Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Sunflower Mason Jar - A Mason Jar Freebie- Maybe?


Good afternoon , ya'll. Yep 2 posts in a day, I would have done it all in one post, but it would have been waaaaay too loooooong. 🙄

If you missed this morning's post, click here to see my vintage Dresden Plate quilt and my tiered tray. 

 So let me start off by Boo Hooing 😢😭  and telling you  that I have been feeling a bit blue lately. Why you ask? Well , here we go again! Tech Issues! 

 Google Docs is giving me a fit, and I am not able to upload my freebie charts as jpgs. Uggggh! 😠😩😭 What to do?!?! 

First off, I am not very techy, and I have to scan my charts and upload them from the USB. When I try to upload them, I get the message "this file type is not supported". All was ok until a week ago. I think Google has updated, and I have am just too tech dumb to figure what is going on. To say the least  I am almost in tears. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? 

 I have been stitching up a storm though. 

In fact, I have been working feverishly  to squeeze in my Sunflower Jar for Sunflower September stitching. 

Eeh! Let's do the wave!!!  I completed it.  Just a jar filled with sunshine. It certainly makes me smile. 

This little jar stitched up quickly and there are only 7 floss colors in it. DMC 937, 898, 3345, 3347, 782, 3371 and 413. 

So what I am going to try to do, is post the image of the chart  on my blog . I do not know if you will be able to print it or not. This is an experiment until I can find a solution if there is one. Let me know how it comes out on your end if you do try to print it. 

Lookie at my little bears gifted to me from, sweet Joan. Aren't they the cutest? Thank you , Joan. Oh how I love these guys. 

If you are interested in stitching the Sunflower Jar, please check out the images below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart  or JPG s and not downloads.   I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.





If you are having trouble with  the above images and they  can not be saved and  printed, try right clicking these images .  Lol I am trying to figure this out.  Thanks again for understanding. 




Something about Fall always makes me want to bake. I haven't tried these muffins yet, but they do sound so yummy.


 Not sure why blogger has a large gap between the text. 

Sunflower Pumpkin Muffins

12 muffins

INGREDIENTS: 

1 Cup of all purpose flour

½ cup of packed brown sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

½ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon baking soda

¾ cup canned pumpkin

1 egg slighly beaten

¼ cup of  milk 

⅓ cup of sunflower oil

1 cup of rolled oats 

½ cup raw or roasted sunflower kernels ( if salted , omit the salt in the recipe)

DIRECTIONS

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spice, salt and soda. Mix well. Combine pumpkin, egg, milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients; mix only until well combined. Stir in oats and sunflower kernels. Fill muffin tins ¾ full . Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. 

For topping: Melt 1 Tablespoon sunflower margarine. Mix with ⅓ cup of brown sugar, 3 Tablespoons of sunflower kernels, 1 Tablespoon of flour and ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin spice until crumbly.

Oh, Yum! Don't they sound delicious?  

The rest of the day will be spent in the Quilt Nest. I have been on a roll piecing away. I hope to work on some blue blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I have been absent from participating in that challenge here lately. But I have had good intentions. 

Thank you for the afternoon visit and  for understanding. As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

We're all golden sunflowers inside- Allen Ginsberg

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤


Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo. When I see a sunflower, I think of you- Tall, proud , beautiful and full of sunshine! 


Honey Jar 

 If you missed any of the previous jars, just click on the names below, and you will magically be transported back to a previous post. 

Autumn Jar Pinkeep


Winter  Jar and  Winter 

Sheep Jar and A Basket for Ewe


Bunny Jar 


 Strawberry Jam Jar


Patriotic Jar

18 comments:

  1. I was able to print by saving it to my computer first and then printing~ came out perfect! And I love sunflowers! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Sandie for letting me know . I sure hope to get back into business soon if I can only figure it out. Lol. I hope you enjoy. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. I right clicked on the chart and saved as an image. Then I printed it out no problem. Thanks for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so happy. I will try doing the same . Thank you so much for letting me know and for the encouraging words. I have to admit I have had my moments as I have been trying to figure this out. Lol But I will keep trying. I hope you enjoy. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. Your little jars looks so cute! I love the new header! (I've been gone and haven't been reading blogs, maybe it's been this way for awhile and I just realized it) Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gretchen. I hope you have had a lovely refreshing break. Oh yes, I changed the header here recently when I pulled out my fall decor. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the cute new pattern! I was able to copy and print it fine. In fact it is very clear and looks great. Sometimes some other charts are just a little blurry but this is fine. Your patterns are so cute thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad to hear that , Marsha. I have noticed that about some of the charts a bit blurry too. But I am thrilled to hear that this worked out for you. Than you so much for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  5. I was able to save by right clicking too. Melisa, thank you so much for your generosity!! Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yah! I am so happy that you was able to get the chart, Patty. I have fretted over this . I hope you enjoy . Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. I am all caught up, I was a little behind, too many appointments and such. Melisa, I right clicked and and saved and printed, all good to go. I absolutely love the Sunflower Jar, thank you so much for your patterns, love them all!!! I loved your camping retreat, but would have been a little jumpy with the slithery sighting!! Have a wonderful day and I hope that you find a work around, I know others have been having some issues with Goggle Doc and with Goggle in general. Sending you much love and many hugs from sunny Arizona. I have sunflowers sprouting from the parent plants in the garden, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, dear Mary. I hope all of your appointments have gone well. I am so excited to hear that you was able to get the chart. Lol I was definitely jumpy at the campground especially around our site. Thankfully there were no other sightings. Lol. Hopefully Google Docs will get straightened out soon, good to know its just not me. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your garden my dear. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  7. Your mason jar designs are so adorable, Melisa! This new one with the sunflowers is really tempting me. I'm sorry Google Docs is giving you trouble, and wish I could help, but it sounds like people were successful with what you did do. Thank you for sharing your designs so generously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Diann. Hubby jokes that technology and I do not get along; I do believe he is right. Lol. Have a great weekend. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. I was able to save and print so, No Worries! Thank you for the cute sunflower jar to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah! Thank you so much, Ginny for letting me know. I have worried about it. I am going to try to press on and hopefully I will figure out the tech troubles. I hope you enjoy and thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
    2. I sent it to myself in an email and printed it from there.Thanks so much for the chart,it's really appreciated..I have stitched a couple of your other charts,just have to ffo them..I'm also very techy challenged,so you're not alone..Good luck.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, Kathi for the sweet visit and for leaving a comment and tip on how to print it. I so appreciate it. I hope you enjoy this little chart and I am over the moon hat you have stitched some of my previous designs. That means the world to me. Have a wonderful week and happy stitching.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle