Tuesday, July 12, 2022

A Basket of Honeysuckle - A Bee Freebie

And a Beeautiful day to you , my dear friends. Good morning.  What's the Buzz for the day? Well  I thought I would give you a bee update. Last year, Mr. Pinker caught a hive a of  bees . We babied those darlings for several months but one month they just  disappeared. So not to be discouraged Mr. Pinker put out another trap and boy did we get a great hive. A few weeks ago the bees started bearding or cooling themselves. They seem to be doing well and are staying busy and productive. They are enjoying the clover right now. Down the hill is Amy's garden which they can visit as well.

The honeysuckle has bloomed and the flowers are no longer here to enjoy.  They were nice while they lasted. 

                 

The oldest grandbaby loved to pull the stem from the flowers and suck the nectar. Did you do that as a child? I did. I also loved making honeysuckle wreaths.  

                        

Inspired by the honeysuckle growing down our hillside and the new swarm of bees, my  mind started swirling and soon my needle was on fire with a new basket stitch. 

This is called A Basket of Honeysuckles.

                         

 I stitched mine on 14 count brown Rit dyed aida. I used 7 DMC colors for this piece which included 730 , 830, 3371, blanc,  780, 781, and 844. 

                            

This is a larger piece but it stitched up fairly quickly. It measures 123 x 88 which on 14 count aida brings it to about 8 3/4" x 6 1/4". 

 I framed mine in a thrifted  8 x 10 frame with 2 layers of batting underneath.  

The darling bee skep sitting on the honeysuckle wreath was sent to me by dear Pat . Her sister made it . Isn't it darling? 

 Because this is a larger piece and I am never sure how the jpg's come out on your end, I have created several jpgs with 2 different sizes of the chart. I am sorry that I can not create these in one download ( Remember I am plumb tech dumb. I'm lucky to get this far. Lol 😂😀) 

 Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart  or JPG s and not downloads.   I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the Instruction Page. 

OOOPS!!!! I made a MISTAKE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! I do apologize. I mislabeled  DMC 730 as G it should be / as seen on the chart. 


Click here for the single page Colored Chart. It is the small chart. 


Click here for the single page BLACK/ WHITE Chart. 



Click here for  page 1 of the larger Colored Chart


 Click here for page 2 of the larger Colored Chart. 



Click here for  page 1 of the larger  BLACK/ WHITE Chart  

 

Click here for page 2 of the larger  BLACK/ WHITE Chart. 





I am slowly putting away my patriotic decor and the bee decor is coming out. I am thrilled to add this one to my collection. 

Hive Sweet Hive 

Well that is what is going on in my little hive . What about you? Are you working on a summertime project today? Whatever you are up to today, I hope you have a wonderful time doing it.  Thank you, so much for the sweet visit , my friends. I truly appreciate each and every one of you . Have a BEETASTIC day and as always...


  

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Stop and smell the honeysuckle! 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . Love and miss you, Amo. 

35 comments:

  1. Melissa, please don't apologize. Sharing your designs for free is a generous gift. Basket of Honeysuckles is adorable. Great dye job, too. It looks great. I love the scent of honeysuckle, too. Glad the bees are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Sue . Thank you so much that means so much to me. Oh I agree the scent of honeysuckle is divine. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the new pattern - so cute. Does the year 1882 have a significance for you? I love how you take thrifted frames and make beauties of them!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome, Donna and thank you . I put the year of 1882 for 100 years before my sisters birth. It was just a little reference to her. It is almost like a treasure hunt to find good cheap frames at the Goodwill. I am trying to stash a few back when I find them cheap. Have a great week and safe travels.

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely darling - I can't wait to stitch it up! Thanks, as always for your generosity in sharing your creative designs. I love the scent of honeysuckle. Right now, our night-blooming jasmine is the star. In the evenings, the smell is intoxicating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much. I truly hope that you enjoy it. Mmmm! The smell of jasmine so heavenly. I can imagine the sweet scent. Have a wonderful and blessed week.

      Delete
  4. You are growing as a designer! Thank you for sharing this--it's really lovely! And yes, we used to suck the nectar (I wonder if that's how honeysuckle got its name).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind and I appreciate the wonderful compliment. That means the world to me .I definitely feel like I have spurts of creativity and have enjoyed every minute of learning these last few years. Have a blessed week and thank you again.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful freebie thanks much.what is the significance of the year on the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. Usually I add a date that is of the birth of one of my ancestors but this is just 100 years before the birth of my sister, Just a little nod to her. Blessings

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Oh , Shelly . Thank you so much, I had a ball stitching it and was amazed how quickly it stitched up. Thank you for the sweet visit .

      Delete
  7. What a lovely new bee design, Melisa! We used to do that with the honeysuckle. I will be working on Coffee Bird when I sit down with my needle and thread later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a wonderful project, Robin. I hope you make a lot of progress. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my new bee design. Have a wonderful and blessed week. Hugs

      Delete
  8. I just love this! You are simply amazing! Thank you for sharing your talents with us. I hope you have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much, Carlie. I am so excited that you like it. That means the world to me. I hope you enjoy this humble little design. Blessings.

      Delete
  9. We also sucked the sweetness from the honeysuckle flowers. So sweet and I love this sweet honeysuckle basket of sweetness too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol we did that as kids all the time . I had a ball stitching this little piece. I hope you enjoy it. Blessings and hugs. Thank you , dear Susie.

      Delete
  10. Thank you, once again, for your generous sharing of a beautiful stitch! It's a very pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Ginny. It is a joy to share this little design. I had so much fun stitching this one up. I am a bit on a basket kick right now. Lol. Have a wonderful week. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  11. Awesome design! Thank you for sharing your beautiful designs with us dear friend. So love the sweet bees and flowers. I am really loving your basket series designs. I have this one set up to stitch up next...my list of "next" keeps growing because of you! As kids we use to take the honeysuckle and string them together to make necklaces...they were fragile and did not last long, but they were fun and smelled so wonderful. Thank you again sweet friend for the lovely design. Blessings always ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I am so excited that you are enjoying the baskets. I have been on a basket kick for some reason. Lol. I never tried that with honeysuckle before. We used to do the same thing with clover flowers. Such a great memory. Thank you for sharing. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  12. That amazes me how fast you come up with these cute stitching creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Vicki. I can come up with the designs pretty quick. It is just getting them all stitched. Lol. But it is fun to stitch all that I can and I feel very blessed to share them. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Yes, when I was a child, I sucked on the honeysuckle too. We planted it at the base of a large windmill and it has done fantastic. Love the smell.
    Your pattern is adorable and just perfect for what I am planning. Every Friday there are six friends that I get together with and sew. Four of us have been friends for 20 years. I've hosted 7 retreats for these ladies and I'm planning another for next spring. My last one was last fall and I need time to plan and prepare. I just ordered bee fabric jelly rolls from Fat Quarters. The ladies will make a bee themed quilt. This cross stitch is PERFECT for them to stitch. Your background looks to have a slight purple cast and the fabric has purple, yellow, green, and gold colors. Our retreat starts at 9am with breakfast, snacks thru out the day, and I usually make lasagna or taco soup for dinner (something I can make ahead). We end around 9pm. I have gifts for them and we usually work on 3 projects. I'm planning the quilt, this stitchery, and I haven't thought of the 3rd project yet. Thank you, thank you!! Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Patty.How much fun is that and what a blessing to have a group of friends to sew and stitch with. The retreats sound amazing and you certainly put a lot of work into it. I am so touched that this little design will be part of your retreat. Thank you so much. I hope you and the ladies have a wonderful Friday stitching and a fabulous retreat when that time comes. Thank you so much, dear friend.

      Delete
  14. Yes, honeysuckle nectar, so sweet! Thank you so much for this sweet pattern, your are the best! Love the bees, may they thrive and multiply. Sending love and hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Mary.We certainly have been enjoying our swarm of bees this year and they have given me much inspiration. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  15. I am so glad your bees are doing well. We attempted having bees at our vacation home in Ga...Grimmwood. We got one good harvest but after that those ungrateful bees just took off.:) We gave it another try...same thing. We decided that maybe bee keeping was not for us.:) But we love bees and my granddaddy was a bee man. I wish I had paid more attention to his hobby when I was a child. What a cute stitch! You are so talented and gracious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Arlene. It sounds like your time with the bees was like ours last year. We have our fingers crossed that these will stay around. I bet you have some great memories of your granddad tending his bees. Thank you so much, dear Arlene. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  16. Love all your posts, and especially love your pic of your porch swing....lovely indeed.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful charts and will have a busy time deciding which one to do first, just might be one of your house chart....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind . Your sweet words certainly provides me inspiration and encouragement and I truly appreciate it. I hope you enjoy my humble little charts which ever you choose. The house ones are some of my favorites. Have a blessed week. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  17. Ah, yes--I well remember sucking the honeysuckle down at our neighbor's home. Two elderly spinsters lived in that house and always used to invite me and my brother in for cookies and milk as we walked home from school. Nice memories :)

    Your newest chart is just beautiful, Melisa! I can't get over how productive you are in your designing and stitching. Thank you for your kindness and generosity ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the beautiful chart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful new design! Love the bee theme!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday