Friday, July 22, 2022

Back in the Game

Howdy doo, my friends! TGIF! Woo Hoo! I am back in the game! 


What game you ask? Well I have pretty much  been missing and not in action in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. But I am back on board - at least for this week.  I have to admit though, this gal copied somebodies homework to get in the game 😲. "Oh no you didn't !", some of you are saying.  Yep I did!
  Last week, I was happily visiting dear Jenny 's blog at Romany Quilting where she shared the cutest purple blocks  that she was working.  They are called Little Bricks.

Isn't this purple fabric so pretty? 

Jenny's blocks danced in my head for days and then I did it! I sauntered up to the quilt room , found a few scraps of purple fabrics and lickety split in no time I had 12 blocks. Really they were that quick.   Later , I even pieced some green ones. 

 If you jump over to Jenny's blog, she will give you a link as  to where she found the blocks and the measurements which was at Sylvia's of Treadlestitches , plus you can drool over her lovely blocks and Sylvia's as well. 

So that is my story of how Jenny and Sylvia got me back into the game.  Thank you so much, ladies. Hmm! I wonder what they are up to today? 🤔😃

I also have been working on HST. I have a turquoise quilt in mind. 

Sunflowers are blooming on my seasonal tree. It is still a work in progress, but it is getting well packed with mid summer goodness. 

  

Well that's my Friday ramblings. Have a beautiful evening, my friends. 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Failure doesn't mean the game is over; it means try again with experience. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you.  11 months . How can that be? 


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

24 comments:

  1. I wrote down the directions for Jenny's block but haven't gotten it sewn yet, too many other things going on. Hey, it's summer! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Gretchen as soon as I saw them I fell in love with them. I adore when a pattern brings about excitement. Have a great summer. I bet you are staying very busy on the farm.

      Delete
  2. Hi Melisa, many thanks for the mention. I'm pleased you have made some purple "little bricks", they are so quick and easy to stitch up. As you say, I'm sharing Sylvia's pattern and now you are too! Isn't it a wonderful quilty world that blogland is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jenny. I love visiting your blog and am inspired with each visit. I truly appreciate you bringing that spark of inspiration that I needed as well as Sylvia. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Gosh, there are so many quilty things going on this summer! There never seems to be enough time! Plenty of fabric though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I agree, Donna. There are so many QAL and SAL that I want to enjoy . I just need lots of time or extra hands. Don't you. Lol. Happy summer. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Lovely blocks, Melisa! Your sunflower tree is so cheerful looking. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. Such a quick and easy block to work on . Jenny certainly gave me the quilting inspiration I needed. It felt good to finally get that raggedy tree changed over for later summer. Big hugs.

      Delete
  5. Do you know you are an enabler? 😁 and I’m so glad you are. I’m going to take a look at Jenny's and Sylvia's blocks. Who knows there may be some of those blocks popping up on my design wall. I’m trying to flesh out a Halloween quilt of various blocks so these would fit in nicely. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I will wear that badge with honor. Jenny's and Sylvia's blocks are certainly gorgeous and just what I needed. This blocks in Halloween fabrics would be fabulous and can you imagine Christmas colors. Ooooh you are giving me ideas now. Lol Happy quilting, Bonnie.

      Delete
  6. I love your blocks. That purple fabric is fantastic. Now I have to visit those two blogs today. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you certainly will not be disappointed visiting Jenny and Sylvia. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Big hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your sunflower tree is so cute, Melisa! Just perfect for this time of summer. And your blocks inspired by Jenny and Sylvia are wonderful. Hope you are having a great weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much dear Carol. I was thrilled to get the little raggedy tree ready for late summer. It will be easy to transform it to fall later on. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I made one of Sylvia's little bricks blocks, too! Fun to see you and Jenny making them, too. Now I shall have to make more! Your sunflower tree is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Jenny and Sylvia has got a movement going on Little Bricks. Which is a fabulous thing. Weren't they sew much fun? Thank you for the sweet visit, Diann.

      Delete
  9. There's nothing as satisfying as busting through scraps. Good for you for getting back at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, Michelle. I have the tendency to get lost in my bin of scraps. lol. Thank you for the sweet visit. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  10. Always wonderful to use what you've got and turn scraps into something pretty and useful. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly agree, Tammy. I have been having a ball in the quilt room going through the scrap bin. I feel like I am getting more done using what I have as well. Have a great week.

      Delete
  11. Oh how pretty those sunflowers are on a seasonal tree like that. How neat to find inspiration at Jenny's blog and make some of those great blocks too. The net is wonderful for that, isn't it. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jocelyn. It was fun to work on the little raggedy tree and give it its summer decor. I think it is much happier now. Lol. Jenny and Sylvia certainly gave me the quilting spark I needed. Have a great week. Hugs

      Delete
  12. Nice to see you back in the game no matter how you got there! And that seasonal tree is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Cathy. These little blocks certainly has given me the boost I needed to join back in and perhaps work on some of my other RSC projects. . Have a great week, Cathy. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour