Friday, July 8, 2022

A -Tisket , A- Tasket , A Little Yellow Basket


A tisket , a tasket 

A green and yellow basket

I wrote a letter to my love 

And on the way I dropped it..."

Good morning, ya'll. I finished my "Tisket , A Tasket, A Little Yellow Basket " quilt. Whew! What a long name. But each time I worked on it I would recite the little nursery rhyme in my head. 

Do you remember this sweet nursery rhyme? As a child I loved nursery rhyme time especially if there were  motions  or dances  to go with the rhyme. I think  Farmer in the Dell was my favorite though.  I went to a little private kindergarten in a church and after puzzle time we would gather in the main room and act out little rhymes each day. At the end of the year, we had a  graduation where each child had to recite a nursery rhyme. Mine was "I Have a Little Dress Shop". 

                 I have a little dress shop

        A great big store downtown.

        I will sell you pretty dresses

        Even lovely wedding gowns. 

Yes! I still remember it!  This was actually a perfect rhyme for me because I would only wear dresses as a child.  Lol

I do not know if rhymes and games are taught like this now.   Hmm. I would like to think these  classics are taught in preschool though.  

 Well anywhoo! I actually appliqued this quilt in 2021 with the intentions of finishing it that summer. Well a year late is not too bad.  After completing my Friendship Basket quilt last year, I was ready to start a new basket quilt .

 I quickly drew out a small rounded basket and then searched the Quilt Nest for pretty cheerful yellow fabrics. I appliqued these little sweeties in just a weekend and had the blocks all set. Oh,how I love scrap quilts-even if they are small.  

I adore the primary colored fabrics in this quilt. There is a mixture of thrifted, vintage, quilt shop and Walmart fabrics. (I will use just about any fabric if I love it) .

          

 Do any of these fabrics look familiar to you? You might have some in your quilt stash. 

                

 This fabric was bought years ago from the Little Quilt shop in Marietta , GA. 

      

This yellow basket is quite cheerful in the vintage yellow fabric.

  Early 1990's fabric used in this basket. I bought several yards of the yellow rose fabric from the Goodwill years ago. 

I always hum "The Yellow Rose of Texas" when working with this fabric.

 Love the aqua paired with the red. 

The quilting is a bit wonky , but I am ok with that. It is handmade with love. 

Hmmm. How many state parks or campgrounds has this little quilt visited. David Crocket State Park, Warriors Path State Park ,  Roan Mountain,  Big Ridge State Park and  Martin Springs Campground. I think it is well traveled . Don't you? 

My quilt in my  favorite camp chair. 

 

I finished the quilting at Big Ridge .  

Now it is time to pop another baby into the quilt frame. 

Before you leave, I wanted to tell you that I have been having tech trouble again. It takes 40 -50  minutes to upload photos to my blog or to Instagram which I am not sure why.  At this point , I am quite frustrated and at times want to throw up my hands. I use a Canon camera to take my photos and load them directly to blogger or IG without loading them to the chromebook.   If you have any suggestions on what I should do or not do, I would greatly appreciate it. If I am offline, for awhile it might be due to that . My daughter will be home in 2 weeks maybe she can help. 

Chat with you later, my dears. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs and as always...

Happy Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Secretly, I'm a kid at heart; everything amuses me! 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

24 comments:

  1. Your little quilt is so sweet. How bright and cheery it is. Love all those little prints on the baskets. I remember playing a game and singing A Tisket A Tasket when I was in kindergarten. We used to sing and recite rhymes all the time, way back when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, Kim. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and compliment. Creating this little quilt brought back a lot of fond memories that is for sure. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Your basket quilt is so cute! Daughters are great for IT help, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gretchen. Lol I do not know what I would do without my dear daughter to get me through the tech troubles. Have a great weekend. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is darling! My dd also helps with our IT problems - must be a generational thing! ;-) We've only stayed in one state park this year - Clear Creek in AL. Love it. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much Donna. I know my daughter has a greater understanding on IT problems than me .LOL. I am going to have to look up Clear Creek SP. I haven't heard of it. I hope you are enjoying your travels. I am already ready to get back on the road. Lol. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so kindly, Christine. I had a lot of fun making it. Have a wonderful weekend. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. What a darling basket quilt you created and certainly very well-traveled, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. Lol I wish I had taken its photo at each state park. I wasn't expecting it to take this long to finish it. Have a great weekend. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  6. Sweet little basket quilt and so well travelled! Sorry about the tech problems, they always seem to pop up when least expected. I call my grandson and he fixes everything in a jiffy. Looking forward to a small camping trip the end of this month, going north to the cooler temps. Have a wonderful week and we will be here when you can get through. Hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday , dear Mary. Oh yes , the younger generation seem to know what to do with the tech problems. How fortunate you have your grandson nearby to fix the problem in no time. Eeeh I am excited to hear that you are going on a camping trip, Mary. I hope that you have a great time and enjoy the cooler temps. We always head to the mountains to camp when we visit AZ if possible . Lol . Have a great weekend. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  7. I now have the ear worm "A Tisket, a Tasket" nursery rhyme playing in my head! Such a cute little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol sorry about that. At least it is a cute rhyme to have ringing in your head for the day:) I couldn't resist . Thank you so much, dear Ginny. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  8. Lovely cute yellow basket quilt and thanks for the reminder on the little song--
    and as for dresses--when I went to school--girls never wore pants--it was always dresses or later in high school it was skirts and blouses--I even wore dresses when I went to a one room school house and had to walk 1 1/4 miles each way in all kinds of weather!!! (now I live in shorts and t-shirts--as I live in Florida!!!)
    have a great week end and hope you can figure out the posting issues--
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah what a great memory . Thank you so much for sharing. Times are much different now aren't they? Shorts and ts are certainly more comfortable. Have a wonderful weekend , my friend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  9. Awww such a sweet quilt! I always love seeing your adorable quilts. I would make my pictures "smaller" when uploading (it sometimes helps) and your upload speed may not be the same as your download speed...maybe check on that. I hope that helps in some way. :) Wishing you a day full of many blessings dear sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear. I will certainly try that. I am constantly learning something new as I explore blogland. Lol. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the sweet visit and help. I need all of the suggestions I can get. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  10. That's such a sweet quilt, Melisa! How fun to take it around visiting all those parks on your camping trip. Pretty quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diann. I wish I had taken photos of it at all of the signs. I will have to remember that on the next trip and quilt. Lol Have a great weekend. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  11. What a lovely quilt! I do recognize some of those fabrics - sew pretty! I adore the photo of the quilt in the hoop with the flowers behind - warm fuzzies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an adorable quilt. I loved seeing the close ups of the yellows. and holee cow - it has traveled more than me!!! haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cheerful basket quilt! Lovely fabrics, and the scenery is beautiful too ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the sweetest quilt, Melissa. My quilting is usually wonky. I think we add character to our quilts that way. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday