Blog Archive

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Happy Spring!

Happy Sunday, Sunshine!


And Happy Spring! Can you believe it ? It is officially Spring. 

 I adore this little bunny from  Annie Beez Folk Art called  Spring Bunny freebie .


 My tiered tray is filled to the brim with Spring goodies . 


 Of course there has to be chickens in the mix. This little chick makes me smile. 



 I had to include some Easter eggs too. 

So today I will be working on quilting this little quilt . It is made from leftover 2 1/2" strips. 


 The 2nd  embroidery block dedicated to my baby sister is finished.


 I am working on the 3rd block, but this is indeed a slow stitch. I work on it a little at a time. 👼😇💗


 This week I hope to finish this little stitch and begin a new one. 

  It is supposed to get in the high 60's today. That means a great day for some slow stitching on the patio. 

So what are your plans for the day?
Thank you so much, my dears for the sweet visit and as always...
Happy stitching and quilting, 
Melisa
Spring brings new growth, weed out the bad and make room for something beautiful!!
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who reveled warm days and sunshine. Love and miss you, Amo. 

  I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday
Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

18 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Sunday. Thank you for a lovely blogpost. I am making 1/2 inch hexagons today and I hopefully have time to continue stitching your Tulip House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Annelies! Those are teeny tiny hexis. I bet they are as cute a button though. I am so excited that you are working on the Tulip House. I hope you are enjoying it. I started another saltbox last night. Have a very lovely evening. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Your decorations look so bright and springlike! Love the embroidered blocks, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahh thank you so much, Gretchen. It feels good to bring out bright cheerful colors after these long winter months. They certainly are lifting my spirits. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. Happy Sunday, Melisa! What a wonderful assortment of goodies to see! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I have been busy pulling out all things Spring related. I am definitely excited as the days warm up. Hope it is getting warm in your neck of the woods too. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  4. I adore the threads you chose for your spring stitcheries - so fresh and happy looking!
    ENjoy your spring stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kathy. I think of my sister as I work on these blocks. I am loving every stitch. Happy Spring. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Hooray for Spring! My favourite season! Enjoy your spring themed stitching and decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I feel the same way! I am so excited for the warm weather, to be outside and I can not wait to play in dirt. I have been pulling out all things bright and cheerful in my spring decor. It certainly is making me happy. Have a wonderful week . Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Love your spring displays! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Karrin . Thank you so much. I feel like I have got a lot accomplished this week, pulling out my spring decor and even having time to quilt a bit. I wish I could get as much done as you though. Have a very lovely week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  7. Your spring display is bright and cheery, love the little chicken. It is threatening to rain but it may pass us by and head over to the next town, I guess I need to water (it will sprinkle for sure!). Happy First Day of Spring to you, sending love and hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy happy Spring, Mary. Oh goodness, I hope it did not rain too much so you could enjoy time in your garden. It was a lovely day here, but alas I had to go to Wally World so I did not get as much accomplished as I liked. Hoping to spend time in the greenhouse tomorrow though. Have a great week. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  8. Love your Spring and Easter decorations! The quilt in your hoop looks lovely - enjoy stitching on it. And those embroidery designs that honor your sister are so sweet - they'll be a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diann. I have been enjoying working on this small quilt this week though I do need to put in some quilt time in a larger quilt. I am happy with the way the embroidery blocks are working out. They are a joy. Have a great week and happy Spring.

      Delete
  9. Is your embroidery mostly a running stitch or a back stitch. It is really neat and pretty. I have a few vintage printed bibs that I want to stitch, but I don't know what stitches to use. I like that scrappy quilt that you are quilting now. Such pretty fabrics. I love your Springtime arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun embroidery blocks. Your bunnies, chicks and egg displays are all beautiful. I'm looking forward to a warm up here, we went backwards into winter this week.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle