Blog Archive

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Clucking Along!

 Welcome, sweet snow bunnies. 



Yep! We went from close to 70 degrees yesterday to snow this morning. But it hasn't lasted long. It is already melting and warmer weather is on the way.

Yesterday, I bustled around the house changing out some of my quilts.  I pulled out a yellow scrap quilt that I finished last year. 


It looks pretty cheery on my old hoosier , but it will not stay there. 


I then took down my yellow four patch quilt. 

I was so excited to hang my chicken quilt that I worked on last year. 

When Mr. Pinker got home from work . I gleefully exclaimed. "Lookie, dear! I hung up my chicken quilt!!!" 

"Where?" he asked. 

"On the wall ! Where else , Silly!" 

Mr. Pinker began to twist his head all around looking at every wall.  Then he spotted it. 

"You kinda miss it with all of the stuff hanging about, " he said with a sly grin. 

          

"Well I do see a few hens peeking through the country clutter," I said with pure joy.

"They like their area to be  cluttered,  I mean  decorated too.,"  I explained as I clapped my hands in excitement.  "I have pulled out hens and a rooster and even filled my dough bowl with stitchy goodies."


 " I think you have reached the point of no return on the chicken addiction," Mr. Pinker said with a sigh. 

"Oh no! You can never have to many chickens. That is a fact. You can even look it up!  "   I then began to ramble on " I  have 2 new chicken quilts in the works and I need .....🐔🐔🐔"

All Mr. Pinker heard was "Cluck, cluck, cluck". 

"Ok, dear. Whatever makes your chicken loving heart happy" And then he went merrily on his way and I - well I went about clucking along filling my mason jar with plastic eggs. 

   

After puttering around like a busy hen, I then changed gears and did the bunny hop into the living room and stuffed the little Dollar Tree carrot gift bags with some plastic bags and Wah lah! I had some little carrots to set about. 

Finally , I wrapped up the evening by making a yellow block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 


I was on  such a high from having a great evening that I began doing a chicken strut.  Then hubby came back upstairs and said. "Whatcha want for dinner?  Chicken?🐔😲 " 

Well my dears, that is my tale for the day. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit and as always...
Happy stitching and quilting. 

Melisa
Life is better with chickens. 
Hugs and Stitches!!!

Don't forget to spring up those clocks!

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who was also a chicken lover. Miss you , Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 


Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday


22 comments:

  1. That is a sweet Chicken Quilt, for sure! Chicken Strut and Bunny Hop, you had me laughing out loud, the mister must always be amused with your antics. Have a wonderful weekend and "no" to snow! I may have to bunny-hop around the garden this afternoon, sun is shinnbing and it is not too hot!! Need to take care of some pesky weeds! Love and hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Mary. Lol I keep Mr. Pinker on his toes. Thankfully the snow melted quickly and we are back in the 60's. I need to be bunny hopping into the garden as well. Hope you had a very productive weekend. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  2. Your chicken quilt looks adorable. Did you make the yellow one that you took down? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Penny. I made the yellow quilt about 10 years ago. It is still one of my favorites to hang especially come summer time. Have a very lovely week.Hugs.

      Delete
  3. The new chicken quilt is very pretty! A lot of chicken? Where? ;))
    Thank you for sharing your happy place, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much Frederique. Lol I do love my chickens. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Love your chicken quilt, so cute and springy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Gretchen. It certainly brightens up the kitchen and makes me smile. I hope you have a lovely week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. Oh, that chicken quilt, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Jenny. I had so much fun working on it last year. It holds a lot of good memories. Thank you for the sweet visit. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Love your chicken quilt, Melisa! Always enjoy seeing your pictures and reading your words! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. The Chicken quilt is one of my most recent favorites. Hope you are getting some warmer weather. Have a great week and happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Too funny, Melisa! Congrats on getting your RSC Chicken quilt up on the wall. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Joy. I had a ball working on this quilt. I was so excited to finally get to hang it up. Have a wonderful week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post this is. Totally enjoyed it. Your chicken quilt is just adorable. You really know how to set up for great pictures. Have fun! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Chantal. Thank you so much for making my day. I do love my chickens and was so excited to pull this quilt out and hang it. Have a wonderful week and thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  9. Oh I am in total agreement with you - you can never have too many chickens!! In fact, I need more.... Love your chicken quilt and all your decorations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your quilts are lovely....but that sweet chicken quilt...is soooo adorable! Your displays are always so much fun and lovely to see. Wishing you a lovely day full of blessings. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much , dear. I sure wish I had more quilting time to complete more. I had a ball working on the chicken quilt last year and it certainly brightens my kitchen. Have a wonderful week. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  11. Chickens are irresistible in my humble opinion. Such cute stuff, especially the chicken quilt peaking out. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Jennifer for the sweet visit. I feel the same about chickens. I can not get enough of them and have been collecting chicken related items for years. lol. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  12. Haha, you had me clucking, I mean chuckling. Great post and I love the chicken quilt. Your weather and view looks much like mine, in the woods and 20-70 degrees in 24 hours. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday