Blog Archive

Sunday, March 6, 2022

The Tale of the Holiday Pusher

Good morning, Sunshine and welcome. 


The other day  Mr. Pinker walked into the living room with a look of confusion on his face. 

"What's wrong ? , I asked sweetly.

 "I do not know what is going on around here, " he replied.



"Why ? What do you mean?" I asked having know idea what he was talking about. 


"Why are there bunnies and leprechauns all over the  house?   I thought Easter is in April.  I can't keep up with the holidays. 




" Easter is in April, Silly. I am just embracing both of the holidays at once. I guess I am  a holiday pusher. I push one holiday into the other. "

           

"Oh!" Mr. Pinker said as he rolled his eyes and and at the very moment , I broke out into a jig and  began humming "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" . Mr . Pinker just shook his head and went merrily on his way. Twenty minutes later I was taking a deep dive into more Easter bins. 😄🐰☘ 

           

I have pulled out some Easter projects to work on today.


 My quilt project is an Easter quilt. I have been working on this quilt for a couple of years. I am quilting it with the Baptist Fan design. 



My cross stitch project is going to be Thistles "To the Easter Party"  . 

 

So being a holiday flip flopper that I am I thought I would leave you with a Valentine quilt stack . 😀💗❤

         

 I wonder if I could squeeze Halloween and Christmas in this post too. Lol. I won't push it that far. May your day be filled with sunshine, smiles, and lots of blessings and as always..

Happy quilting and stitching ya'll,

Melisa

Hey wait! You know I can't resist. I  have to do the countdown. 

☘11 days till St. Patrick's Day. 

🐰43 days till Easter

🎃239 days till Halloween

🎅295 days till Christmas. 

               

 Be the reason someone smiles!🤗

Hugs and Stitches!!!


 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday
Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday


          

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved all of the holidays. Love you, Amo. 



14 comments:

  1. Your post always makes me smile! Keep on enjoying the holidays because we enjoy them through your holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute post, you always brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so cute. I love your name! What a lovely quilt you are working on...so sweet. I think you can also add Sun Shine maker to your list of names, too. Your bring a bite light of fun to all you do. :) Wishing you a most lovely day full of blessings sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home, Melisa, is brimming with fabulousness! I did smile at your husband's reaction to all the holiday decorating. How happy and whimsical your Easter quilt is. All those little squares bursting with colour and pattern. As I wandered through your home, looking at all the decorating, I noticed carrots wrapped in twine....how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me laugh with your post... you are a self proclaimed holiday pusher and holiday flip flopper! LOL
    I love the photos of your baptist fan project... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty Easter Quilt! Your hand quilting is lovely! Yes, bring on all the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your holiday stitcheries are a feast for the eyes, no matter what holiday it is. I haven't stitched any shamrocks or bunnies yet, but now I will need to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holiday Pusher, Holiday Flip-Flopper, LOL!! You always bring smiles and giggles to me with your sweet posts of your lovely crafts. Hubby is a keeper, have a wonderful day with sweet sunshine and bright bits of color popping up in the garden. Love and hugs from Arizona, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Easter quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And this year I just can summon the enthusiasm to even get out my meager St. Patrick's Day decorations. Easter is the week before my son's wedding. I am not sure I will decorate for that either as we won't be having a celebration as we all live in different states and have to fly to California right after. I did enjoy looking at all your pretty decor though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post to read this morning, Melisa! Your bunnies are darling. Pretty Easter quilt you are working on along with your Easter stitch. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your life story in what you do. Where did you find the pattern for the Spring has Sprung? So cute. Hope you have a great week. Keep doing what you do. Friends

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to look when Easter was this year, it's on the later end this year. You've got some fun decorations up. I'm definitely ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you can't enjoy them one at a time, then enjoy them all at once!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour