Blog Archive

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Piddlin' Around

 Good afternoon, ya'll and Happy Saturday. How has your weekend been thus far? I hope good.


 Mr. Pinker is off on a fishing tournament but is due back  later this evening. That has given me plenty of time to piddle around the house pulling out Easter decor and such . 



 I even popped into the quilt nest. Not anything fabulous in the works, but I did piece the beginning of a little quilt. 

Applique will happen next. 

My leader and ender project is flag blocks.




One of my new starts last week was  Stacy Nash Primitives "Symbol of My Heart Schoolgirl Sampler" a sweet  gift from my dear friend, Patricia. I used  DMC 898. 


This was such a relaxing , peaceful stitch.   I have it completed now, but am looking for the perfect fabric to pair it with. I was thinking of making it into a little quilt.

I completed the basket in With Thy Needle and Thread's May Day Basket, a freebie on Brenda's blog. I chose random colors. I now am ready for the fun part- the alphabet. 

Well that is my going ons for the day. The rest of the evening , I plan to enjoy some porch stitching while watching the doves and cardinals fight over the birdfeeders. 
Have a very lovely evening and as always...
Happy quilting and stitching , ya'll.,
Melisa

Happiness is a direction , not a destination. 
Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear sis, Amy. Love and miss you. 

Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday


12 comments:

  1. You've reminded me that it's time to pull out the Easter things!! Looks like you had a really good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I have been working all week pulling out Easter .Though I had pulled out a little at the first of the month, once St . Patty's day passed I was into it full force. Lol. Have a wonderful week, Sara and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. Easter decor is looking great, but I'm sure you will find a little more ornaments for the holidays ;) Pretty little floral quilt. Enjoy your porch stitching time!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Frederique. I am excited to pull out the Easter decor. I am hoping to applique some baskets on the floral quilt. I am debating on whether they should be yellow or another color. Have a lovely week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. Already, Easter??? Time just seems to slip by me lately. The weather is pretty good here now, hight 70's/ low 80's, birds waking up early and chirpping loudly for the feeders to be filled. Best time of year, newness everywhere! Have a great rest of the weekend, hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this year is flying by . Don't you, Mary? Easter is on the 17th of April this year. I had to run to check the calendar. But it will be here in no time. Our birdies have been getting their bellies full too. I love watching them . My sweet squirrels have returned too. They are comical. Now if only my chipmunk will return then the whole crew will be enjoying the feeders lol. Have a great week. Big hugs and love.

      Delete
  4. Those flags are SEW darling, Melisa!! Are they as small as they appear? That looks like a great Leader/Ender project. How many are you going to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Joy . I am really enjoying the flags blocks. I believe they measure 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 unfinished. I haven't decided how many to make yet. I am trying to figure where I want to hang it. Last year, I made a small one to hang in the living room on a quilt rack. I sorta would like to make one to hang in the kitchen. I keep debating what color sashing to use too. I am definitely getting excited about this quilt. Have a great week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. Oh what fun Easter decorations!!
    and you flags are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much ,Alycia. I am really enjoying piecing the flag blocks. I hope to make more this weekend. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. That little easter bunny is adorable and perfect for your holiday decor! Can't wait to see the applique you add to that little mini. Those flag blocks are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your projects on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you dressed up the bunny with your carrots from last week. The last time my husband went out of town I hardly left the sewing room but managed to get so much done around the house. Hope you enjoyed your quiet time. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour