Saturday, September 21, 2024

This and That Saturday

Good morning, Sunshine! How are you doing on this fine September  Saturday?  Do you any  grand plans for the weekend?   Me?  Well I plan to jump in with both feet and see what the day allows. 😀 I am sure that includes family visits, a tad of quilting and bit of stitching. Hmmm should I include some chores in there? Naaah ! Hee! Hee! 

It has been a very busy week here in the holler. In fact, Mr. Pinker and I have been keeping  a tight schedule running errands and going from here to there and everywhere.  
The other day we went to a thrift store where I came home with a few thrifty finds including this darling needlepoint stocking. Now hold on to your bloomers! 👖      This was a dime!  A dime , I tell you! 😳  I was a little sad as I looked at all of the workmanship put into it.  I wondered: How could someone give this lovingly stitched piece away?  And  how come it was priced at just a dime?  🤔

Though we do not have a "Jacob " in the family I could not leave it behind. Do you have any suggestions on how I could cover up the name ? Or do you think I should leave it?  🤗

One evening, I gathered up lots of autumnal fabrics which included shirtings, homespun and whatever was smiling brightly at me in the quilt room.  Of course, I had a quilt in mind. 🍁🍂🍁🍂


Strips were cut and then subcut into 2 1/2" squares. 



Soon  I was laying out the wee squares into a 16 patch block.

 
It was not long before I  had lots of pretty blocks . 


My intention as of right now is to aim for a total of 42, but that may change. 

14 blocks pieced
 
Well I  have a new storage container for my 2 1/2" squares, and it is straight out of the refrigerator.  Well not really , but this Walmart macaroni deli container sure is the perfect size to store those little squares . Miss Cheapo strikes again!  😂😄    I just may make a cute label for the top so no one gets confused as to what is in it. LOL. 😃😂

My newest cross stitch start is "Hello Pumpkin" which is a darling design sent to me by sweet Susan. A few more stitches on the letters and then I will be working on the pumpkin.  Thank you so much, Susan .🤗😘
"Hello Pumpkin" is a gift from Susan. 

Golden rod is blooming along the fence lines. It is always one of my favorite late summer weedy blooms. 


I guess I have rambled long enough- don't ya think?  I  wish you the bright and sunny day filled with love, laughter and lots of joy.  


As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health." Voltaire

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much.   ❤👼



 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Susan at Quilt Fabrication for  Midweek Makers Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Joy at Days Filled with Joy for Home Matters


 

Autumn's Saltbox

2 comments:

  1. Hi, what a nice post again. Well, I would leave the name on the stocking and tell everybody it's the snowmans' name.
    I had a busy week too, my gardener was here and we did a lot of work in the garden. Work in the house called, I did a little and then shut the door. Have to stitch!
    The new quilt already looks warm and cosy.
    Have a lovely weekend and a busy needle.
    Hugs, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buenos dias Melissa desde España, es verdad que las labores no estan valoradas, una pena, haria lo que dice anonimo en honor a la personas que bordo la bota durante tantas horas, la subiria a intagram contando su historia y el hermoso trabajo bordado y despues quien sabe si desechado.
    La nueva colcha es muy pero que muy bonita

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

This and That Saturday