Blog Archive

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Leafy Table Scrap Challenge

 Red , yellow , orange and brown

 Leaves falling  to the ground

Whispering softly  Autumn is here

Cooler weather and Autumn's cheer- MV


 Have you started yet?   Started raking leaves ? No, we haven't ,but they are tumbling to the ground especially after the rain that came down this weekend.  We did not lose any trees here in the holler, but on the farm, one cedar tree and an old pear tree came tumbling down from the winds. 

Happy  Friday evening, y'all and welcome. 

 My newest Campbell's mug that I found in north TN at a thrift shop. 

  It has been a spell since I have participated in Joy's  Tablescrap Challenge at The Joyful Quilter, but as soon as I saw her theme , I decided to jump in with both feet with a wee mug rug. 

 Of course, I used the "dark" colors " as Angela has suggested for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for the month of September. This was an easy peasy  quilt to piece using leftover strips as I pieced my autumn 16 patch. 

 I mostly worked with 2" strips for the mug rug. 

 A few of the logs in the mug rug use leaf fabric.

 The backing is a  print by Cranston that I bought this summer on the World's Longest Yard Sale for pennies. 

More 16 patches have been constructed.  More on this quilt in progress in a future post. 

Alrighty Sweeties, this is just a quick drop in. I had hoped to post earlier, but it was one of those lazy daisy days. Hee! Hee! 

Have a wonderful and restful evening and ...

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"Be leaf in yourself."🍁🍂🍁

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much.   ❤👼


Eeeh ! Another red house in the works! I began this stitch last night. Fingers crossed my borders will meet. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday




2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Melisa! Your mug rug is just perfect for the leaf theme and Angela's color selection. Thank for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet little mug rug, Melisa! I love the fall colors you included in it, and the leaf print backing is lovely. It looks like you had fun sewing up those pretty scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Leafy Table Scrap Challenge