Sunday, September 22, 2024

A Day of Stitching

 Wow is it Sunday already?! It sure is!  Happy Sunday y'all and welcome. 


Sweet Shelly gifted me  With Thy Needle and Threads "Sugar and Spice" .  I will finish the roof  icing today and then add in the gingerbread shingles.  Hmmm- a roof and windows before the walls- Yep, that's how we roll at my construction company. Hee! Hee! 
Thank you, Shelly. πŸ€—

The fabric gingerbread man was a gift from dear Patricia. I love this little fella. 

This week , I drew out the designs for Harvest Season  on 4 1/2" squares.   I shared these little doodles earlier this month. If you missed them, I invite you to click on the colored text and visit that post. 


First up was the acorn.  I had to shorten it a tad, but that was easy to do. 


The grandsons had a double header on Monday  so I was able to stitch the acorn using the backstitch in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail. I used DMC # 898. 


A little squirrel will next be on my agenda. 


Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were..
✅☑🌞1. Quilt on Scrapberries  . 
 I was able to quilt 3 more blocks this week. I will be sharing a update on Scrapberries this week. 
❌🌞2.Work on Thanksgiving Mason jar
🌞3. Quilt "Alabama Beauty" .
🌞4. Work  on Mini Bouquet Sampler. 
Progress  as of July 12, 2024

🌞5. Continue Fall decorating. 

The Wooley Ewe's Autumn at Sunflower Ridge and October House Fiber Arts" Hello Fall"

Oh bummer! I wasn't very productive this week , but there is always tomorrow to make up for it. 

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 

🌞1. Quilt on Flaming Butterflies 
🌞2.Work on Thanksgiving Mason jar
🌞3. Quilt "Alabama Beauty" .
🌞4. Work  on Mini Bouquet Sampler. 
Progress  as of July 12, 2024

🌞5.Piece more Potato Chip Blocks-  
🌞6. Start a Christmas ornament. 
🌞7. Piece 5 more Autumn 16 patches.

That's what is going on this Sunday in the holler. 
I would be thrilled to the gills if you would drop by this evening for a 2nd visit. I am going to share a Christmas ornament stitch. Here is a sneaky peek. 

Have a beautiful relaxing day, Sweetie Pies and ...

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"Spread happiness and sparkle with positive vibes."

Hugs and Stitches!!! πŸ€—πŸ§΅

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much.   ❤πŸ‘Ό

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday  

9 comments:

  1. Have a peaceful Sunday with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see all your doings and experience your happenings. Woo Hoo! Loving the Harvest Seasons drawings. Very cute! I wish I could get them to print the correct size I'll work with whatever I get. HeeHee So much going on in the holler. Be careful your needle is on fire. Enjoy your day! DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I'll be here tonight - the crazy woman sitting in the front row with the bag of pop corn. LOL Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like it was definitely a productive week! Enjoy your Sunday Melisa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you had a productive week, Melisa. Enjoy your Sunday stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Melisa, hope you have a wonderful stitchy Sunday. I’ll check back later today for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though you may not have checked a lot off your list, you still accomplished a lot. Great progress on your Scrapberries! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "To Do" list for the week is impressive. Considering everything you have going, don't be too hard on yourself if some things sit for a bit. Just enjoy whatever making that you do get to. I have Christmas ornaments in the works, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job quilting three of those luscious strawberries;))) Harvest Season will be so pretty!!
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

A Day of Stitching