Sunday, September 22, 2024

Itty Bitty Gingerbread House- A Christmas Freebie

Two posts in one day. Aaah why not! Besides I just was just itching to show you my newest Christmas ornament. 

It is a very simple and quick stitch called "Itty Bitty Gingerbread House" .  This is a wee stitch with a design size of 32 x 32. I stitched mine on 14 count aida that I coffee/ tea dyed myself which brought it to a size of 2 1/4" squared. 

2019 Gingerbread Tree

5 DMC colors were used in this stitch which included DMC: 347, 436, 610, 3347, blanc.

I rummaged through my quilt room to find some cheery red fabrics to finish my stitch with . The red checked shirt was perfect for finishing and  you never can go wrong with red polka dots. 😀❤

I cut several pieces of cardboard to finish my stitch on.  The stitch was finished on  2 1/2" batting covered piece of cardboard. The other finishing boards measure 3" and 4" . 

I cut the fabrics slightly larger than the finishing boards and laced them . Using Alene's Tacky glue, I attached the pom pom trim to the  back of the stitched piece. I then layered the pieces glued them using Alene's Tacky glue. 

If you are interested in the measurements of all of the items I used, I have included them below. My advice is to measure your piece and then decide what size finishing boards you want to use based on your stitch. 

FINISHING RECIPE: 

4  1/2" x 4 1/2" red checked fabric for fabric covered board

Cut 2 - 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" red polka dot fabric ( one for front, one for back) 

15" pom pom trim ( a generous amount)

9 " hanging ribbon

13" ribbon for bow

Mat boards 2 1/2" 3' 4"

button for bow

Alene's Tacky glue

Thread for lacing and tying off ribbon

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵 






A sneak peek at another gingerbread ornament in the works. 


Now tell me. Have you started thinking about Christmas decorating yet? Hee Hee!  The countdown is on 94 days until Jolly Old St. Nick comes down that chimney! 



I am so very grateful that you popped in to visit me.  🤗


As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"Sugar and spice is always nice. "

Gingerbread Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵







1 comment:

  1. Having stitched quite a few of your cross-stitch freebies myself, I hope you know how much your wonderful designs are appreciated by many! With the Packers leading the Titans at half-time - this day is going well. :) Love from WI

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Itty Bitty Gingerbread House- A Christmas Freebie