Blog Archive

Sunday, September 29, 2024

This and That Sunday

 Happy Sunday , Pumpkins! Please do come in and join me for a bit of this and that. 

            🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂

The other day I was looking though my old Country Living magazines. I loved the 1980's early 1990's decor. How about you?   Here are a few pages from a 1988 magazine.  These fall tablescapes make my heart go thumpity thump! ❤💓💖💓❤


This table has a pretty quilt top on it. 


I adore everything about this kitchen!  Mmm that braided rug. 🤗


I guess I should get my head out of the clouds of dreaming of pretty country kitchens and talk about stitching. 


Image from Pinterest. 

All week long my sewing machine has been humming and buzzing along creating lots of pretty 16 patches. 


I hope to finish piecing the blocks this week and then figure out the layout.


🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂

Baby Girl says "Hi!"  She is one of the baby strays that was born this year. 

Later today I will finish this wee pumpkin stitch and...

A Pumpkin and A Crow in the works. 

A new house stitch is under construction. But the work yard is being over taken by a turkey and her plump pumpkins. Oh bother! 


Monday night the grandsons played baseball. As I cheered along the sidelines, I also completed the embroidery work on Harvest Season


Being the thrifty gal that I am , I gathered up bits and pieces of bating to piece together. 

Piecing batting together. 


I whipped stitched the scrap batting together. 

Whip stitching batting scraps together. 

And chose the same Cranston print fabric that I used in A Leafy Mug Rug that I shared yesterday for the backing.
 

Now Harvest Season is ready for the hoop.  I will be working on it today and tomorrow. 


Well , Sweeties, I will leave you with the most darling sewing project of all!!! My grandsons and nephews spent the night over the weekend and my oldest made his own pincushion using 2 1/2" scraps. He then glued the corners into a little bowl. - just precious! 

My grandson made this darling pincushion. 

Have a super duper day! And ...

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"Today I will be happy, be mindful, be grateful."

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much.   ❤👼

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday  

2 comments:

  1. You have so much going on Melisa! I don’t know how you manage to keep track of all your projects. 😄 Love the wee pumpkin stamp! I especially love all your little quilts and Harvest Season is no exception. If I can get my printer to work I will be printing the pattern. Thank you so much for all the sweet inspiration. Warmest hugs, Barbara @flashinscissors 😘🤗🙋‍♀️👋👍xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melisa, I haven't been keeping up with the treasures you create, but with the recent hurricane and storms throughout the Southeast, I've been thinking of you. The wind and rain have caused such serious flooding and resulting damage. I don't need to know exactly where you are located, but could you let us know that you are ok? Prayers for all in the path of Helene. Kris in WI.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

This and That Sunday