Blog Archive

Monday, September 30, 2024

Apples , Apples , and More Apples- Fall Hutch Tour

Good morning, Sweet Peas and Happy Happy Monday!   Gosh, here I go again  filling my hutch brim to brim with good ole country clutter.

Do you think you are up to a country clutter tour today? I promise, I have some sweet treats in the kitchen to entice you to join me ? ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‚Aaah come on!  I know it is not for everyone, but I am maximalist and love what most people call "junk". 

Let's see ! We have Banana Nut Bread for our  munching pleasures. Now that sounds yummy doesn't it?  Please now don't be shy. Grab you a plate and a mug of coffee . Or would you prefer a cold glass of sweet tea?  

Last year I decorated my hutch in the apple theme after seeing a glorious stepback cabinet in an antique store decorated in all things red and apple related .  That image is burned into my memory. 

If you missed last year's hutch tour click here.

2023's An Apple a Day Hutch display

So again I decided to pull out all of the stops and enjoy my apple pieces.  A lot of these things you have seen before. I just rearrange them . Some things in fact stay on the hutch year round. 


In the corner is my Nanny's vintage red coffee canister. It looks pretty crusty, but it was well loved and used. Nanny kept some of her recipes in it .  I found a small canister last year for a dollar to pair with Nanny's . 


My newest thrifty find is the 1950 Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book . It is falling apart, but I think it is nifty and well loved.  I found it on the World's Longest Yard Sale last month. 



Earlier this year I found my first piece of Watt's pottery for $6. 00 in Louisiana. I was jumping for joy and though it is not an apple piece, I had to include it on my hutch. 


The 2nd shelf is just as full as the top. Oh, before we go on, please ignore any dust bunnies that may be peeking out. ๐Ÿ‘ฏI have dusted ,but they seem to always reappear. 


A vintage bowl , a precious tin and strawberry jam- just treasures that make me smile. 


The vintage red glasses were another  thrifty find from the World's Longest Yard Sale this year.  I believe I found those in Georgia. 


Apples, Apples and more apples are crammed on the bottom shelf. 


Have you seen the Dolly Parton decor at the Dollar General? I had to have her cookie jar.  Sshh don't tell anyone I have a cookie jar obsession. Hee! Hee!   ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿช๐Ÿ˜‚


My sweet friends have made my apple hutch possible too.  Like sweet Stacy who gifted me the vintage apple ornaments that are scattered throughout. ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ


And  dear Shelly who gifted me the "apple cider " rolling pin. ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
 

As well as  dear Karen, who gifted me the precious Apple Pie dish .๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ  ( Oh yes , pie dishes are another obsession, but we won't talk about that right now. Hee! Hee! )๐Ÿ˜…
๐Ÿ˜ฒ Hey, did I hear someone whisper , "What is she not obsessed with? "  Hee! Hee! Well you are right. LOL. I am a collector/ hoarder at heart. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜❤๐Ÿคช


The bottom shelf has a hodge podge of apple items and recent finds like the tins, pitcher and wooden rolling pin.  Little salt and pepper shakers which were gifts from my sis are scattered throughout.  Amy loved thrifting as well. And would often come rolling into my driveway to show me her recent finds. Such sweet memories. 


I did include one stitch which is STAMP 1 - A BASKET OF APPLES


Well,Sweeties, that is my Apple shelf in a pie shell!    That was a lot to take in wasn't it? ๐Ÿง   Is your head spinning and your eyes crossed?๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ’ซ LOL  What do you think? Should I rock the apple cart and try to squeeze one more apple piece on it?  I am sure I can find an inch somewhere. Lol. 


Pumpkins will be rolling in to replace the apples next.   I do look forward to changing things out again. 
 

I really appreciate you joining me today. I can not tell you how much you mean to me.  In fact, you are the apple to my pie! 
Have a beautiful day and  ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

You can count the seeds in an apple, but  can not the apples in a seed.  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who enjoyed climbing apples trees and was the apple of our family's eye . Love and miss you, Amo. 



My newest house start is Winter at Pine Berry Lane. I am stitching a quilt of snow right now. 






3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes you add something else to your hutch! Where there's a will there's a way. My sweet grandmother had a huge apple shaped cookie jar. I wasn't used because she knew one of us would break it. LOL All the red is pure perfection. I thoroughly enjoyed today's tour. I thank you kindly ma'am. Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops I failed to mention that I made 32 two inch 4 patches for two little quilts. One is almost finished, and the second won't take long. woohoo!!! Sadly, I was having so much fun that I failed to eat anything. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. LOL DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, an apple a day keeps the doc away! Your shelf looks amazing. I enjoy every day your pics and news. You are a true collector and you always find nice things.
    Hugs, Gabi

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Apples , Apples , and More Apples- Fall Hutch Tour