Monday, January 1, 2024

Hello There New Year!

 Happy Happy New Year , Sweetie Pies. Welcome.

 Have you written down any New Year's resolutions to kick start the year?  I resolve to find happiness and peace throughout the year, and hopefully spread a bit of cheer myself. 😀

 

Have you ate your hog jowl yet? Now I love hog jowl, but this is absolutely Mr. Pinker's favorite meal of the whole year along with cornbread, black-eyed peas and turnip greens. He anticipates it each year. I always encourage him to eat plenty for we need all of the good luck and good fortune that we can handle. LOL. 😀

A Little Doodle just for you.

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 

I haven't stitched this one yet. But look forward to doing so this week.  

I plan for the unfinished block size to be 8 1/2" x 8 1/2". There will be 12 blocks by the end of the year- A Year of Hearts

UPDATE: March 1, 2024- I finished stitching A Winter's Night. I used 2 strands of DMC floss using the back stitch. I colored tinted my snowman with crayons and colored pencils and carefully heat set the color with an iron.

  I always use a couple layers of paper towels  layered over my stitch as I heat set the color.

  

Ten little butterfly wings have been appliqued . I will be working on the bodies as Mr. Pinker and I truck on down the road.


 I am taking a bag of scrap fabrics in the camper  , plus a cutting mat - well you know just a few basic supplies to tide me over as I am out and about.  Hopefully on my return, I will be ready to piece these butterflies into a new quilt. 

This is just a short and sweet post to wish you the most beautiful and blessed New Year!  I think we can rock this year don't you? 

As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Here is to new adventures!!!

Hugs and Stitches !!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy.  I love and miss  you, Amo


OOPS-  I was working on some prescheduled post last night when some of them accidently were posted ahead of schedule. I reverted them back to a draft, and they will be posted this month. Sorry for any confusion. Those freebies are on the way though. 

27 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you. Hope you started well. Wait for cute designs in 2024 again.
    Greetingsd, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tous mes voeux pour cette année 2024 , la santé primordiale , la créativité et plein de jolis projets ( quilt, point de croix , broderie traditionnelle ) toutes ces choses qui embellisse notre vie et que nous partageons .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a very happy, healthy and creative 2024 !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy New Year with lots of health and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, my friend! May you and your family be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!! May this year be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely new year trip! The butterflies are going to be a wonderful quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was telling Hubs yesterday about my plans for New Year's day dinner, and he surprised me by saying he would be happy with a ham sandwich - lol! So I guess instead of chips with my sandwich I'll be eating my black eyed peas - Hubs won't touch them with a 10 foot pole ;)
    That is such a cute little "doodle"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, wish I could have had New Year's at your house!! That hog jowl looks great! Haven't had any in so long, but we keep bacon in business! LOL Happy New Year, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you and your family. Enjoy your camping trip, I am a little jealous but so happy for you!!! Had a most glorious sunrise this morning , what a great start to a beautiful new year. Hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! You hook me every time with your sweet doodles! I love the idea of a quilt full of hearts. I'd better stock up on embroidery supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year. . .love your latest doodle! I'll be thinking about a design for a quilt project while I work on other projects this month. . .Sometimes, I can hold my squirrel to the thinking stage and sometimes I can't hold her! Honestly, it feels good to hear her again! Looking forward to seeing your butterflies all stitched in place!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you've gotten off to a good start in 2024! Happy stitching, creating and traveling this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got my black-eyed peas going in the crock pot this morning but now cornbread for me, thank you very much. Glad Mr. Pinker can enjoy that New Year's meal. Many happy days ahead is wished to you, Sweet Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you very much, Melisa, for this precious heart.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here I was worried I would not have a heart project to work on this year--other than figuring out '3' sets of hearts blocks I did this past year and design finishes for them--so thanks for the hearts--and you really have me a stitchin now--with gingerbread blocks, snowmen blocks and now heart blocks--how do you expect me to get into trouble--there's no time left for that!!!!!!!
    And I will be having black eyed peas, spinach, cornbread, potatoes and chicken for dinner tonight--then I get to open Christmas presents with my son and daughter in law--oh boy!!!
    Happy New Year--hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  18. Having lived in southrrn PA for the first 54 years we always have roast pork, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes for dinner. Love that meal! Thank you for all of the stitching patterns you share. I just love them. Now I just need more time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year! I’m still stitching my blue snowmen ⛄️ from last year! I’m looking forward to stitching the new ones from recently and starting the ❤️⛄️❤️⛄️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Melisa, I hope you are having a wonderful new years weekend. I am always so inspired by your creations. Thanks for sharing them with us. With love, Lisa Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you and yours have a wonderful new year

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't had hog jowl in years! We took our cue from another prosperity food - lentil soup. They are little and round and supposed to represent coins. There are so many different things we can eat to promote a good year. I think we both have it covered now. I like the new start to another butterfly quilt with the red background. Your new Doodle of the Heart for a year is going to be so sweet! Great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I forgot to say safe travels. Enjoy your time away and soak up as much warmth and sunshine as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bonne année 2024, bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bonne année 2024 à vous et votre famille .
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year Melissa,

    I wish you all the best for the new year.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday