Friday, April 1, 2022

Friday Ramblings

Good morning, ya'll and Happy Happy April!

          

 Whoaaa there 2022! Slow down ! That is what I say. How about you?  


 Now remember today is April Fools'- so watch out for any pranksters.  

                

Last week, Mr. Pinker and I went a couple of counties over to get a part for our truck . On the way back, we decided to visit the Mennonite community.  


The houses  and farms are always so lovely. 


Of course ,one of my first stops was the quilt shop located in a small building in front of  one of the homes. 


Boy, did I make a haul. 

Here are some of my fabrics.  I also got 3 large bags of scraps , some quilting templates and needles. 


We then went to the general store which is located in one of the first Mennonite homes located on the mountain. 

At the greenhouse, we picked up a few plants. You may have seen them in my greenhouse yesterday waiting to be planted.   I hope to visit the community again soon.

My plans today are to work on this quilt. I am going to doing a bit of applique'. 

I hope to finish  this simple quilt too. I will use one of my new quilting template.


Well, that's it! That's my Friday Ramblings. Thank you so much for popping in for a visit.  So what do you have planned for the day? 
Have a beautiful day and as always...
Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll, 
Melisa 
It's Friday !!! Time to make stories for Monday! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you , Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

26 comments:

  1. Enjoy your quilting. A pretty quilt; I like the homeliness of red and white quilts. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Marly. Red is one of my favorite colors especially in quilts. Have a very lovely weekend and thank you again for the sweet visit .

      Delete
  2. Nice haul - I love it when I go into a quit store and end up with fabric that really peaks my interest.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. It has been awhile since I have been to a quilt shop and this one was so quaint and lovely. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Two pretty quilts Melissa!
    Wow, what a gorgeous haul! You’ll be able to do so much with that!
    Have a great day!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Barbara. I am excited about my haul. I hope to go back and get a bit more of the red for a couple of quilts. Have a wonderful weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  4. It sounded like you had a wonderful outing, Melisa. Lovely fabrics you picked up! On today's list -- take down the March decor and start putting out the April things. Happy new month and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you are going to have a very busy weekend. How fun to be pulling out the Easter/ April decor .Can not wait to see your tree. Thank you , Robin for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Hey, Melisa,
    I'm in North Alabama, what is the address of the Mennonite General Store? I've been looking for one and only located one in TN.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Michelle. The Mennonite community that I went to is around Spencer, TN on Old Tennessee 111 Highway. There are 2 general stores. I'm not for sure on the address because hubby drives but they are fairly easy to find. One of our favorite veggie stands opens mid April . They usually have a map.

      Delete
  6. Hi Melisa, we have several Mennonite communities around here too and I stop at a couple of their fresh food stands in season. What a great haul you got! Wonderful and lovely pieces to quilt too. Also love your bunny cross stitching pieces there. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Jocelyn. I enjoy visiting the Mennonite community. I particular like the fresh produce stands. They were not open this visit , but we did have a nice visit to the other farms. I hope you have a lovely weekend and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  7. Oh I LOVE your ramblings. What a cool community!! and a great haul!!
    I am with you... time can slow a bit haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Alycia for the sweet visit and kind words. Lol this year is flying by isn't it? Happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. Lovely report of your visit, Melisa!!! We have such a community about an hour away. Their fabric prices are irresistible! And many other great items for sale. Your purchases are so pretty! Go to my blog today and link up with TGIFF, too--my first time hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Nancy. I had a wonderful visit . How exciting on your link party. I hope you do it again. I missed this one. I will be watching. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  9. How wonderful to visit the Mennonite community and visit the quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very lovely visit, Jenny. I love looking at the farms and we always come home with something. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  10. Melisa, you had a wonderful trip to the Mennnonite Village, they always seem to have great buys and wonderful produce and the quilts are the best. Great fabric purchase, I can see many new little numbers coming from you very soon. Hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very lovely visit. This is a fairly new community being a few years old . It is always a joy to visit them especially the quilt shop. I can not wait to cut into my fabrics. Lol. Hugs and blessings. Have a great weekend, Mary.

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful area you live in Melisa. We live near a Mennonite community in Massey, Alabama. I love to go to their grocery store as I can see all the pretty farms. I have been making some fabric strawberries for my dough bowl. I was going to order one on ETSY for about five dollars when I checked for a you tube tutorial and found that they are easy peasy to make. Now I have basket full of fabrics cut and ready to make into strawberries for friends and family if they would like some. They would make a nice summer display as well. I am like you, I cannot believe it is April already. Time is flying by!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Arlene. You are making me want to pull out some fabrics to make some berries of my own. I usually stuff mine with a mixture of sawdust and polyfil. Hubby just brought me a bag of sawdust a few weeks ago. It will be strawberry season for our area by the end of the month. Have a great weekend. Happy strawberry making. Lol.

      Delete
  12. Always enjoy seeing all your projects and how you finish them, plus your every changing decor. Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. You brought a smile to my evening. I have enjoyed every minute of pulling out my spring decor. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  13. Love seeing your projects and your decor! How pretty for spring and Easter. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty fabric, how much did you bring home? Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down,

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday