Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Stars , Stripes and Chickens - Oh my ! A Patriotic Freebie

Woo Hoo!  They are back! Oh, how I am so excited to share with you my newest stitch of Annie and the gang. So put on your apron and grab a bag of chicken feed and let's go out to the hen house and  check this stitch out!

  Now if you are new to my blog,  you may not be familiar with Annie, but she is a sweet gal who is raising 3 wild and woolly hens, and they are as busy as a moth in a mitten.  Annie is always working whether  tending to bees or  gathering pumpkins , blooms, or eggs . Sometimes she even has to tote her 3 gals , Edna, Dorothy Mae and Alma, around. Now of the 3 hens- Edna is the fiesty one and can be quite the character . Dorothy Mae is a bit more series. Alma is as sweet as a apple pie.  

What is the crew up to in this stitch? Celebrating the red, white and blue. Annie is marching with a flag while the gals are running a muck with stars and flags all around.   

This is a small  measuring 54 x 51 which on 14 count aida would be around 3 7/8" x 3 5/8" .  I finished mine on foam board  and placed it on the little wooden box that I bought at the Goodwill last year. 

          

Each season. I just change the stitch out.  Easy Peasy.  

                      

If you are interested in adding Annie to your stitching , please check out the pdfs below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs.

Click here for the instruction page. 


Click here for the colored chart. 


Click here for the black and white chart. 


If you missed the other charts, I sure hope you click on the links below and check them out. 



I am so grateful that you visited me today. This is one of my favorite little series of stitching that I am working on, and  I am so thrilled to share it with you.  I hope your day is filled with many blessings and   as always ...
Happy stitching, ya'll
Melisa

It is always an honor and a delight to see your stitches. You can always tag me on Instagram and please use #pinkernpunkinquilting. You can also Direct Message or email me. 


Hand on your heart for the stripes and stars. 
Hugs and Stitches 


9 comments:

  1. Annie Is a busy girl. So are you!!! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...you are so generous with your time and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melisa, I was hoping Annie would be making a patriotic appearance. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Annie is do cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un nouveau modèle tout à fait charmant. Annie est toute mignonne et les poules aussi.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog via Lisa Needlework on Flosstube, and I am glad that I did. I love the story of Annie and her three chickens, so adorable. I am going to have to go back and read more of your fun stories. Thank you for sharing your patterns too; I hope to stitch the patriotic Annie and her chicks!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog via Lisa Needlework on Flosstube, and I am glad that I did. I love the story of Annie and her three chickens, so adorable. I am going to have to go back and read more of your fun stories. Thank you for sharing your patterns too; I hope to stitch the patriotic Annie and her chicks!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your Annie charts are just adorable, Melisa, and this one is no exception. I got a chuckle out of reading your expression "as busy as a moth in a mitten!" I've never heard that, but love it--will definitely have to remember that one :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness, that Annie is one busy girl!! I love the chickens and will definitely be stitching a few of these! Thank you for your wonderful designs. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour