Monday, August 31, 2020

Corn Stalks, Pumpkins, and Chickens - Oh My! - A Fall Cross Stitch Freebie

 Hey, ya'll .  I am so glad you have come to visit. Come on in and check out my newest Fall Freebie called "Corn Stalks, Pumpkins and Chickens". 

Before I begin ,let me say that I have been having trouble with my Instagram and have been blocked so I can not comment to posts or comments, but I can Direct Message . IG has also disabled my link to my blog so you have to directly type in the blog to get here.  Hopefully IG problems will be resolved soon. 


Now I know some of you may recognize some of the characters from "Bees, Blooms and Chickens "which was a freebie in July . Click
here  to go to this post. It is not a pdf but can be clicked, saved, and printed from your device. 


                                               

Annie is at it again. This time she is not busy with her bees, but she and her 3 black hens, Alma, Dorothy Mae, and Edna are out in the garden. Annie is harvesting pumpkins while the 3 gals are busy pecking around for fallen corn kernels. Aren't they the sweetest?  Of course Alma is right on Annie's apron strings. There is always one chicken that will follow where ever you go. Lol. 



This is a small stitch measuring at 52 W x 50 H. I stitched mine on 14 count tea/coffee dyed aida which gave it a measurement of 3 3/4' x 3 5/8". It is the perfect size to fit on my little wooden box that I had got at the Goodwill months ago.

This box was a great find and was already painted. I had originally planned on completing "Bees, Blooms and Chickens " into a pillow but when I saw this box in my stash , I knew it would be perfect.


  Because I wanted to keep  the box out  once Summer decor was taken down , I did not permanently attach the stitch .  I figured I  would stitch something else to go on this box .  As soon as I began to think of fall decor "Corn Stalks, Pumpkins and Chickens" popped into my imagination.   Hmmm  will there be a 3rd in the series?  I am thinking yes. Lol. 

I finished my stitch on foam board which I added 2 layers of scrap quilt batting.  I then added a little ripped homespun ruffle . The stitched piece was then glued to a fabric covered piece of foam board. Finally I just tacked it to the wooden box and lickety split I had a finish. Lol wouldn't be nice if it was finished that fast. 



This makes a great addition to my fall decor and if you are interested you can stitch Annie and her hens too by just clicking on the pdfs below. Now remember, I am not tech savvy so the pages are still in separate pdfs. I am learning everyday but haven't figured how to combine them yet. Lol. 

For the instruction page , click here .

For the colored design pdf, click here



For the black and white design pdf , click here




And if you did not get the first in this series , "Bees , Bloom, and Chickens,  remember there is a link at the beginning of the post. 

I have posted some other fall freebies this year that you may be interested. The first one was called Rosie's Pumpkins. Rosie is a carefree hen pulling an overloaded cart of pumpkins. To get this freebie  click here.



The 2nd fall freebie was called Crow Creek Saltbox  which is a yellow saltbox surrounded by Crows. It was inspired by a small farm, I used to visit in the Autumn. To get this freebie, click here



I also posted some fall doodles to make whatever you would like. These go along with the Crow Creek Saltbox. To get this freebie, click here 



I want to thank all of you for coming to visit. It sure has been a blessing to be able to share my love for this craft during this difficult time that we all are experiencing.  I would love to hear from you or for you to share your stitches with me. If you stitch one of my pieces, please tag me on Instagram and use the # pinkernpunkinquilting. Using the hashtag ensures that I will see your stitch - I do not see everything if you just use my name ; I think it is because of the device I work of.  Also if you have any troubles getting to my blog or have questions please direct message me on IG and I will try to help . 

Have a lovely week and as always...

Happy Stitching, 

Meilsa




8 comments:

  1. Another cute design, Melisa! Do you ever sleep--ha ha?! I'm sorry that IG has blocked you... They won't let me link my blog either and haven't for some time--it is SO frustrating. No matter how many times I've contacted them, it doesn't change. It does make it difficult for people to get to blogs. Anyway, I hope you have better luck getting your issues resolved than I have. Take care now and enjoy your September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah Thank you so much, Carol. I wish I did not have to do that sleep thing. Lol. I do not understand IG at all. It is interesting that you have had the same difficulty with IG though. Happy September as well. Let's hope for a lot of stitching for us both. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the super cute pattern! I love pumpkins and chickens. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Lesley for visiting me and for leaving a lovely comment. I hope you enjoy this little chart. I really enjoyed stitching it. I have always collected chickens, but I have added a lot this year to my decor. Usually I post on Instagram daily but have been having IG problems lately,but I hope you check back to my blog. I will be posting more charts in the future. I love to share. Have a lovely weekend. Melisa

      Delete
  3. Aaah Thank you so much, Carol. I wish I did not have to do that sleep thing. Lol. I do not understand IG at all. It is interesting that you have had the same difficulty with IG though. Happy September as well. Let's hope for a lot of stitching for us both. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet display and an adorable piece of stitchery!! I planned on decorating my Kitchen for Fall but we are having a new refrigerator delivered on Sunday so I put it off until next week.....
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for letting me know that you did by leaving a comment!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fall take on your chicken lady, Melisa! Darling stitch and finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you Robin. She reminds me of my great grandmother who tended to chickens. It was fun to revamp her for fall. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.