Thursday, January 18, 2024

Mr. Snow SAL Block 12 SAL Ice Skating

Happy Thursday, Sweeties. 

 Eeeh! We have made it! The final block in the Mr. Snow SAL! 😀❤

This winter our small rural town set up a ice skating rink on the town square. The grandchildren loved going skating and took to it like fish to water. So I just had to create a doodle in celebration of the kiddos ice skating. 

 I have to admit that I think "Ice Skating" is my favorite block out of them all. What do you think? Do you have a favorite?

 

Cute Snowman Image Retro

When Mr. Pinker and I return from our trip, I will be framing the 12  embroidered blocks and begin working on the quilt.  Do you have any suggestions? 

I thought about a churn dash. Do I dare though?  I bet some of you are thinking how many churn dash quilts does this gal need. Hmm I don't know , but I sure do like using that block. But I am open to any other suggestions.  

So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs,    Block 2 Winter FriendsSnow Mitten , Block 4 Waiting for Snow   ,  Block 5 A Jolly Fellow  , Block 6 Snow Quilter  , Block 7 Snow Cream,  Block 8 Decorating the Tree ,  Block 9 SleighingBlock 10 Snow For Sale,  Block 11 With A Corncob Pipe 

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 


I want to thank you all for following along with me on this quilting adventure thus far. I have enjoyed sharing these little doodles so much, and of course, you have always kept me motivated.  

Now tell me. Have you ever went ice skating?


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
If you fall down, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. 
Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope SoA Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 











19 comments:

  1. He is adorable, Melisa! Perfect end to a delightful SAL. Thank you so much or sharing once again. Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun block. You ended up with a very cute set of blocks. What might be fun would be a block in a block setting with alternating white and red frames on each block. Not sure if that would make it big enough or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Melisa!! Sew cute!! I hope you are having fun. I think a red and white check or gingham would make a great frame for these! Maybe even a black and red??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never went ice skating, I think it looks hard! I love seeing all your blocks together, so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished the stitching on block #11 yesterday afternoon--so all ready to get this one traced and colored--I don't see where you ever showed us how you are stitching this years monthly heart blocks--mine is traced--waiting for time and deciding how I want to stitch them this year??
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  6. This last block is just adorable!! I've never had the ankle strength to ice skate and after more time on my backside than upright on the skates, I decided I would settle with watching those who could move around the ice gracefully. I have always enjoyed watching it. Favorite? Hmmm...You are always asking the hard questions! LOL Using an alternate block with the 12 embr. blocks would increase the size of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! Somehow I came up anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute - Hard to choose what to do and what to save...maybe all? LOL! Had snow at my dd's this week so maybe I will save them! Thank you! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable ce bloc , les autres blocs également ,bravo Melisa .
    Merci pour le partage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ganz toll der Schneemann mit den Schlittschuhen. Bei uns sind die Winter nicht mehr so kalt, dass man auf dem See fahren kann. Eigentlich sehr schade.
    Hab eine gute Zeit und vielen dank für die Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute block Melisa! I think Churn Dash is perfect to frame your blocks - you can never have enough Churn Dashes! Hope you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For today, this is my favorite block; but, tomorrow. . . who knows? All the blocks are super cute! I like checkerboards and strings as sashing; but, churn dashes are wonderful at any time!--TerryK@onGongProjects

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your latest block is just precious, Melisa! I think that may be my favorite, too! I only tried ice skating once years ago when I was in high school. Let's just say, I never tried again--ha ha :) Wobbly ankles! Hope you have a wonderful, stitch-filled weekend ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melisa, I just copies your sewing Themed Valentine embroidery. I plan to make a few for those of my friends who like sewing. Thanks again for sharing your talent with us. Hope yall are not frozen in like we are here in North Alabama. I got a lot of stitching done but I am ready for a break from staying home.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melisa, I am in love with all of your doodles for Mr Snow. I am especially fond of Snow Quilter and I have Ice Skated and loved the feel of the gliding on ice with the sun shining. Hoping your trip is enjoyment in every way. Warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the snowmen stitchery. I am working on number 11. I can't wait to see how you put them together. I have made one of your other snowmen quilts even though it's not quilted yet. One day maybe when I retire. I love embroidery and have enjoyed stitching it. Hope you are having a great time camping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww they are just all so sweet! I really NEED to make all of them as well.... haha! I used to love going ice skating... ! xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bugs, Blooms, Boo Boos and a Doodle Freebie