Thursday, January 11, 2024

Mr. Snow SAL Block 11 With a Corncob Pipe

"With a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal..." - Frosty the Snowman

Good morning, Sweet Snow Friends and a very lovely Winter Thursday to you. Today's Mr. Snow block features the jolly old fella wearing a flat brimmed hat which is covered with snow and a spiffy snowflake scarf.  It is called "With  a Corncob Pipe" . 

Mr. Snow is busy smoking his pipe on this cold winter day. Doesn't he know that he could melt?  He is living dangerously that is for sure. 

 I colored Mr. Snow's hat and his scarf using the white and red crayons. I also gave him a little rosy cheek using the red crayon. 

 So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs,    Block 2 Winter FriendsSnow Mitten , Block 4 Waiting for Snow   ,  Block 5 A Jolly Fellow  , Block 6 Snow Quilter  , Block 7 Snow Cream,  Block 8 Decorating the Tree ,  Block 9 SleighingBlock 10 Snow For Sale

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 

One more block to go and then I will be ready to piece these blocks into a quilt.  I can not wait for you to see the final block. I just love it!  

Well , Sweeties, I am off to plan an adventure. Yes, Mr. Pinker and I are still camping.   Thank you for dropping by and taking time to see Mr. Snow . Have a beautiful day and ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
There is a certain magic that comes from the very first snow. -Frosty the Snowman

Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope SoA Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 








9 comments:

  1. Another very cute block, Melisa!:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun blocks! Those are going to make a very fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very cute block, Dear friend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's just so darling, Melisa! Can't wait to see the last block and see your final quilt ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Snowman and a pipe smacks a bit of Ol' Bing Crosby to me with White Christmas and all. He's a pretty dapper looking fella! Thank you, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pattern/design sure look "expert" to me! I like the corncob pipe as it is the perfect accent!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bugs, Blooms, Boo Boos and a Doodle Freebie