Tuesday, January 23, 2024

"Snow Tart" A Winter Freebie

Hello there ,  Winter Sunshine!!!  Mr. Pinker and I are out and about enjoying the beauty of nature and having loads of fun on our camping adventure , but before we left home,  I had the chance to finish a small winter stitch  called "Snow Tart" .

  "Snow Tart " is a simple and quick stitch and can be whipped up in two shakes of a lamb's tail. In fact, I stitched this  in a little over 1 1/2 hours- that's not too bad , is it?  

DMC 221 is the floss color that I used, but wouldn't it look so lovely in blue?

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

Remember all of my designs are for personal use only. Please do not sell my designs, rename or rechart my designs for profit. Yes that has happened. 😔

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄





I finished mine into a little tart tin.  I am no expert and in fact, I am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal, but here is how I finished my stitch into a tart.

RECIPE FOR TART FINISH

INGREDIENTS

tart tin

scissors

thread

needle

cross stitch

cardboard or mat board

glue

batting

backing fabric


DIRECTIONS:

🧵1. After stitching the design. I found that it would fit in a 3 1/2" tart tin. I used a template to  draw out 4 circles on a piece of cardboard . I used cardboard because I am thrifty and  that is what I had on hand. 😀

🧵2. I glued 3 of the cardboard circles together using Aleene's Tacky Glue and set them aside to dry.  

🧵3. I took the 4th circle , used it as a template and cut out backing fabric larger than my circle. 

🧵4. Using needle and thread, I created a running stitch about 1/4" from the edge of the fabric and then gathered it around the  4th cardboard circle and secured it.

 

🧵5. Once the other circles were dry, I cut 5 layers of batting into slightly smaller circles and layered them on top of the cardboard circle.  

🧵6. I then  followed the same process as I did in creating the backing circle by gathering the stitched piece to the batting covered cardboard circle.  I then laced my cross stitch .  

🧵7. I took the "Backing Circle" and the "Stitched Circle" placed them together and using needle and thread whip stitched the circles together. 

🧵8. I just sat my finished cross stitch on top of the tart tin. It did not fit snug down in the bottom of the tart. Mine is more like a lid where I can store trinkets in the tart.  I will use the tart tin for other finishes after winter. 

I am hoping to create some more tart finishes this year, and my mind is already in the clouds dreaming of the next one.  

Well, Sweeties, that's my stitch for the day. What do you think? Do you think it looks ok? I am pleased for my 1st "tart finish". 

Before you leave, I want to thank you for dropping by for a sweet visit. It always brightens my day when you come by. Have a beautiful day and ...

 As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
The first snow is like the first love. - Lara Biyuts
Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤





















12 comments:

  1. Howdy, Melisa - I'm happy to see you but especially happy to know you and hubby are having fun, fun, and more fun. Love the "tart" - a must stitch very soon! Thank you. Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter camping? How brave you are! :-) I've been looking at tart tin patterns for Christmas ornament gifts this year - I think I'll start with yours! Have fun camping! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melisa that Snow Tart is adorable, especially with the letter "O"! The finish for the tart pan is perfect. Hope you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you this morning Melisa. I love your Snow Tart. I have found the lids from bath and body works 3 wick candles fit my circle pieces just fine if I don’t have any tart pans. Going to start this later today after I finish the border around Prim Winter Blessing Home. It’s so stinkin adorable. You have a great day my friend. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, Melisa! I've seen some cute ornaments made with tart tins and cross stitching! I hope you are having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stinking cute and so creative! I love the idea of being able to store little things under the stitched piece. My granddaughter would like that hidden spot. Thank you as always for your patterns and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Melisa! I love round designs. They make great tarts or ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy camping! I’ve finished the January ❤️⛄️ I’m excited for the February one! Still stitching on the Winter Friends! It’s Linda Bick …😂 I can’t get my name to show so I'm anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet stitch! Glad to hear you are continuing to have a good time camping! Hope the weather has been cooperating for you & the Mr. Is he getting plenty of fishing in? I love pan fried trout over a campfire. It's been a lot of years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. Love the tart pan finish, very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simple beauty of this one, Melisa! And the tart pan finish is perfect! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Snow Tart! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bugs, Blooms, Boo Boos and a Doodle Freebie