Friday, January 12, 2024

Gingerbread with Marshmallows-A Gingerbread Doodle

Good morning, Sweetie Pies! Would you like a cookie? I sure wish I was home for I would bake  up a large batch of them just for you.🍪❤ 🤗  But I do have a gingerbread doodle for you. 

Eeeh! I am so excited to show you this little doodle! It is called a "Gingerbread with Marshmallows" . I was inspired by my wee collection of gingerbread mugs when I created this one. 

One of my gingerbread mugs. 

I have not stitched it yet, but I will be working on embroidering this cup of gingerbread cocoa  as I am on vacation. 

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 

The unfinished block size is 8 1/2" x 10 1/2". I have not decided how I will fully finish them, but once all of the blocks are embroidered I will probably frame them in 2" squares. We will see though. 

I have been using the following DMC floss colors- 898, 498, 351,356,  3371, 895,  and 413 in some of the gingerbread blocks.  I will continue to use some of the same colors in this block as well. 

GINGERBREAD HOT COCOA RECIPE

SERVINGS 3

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 Cup  of packed of brown sugar

1/4 cup baking cocoa

1 Tablespoon molasses

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger 

1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

dash of salt

3 cups of milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

whipped cream

DIRECTIONS:

 In a small saucepan combine the 1st 7 ingredients; gradually add the milk. Cook and stir over medium heat. When heated , remove from the stove. Stir in vanilla. Pour in your favorite mug .  Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.  Enjoy!

 

Alrighty , Sweeties. I will let you go. Thank you so much for dropping by to visit me and have a super sweet day. 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
Life is short. Make it sweet!
Warm Wishes and gingerbread kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy who loved to bake . I love you, Amo.  ❤

Gingerbread Saltbox

12 comments:

  1. Oh Melisa a Gingerbread doodle!!!!!! Be still my heart. My Gingerbread Saltbox has been finished for a few weeks. Need to post a picture soon. DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gingerbread cocoa recipe looks delicious. Wish my Mom was around - I'd make some and we would sit and sip and visit. She used to make cocoa on the stove with cocoa, milk, sugar, and a dash of salt - so good. That little gingerbread man embroidery is adorable. Hope you are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fun doodle! Gingerbread hot chocolate sounds yummy. It's going to be really cold this weekend, I should tell my guy to get the gallon milk so we can have hot cocoa to keep us warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! The Gingerbread Cocoa recipe sounds delicious! Such warm flavors -- who could resisit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gingerbread mug is adorable and so is the gingerbread cocoa design! I'm still working on the very first one in this series, but have the next one printed and waiting for its turn. I'll do the same with this one! Hope you're having a fun vacation and keeping out of the January bad weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gingerbread doodle is stinkin adorable. That cocoa sounds yummy and it will be good as our weather is going to get nasty in a couple days. It’s bitter cold now. I’m ready for the beach. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a wonderfully positive and creative soul. Thank you for always having such wonderful ideas and such cute ones, too. Enjoy your vacation. We have LOTS of snow to enjoy cookies and hot cocoa or maybe even a gingery one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute!! Have a fun vacation, Melisa-and stay warm!!! That gingerbread cocoa sounds awesome and should help keep you warm and cozy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable doodle and a recipe that sounds VERY interesting! I've never had Gingerbread Cocoa. Definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melisa, such cute designs and delicious sounding cocoa as well. Wondering if you did seed packet cross stitch designs at some point. I'm mentioning them in my next post and will give a link if you have them. I looked through your labels but couldn't find any. Folks adore your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, sweet and lovely embrodery, Melisa!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bugs, Blooms, Boo Boos and a Doodle Freebie