Blog Archive

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Jacks, Cats and Chickens, Oh My! A Halloween Freebie

Good afternoon, ya'll Guess who is back !!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!  It is Annie and the gals- her trusty hens, Edna, Dorothy and Alma. 


Where has this crew been? It has certainly been awhile since we have seen them in a stitch.  


If you do not know them, Annie is a hard working gal that has appeared in several of my stitches with her hens. 

She has tended to bees, a pumpkin patch as well as a corn patch, gathered roses, sledded and even  led a patriotic parade. Well, she still has more adventures to be had. And today she and the gals are enjoying some large Jack-o- lanterns as the black cats, Jimmie and Johnny, roam around. 


Little Alma is sitting on a pumpkin as Annie is tending to the cauldron. Hmmm What is she brewing? Perhaps fabric. 😀

 Normally Annie throws out a bit of corn for the gals to eat, but this time she has scattered candy corn and some purple corn kernels.   They are all ready for some "Chick or Treats" . 🐔🎃   

 I finished this piece just as I have all of the other stitches on a piece of foam board wrapped in batting. I added a ruffle and then mounted it to another fabric wrapped foam board. 


It is tacked onto an old wooden box that I purchased at the Goodwill. I just change out my  Annie and the gang stitches by the season. 

If you are interested in stitching Annie, please check out the images below, but first read my little note about my charts as of what has happened here recently. 

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Until I can figure out how to upload with the links , I am only able to put the images on the blog . Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save .  I am doing my best to get back to my normal method of sharing . Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.






If you missed any of the others and would like to visit their posts, just click on the names below. You will also find the charts there as well. 

  Bees, Blooms and Chickens ,Cornstalks , Pumpkins and Chickens , Snowflakes, Sledding and Chickens  ,  Roses, Hearts and Chickens ,  Bunnies, Baskets and Chickens , and  Stars, Stripes and Chickens 



Do you have any suggestions of adventures that Annie and the gals need to go on? I know they will eventually appear in a Thanksgiving and Christmas stitch. I just need to get my juices flowing on those stitches. 

I so appreciate that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you will come back real soon . Have a wonderful day and  ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Every day is Halloween isn't it? - For some of us. -Tim Burton

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤


Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo.  You loved your chickens, cats and all things Halloween. 

 

13 comments:

  1. Annie and the girls look great decked out for Halloween, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I love working on this series. Annie looks quite cute in a witches hat if I do say so. Lol. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I love your Annie in this Halloween version (well after seeing the pictures I love all the season's versions), so I see that I will have to work faster on your Ophelia Manor that I just started! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Diana. Annie and her hens are so much fun for me to work on . I have been dreaming of other adventures for the gals. I hope that you are enjoying Ophelia's Manor. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. Question - in your header photo, there's 2 stitched projects. On the left one says "There's something" and to the right "Hiss and Clack" (I think?). Do you remember what the patterns are? No worries if not!

    And thank you for yet another nice Halloween pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah thank you so much, Gail. The "Hiss and Clack" stitch is "Buttons Black" by Plum Street Sampler and for some reason I am thinking the other stitch is from Just Cross Stitch Magazine , but I am not for sure. I stitched it a couple of years ago and can not find where I wrote it down. If I find the name, I will certainly let you know. Have a great week and happy stitching.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the information, it's been added to my wish list. And I'll have to pull out all those old Halloween issues and give them a look over once again.

      Delete
  4. Annie is a busy, busy girl. Love this one, thank you for thinking of us and enabling us to stitch almost every day! Have a great weekend, sending warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome, dear Mary and thank you so much. You are the sweetest. Oh yes, Annie is a busy bee. I am already dreaming of her next adventure. Big hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. Adorable new Annie Chart! These are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ginny. This is one of my favorite series to work on . Have a great week, Ginny.

      Delete
  6. Piękny wzorek, zabieram do swojej kolekcji, dziękuję 🌜❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so honored that you like it. I hope you enjoy and thank you for the sweet visit and kind words.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday