Friday, October 8, 2021

Hazel Ewe - A Halloween Freebie

Good afternoon, ya'll. Today I hit the road looking for yard sales. 

                    

 Woo Hoo!  I did find a few. I didn't make a grand haul, but I  found a few things here and there. 

                 

Turkey salt and pepper shakers, a basket,  candleholders and some placemats. It was nice to get out and enjoy the day. 

 Once I got home, I immediately began FFOing my Hazel Ewe. 

She has been hanging in the Quilt Nest just waiting to be finished , and after much cackling or should I say baaing,  she convinced me today was the day! 



Hazel is a sweet little ewe who has several sisters, including Erin Ewe  , Betsy Ewe, and Summer Ewe.  She has more too, but these are the ones you have met so far. 

 

 Let me tell you! Hazel  is a character and just loves Halloween ! Why she has even nestled herself into a  witches hat and is  sporting one herself. I wonder what kind of spells she has brewing in her mind?🤔 Little Hazel has  a pumpkin quilt draped over her back for those cool Halloween nights when she goes out haunting.  I would rather have a quilt than  a black cape too. 


She is a small measuring 33 x 47 . I stitched mine of 14 count coffee/ tea dyed aida and that brought her to about 2 3/8" x 3 3/8" .

 I finished mine on a 4" square paper mache' unfinished box that I painted black. I purchased the box from the Dollar Tree. After painting it, I roughed up the box with a little sandpaper , added some torn gingham and polka dot fabric strips and glued on some Dollar Tree buttons. 

                    

 Hazel is finished on a piece of 3 1/2" square foam board with 2 layers of batting. I added a torn holiday ruffle as trim. 

If you would like to stitch Hazel, please check out the pdf's below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for instruction page. 


Click here for colored chart. 



 Click here for black and white chart . 




My week has been a busy one. I have been pulling out Halloween items and rearranging things. Also trying to give the place a good cleaning to lessen the work come Christmas time. 


Have you seen the cute different colored bottle brush trees at Walmart in the Christmas section?  This one was an autumn color just perfect to put on display for Halloween. 

Well I have rambled enough but I do want to end by telling you how much I appreciate you stopping by for a visit today. I hope you are ready for an awesome weekend. As always...

Happy Stitching, ya'll

Melisa

 When witches go riding and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers tis' near Halloween. 

Hugs and Stitches !!!

Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy , who always had an over the top Halloween costume!




13 comments:

  1. merci pour le joli freebee, bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel Ewe is adorable. Love her…all her friends are stinkin cute.🖤 🎃🧡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel is adorable!! Nice haul, too. Especially like the turkey S&P shakers. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another cute hazel chart. I love how she has been dressed for the different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the little chair you picked up, Melisa! It is darling. Hazel Ewe is a cutie! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, haven't see the little bottle trees. But it's far too early to drag myself into that section. Thanks for the chart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel is very cute sitting in that Witches' Hat, is the hat what helps them fly??? Your little basket reminds me of a picnic basket my mom used for our outings to the big oak tree in the middle of the big field behind our house. Awww, spring, summer an early fall picnics, I love them all!!! Have a great weekend, this is my birthday weekend, so family is on the schedule, I can't wait. Hugs to you and family.


    ReplyDelete
  8. Your latest ewe sister is adorable, Melisa! And I do love those vintage postcards you shared. I've always thought those were so sweet. All of your little finds are wonderful--especially the little chair and the turkey salt and pepper shakers. I used to go to a lot of yard sales when my sons were small--really need to get back into it :) Enjoy your weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never disappoint with your creativity and generosity. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I didn't know Walmart had their Xmas stuff out yet... next trip to town I'm checking them out!
    Love Hazel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just want to say thank you for all the freebies you put on your blog you are very very kind.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday