Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Little Bits " Tricks"- A Halloween Freebie

Have I told you how blessed you all make me feel? I am truly grateful . The kind words, compliments and messages really mean so much to me. I so appreciate so many of you who have checked on me these last few weeks  and sent warm, comforting words after my sweet sister received her angel wings. That truly means so much that you would take the time to pop in for a visit or send me a message . It  certainly has  brightened my days.  I feel sad that I have not been able to share as much on IG or my blog and even sadder that I haven't been able to visit with you as much, but I am sure ya'll understand .  There are the ups and downs that go along with such a tragedy, and I am trying to work my way through. I'll get there though. 

  A few days ago, hubby brought in a box. He said it was quite heavy and asked "What have you ordered?" Lol.  "I think some fabric. "  I responded with the usual answer.  After looking at the box, I realized it was a sweet gift from my friend, Shelly.    As I opened the box and carefully unwrapped each piece, I was moved to tears and stunned. Shelly hit the nail on the head with each piece that she gifted. It was like Christmas and truly warmed my heart. 

Lots of floss, and aida to keep me stitching for quite awhile. 

                                      

Eeeh! Look at these Christmas ornaments. They will adorn my farm tree and retro tree. 

The tobacco baskets are perfect since I grew up on a tobacco  and cattle farm.

                 

  I cried when I saw the ornament  Shelly picked out for my sister. I am not embarrassed to say that this ornament will stay out year round. The cross is already with my sis's photo. 

                    

 More fall goodies for me to play with.

 I am dreaming of a fall hutch display.  Thank you so much , Shelly.  

                 

 Then my dear friend , Connie who knows my love crows sent me a fat quarter of the most "stinking cute" crows I have ever seen. 

This fabric immediately took me back to my childhood with my Nanny repeating crow rhymes too me. Aren't these floss drops precious?  I can not wait to add put them on a ring and add them to a fabulous project. Thank you , Connie. I love them. 

 And then sweet Sandie sent me some fabulous gingerbread men.

 She had made a super cute gingerbread quilt and generously gifted me some little gingerbread men to make their way into a  quilt of my own. Oh, I am so excited!  I so appreciate your generosity, Sandie.  

 I have to say that I feel very humbled but extremely grateful . 

Now let's talk stitching! I have been working on a few Halloween pieces even though Halloween is almost here, I thought that I would share. They would be cute for last minute stitching or for next year. Today , I am sharing with you "Tricks" !   "Treats" will come later. 

 Oh , that reminds me - sweet Nancy on IG  has some amazing finishes and she sometimes takes her cross stitching  and appliques them to gift bags . They are darling. How clever is she! This stitch would be cute for a treat bag. 

"Tricks" is a small measuring 40 x 40. I stitched mine on 14 count tea/ coffee dyed aida which brought it to about  2 7/8" squared. Wouldn't it look precious on orange , lime green or even purple fabric? Oh the possibilities . I used 6  DMC floss  colors which were 937, 310 , 838, 920, 754, and 782. But by all means use whatever strikes your fancy. That is what makes it fun.  Because I like to live dangerously and stitch too close to the edge, I decided to make mine into a little pillow. Although I was originally thinking ornament. 

If you would like to stitch "Tricks" , I invite you to check out the pdfs below. This is a quick little stitch and you could have it whipped up no time flat. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for instruction page. 

Click here for colored chart. 



Click here for black and white chart. 


Though you haven't seen Treats yet, it has the same border and colorways and pair perfectly together. 

That's all for me - well at least for right now.  Remember, you are awesome and I appreciate you so much. And thank you so much , my friends for stopping by. You are the spice to my pumpkin! As always...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Trick or Treat. Bags of sweet. Ghosts are walking down the street. 

Hugs and Stitches !!!

Dedicated to my sweet Baby Sister, Amy. Love ya, Amo. 




6 comments:

  1. Grieving is an ongoing process with no time limit. Everyone deals with loss in their own ways. No doubt the unexpected gifts you received were indeed a pick-me-up. So many thoughtful things sent your way. Have fun, happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Tammy. I have definitely been taking it day by day and sometimes hour by hour. I am so grateful for family, friends and of course my faith to get me through this. Thank you for reminding me that it is ok to take my time on getting through this. Sending hugs.

      Delete
  2. Merci pour le partage de ces jolies grilles
    Amitiés

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome, Monique. I so hope you enjoy this little design. It was a quick one to work on. Have a wonderful weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. Dear sweet Melisa, please take whatever amount of time you need, as Tammy stated, grieving has no time limit. Your special friends that sent you gifts was, I am sure, touching and just the pick-me-up that was needed. Much love and hugs sent to you and your family, God will help you, all you need is to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Mary; that really means a lot to me. Yours and Tammy's words and comfort bring me a feeling of peace and make me feel less guilty that I have not been able to share and be available as I want to .Thank you for understanding. Sending you hugs and blessings. You always are a bright light in my day, Mary.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour