Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Jacks, Jacks and More Jacks - Halloween Hutch Tour

Good morning, punkin! Welcome! Well my hutch is crammed full of spookiness. And I thought it would be so much fun to play a little game. How many pumpkins and jacks can you spot on my hutch?  πŸŽƒAre you up to challenge? Aaah come on!  πŸ˜ƒ

Ok Let's play! 

The theme of my hutch was Jacks , Jacks and more Jacks. I left the black and white buffalo check shelf runners on the shelves though you can not see them from all of the Halloween clutter 🧐😳. In the background, I used my orange Dollar Tree plates.

 On the top of the hutch is a leaf garland from the Dollar Tree and a sweet felt candy corn garland purchased years ago. I never change out the top of my hutch . That is where I store my Campbell's Soup tin and Coca Cola crates and bottles, but I did add a Dollar Tree sign to the top . ( You wanta know what's in the soup tin? I store plates in there. ) 

 

On the top shelf is a very toothy paper mache box that I found on one of my thrift stores runs. 

My daughter gifted me the "Too Cute to Spook" owl.  In the smiling Jack container is a Homespun Elegance piece called "Oh to Be A Witch" . 

 Years ago, I stitched "Jolly Jack" from  All Through the Night. The frame is too small for it , but I still love it. 

Let's hop down to the 2nd shelf. 

A big smiling Dollar Tree jack sits on a Dollar Tree book .

 Finished on a tin tray is With thy Needle and Threads " Spirits and Spells . Below it is "Hocus Pocus" , one of my itty bitty design that I shared yesterday. 

 One of my favorite pieces is the paper mache Jack standing on a box. I got him for a dollar years ago.

 Behind him is a wooden jack. In the old golden compote stand is a jack that my daughter bought me years ago.

Big Jack and Little Jaxs was a freebie I shared in 2020.  There is 3 jacks on it. 

 The little wicked witch below is one of my wool appliques. She is a bit creepy. Don't you think? 

Down we go to the bottom shelf. 

I changed the bowl in the old juicer to an orange Dollar Tree bowl and filled it with picks and an pumpkin.

 In the corner is a freebie called Jacks and Crows from Primitive Betty. Betty posted it on her blog on June 25, 2014.  Ooooh! there is 5 jacks in that stitch.

 Below it is a little pumpkin sitting in a vintage mason jar lid that I found sitting in the bottom of a  creek. Yes! I  braved the cold water for that treasure. 

Sitting on the Dollar General cauldron mug is my Hazel Ewe. She was finished on a paper mache box. Can you guess where I bought the box? Yep. the Dollar Tree. πŸ˜ƒ Gotta love the Dollar Tree. 

 Below Hazel is a freebie  witch from the Pineberry Lane called Witchie

Years ago I loved to grow gourds and paint them. This is one of the few that I still have. 

Don't you just adore those jagged crooked teeth? Well at least I do in a Jack. Beside Witchy Jack is Hocus Pocus- from Heart in Hand. I finished it on a Dollar Tree wooden easel  frame. 

The wool applique jack I created years ago.  On the vintage scale, I layered a doily and a crocheted dish towel. 

In the bowls gifted to me by my dear sister is some candy corn and a couple of cross stitches including "Surrender the Treats "  which was a freebie from Hands on Design(. Information on  it can be found on Cathy's Instagram.  )  and October 31st  from Heart in Hand

Ok so how many jacks did you count? 

Hmmm first shelf including the top of the hutch  I counted 8. 

Second shelf-   I counted 12 but if I include the teeny pumpkins in the Brenda Gervais piece plus the pumpkin sticker in the bow  that would be 10 more- so 22

Bottom shelf- I counted 13.

OH MY! 43 JACKS!! Surely not!  

Did you spot more? There certainly are a lot.  I didn't realize I had so many witches as well until I started to look at these photos. 

I am sorry I was so snap happy with the camera and overloaded you visually, but I am very grateful that you stopped by to see a bit of my Halloween clutter.  Come the 1st of November all of these Jacks will be making their way to the attic, but don't worry! I have more country clutter to fill their space. A turkey invasion is going to take place in the kitchen.  Do you decorate for Thanksgiving? 

Have a beautiful day, my friends and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Jack-o-lanterns smiling bright wishing you a haunting night! 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy who loved Halloween and all its fun.  Love and miss you, Amo  

22 comments:

  1. You always have such interesting displays! How long does it take you to arrange the hutch? I don't decorate much for holidays, my idea of cleaning is to 'do it and get 'er done'! Knick knacks slow down dusting for me, I'd rather be sewing. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Gretchen. I usually takes me about 30 minutes to set up the hutch displays . That includes dusting and putting away the previous items. Oh I would rather be quilting too; that's why you might see some dust bunnies when I post my home photos. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the sweet visit, Annelies. I truly enjoyed pulling out all of these Jacks this season. They make me smile each time I pass this little nook. Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  3. Amazing collection! I'll bet you had lots of fun collecting everything!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. I have had lots of fun . Over the years, I have picked up things here and there from the Goodwill or yard sales. It is fun to see them all come together. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  4. What a "spooktacular" Display of jack o lanterns Melisa! You put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diana. I have been collecting many years. It is so much fun to pull them out each season. Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you told , because I lost count at around 22. lol You have a lot of cuties! And I just love the Jack and crows stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I did not realize that I had so many. It was fun to count all of them once that I go on a roll. Have a great weekend, Penny and Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  6. Your hutch looks delightful filled with all the Jacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. It was fun to decorate with all of these pieces. These are some of my favorites. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  7. I love seeing your hutch tour of goodies!! Thanks for sharing all the interesting finds. I love Dollar Tree! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Brenda. The Dollar Tree has served me well in my decorating. Lol. I just wish they were still a dollar, but oh well.. Hugs and blessings

      Delete
  8. Oh, this was so much fun, I counted 45!! Maybe I counted 1 or 2 twice??? Whatever the number it was a lot of fun to play "I spy"!! Happy Halloween, we have a get together with the family planned for Sunday with Chili, cornbread and Fritos with Candy for desert! What is your favorite candy? I am very fond of Peanut butter Cups! Sending you warm hugs( it is a little chilly here this morning at 52*) from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Mary. I am going to have to go back and recount. I feel like I was missing some. Lol. I have to admit Peanut butter cups is my favorite too as well as my daughters. I do not buy them that often because I just can not restrain myself once I get a taste. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  9. Your greeting this morning sort of stopped me in my tracks. My dad's nickname for me was Punkin. I taught him to X-stitch when he retired. He's been gone now for 11 years. Gees, time flies, doesn't it? Your holiday decorating is always such a treat with each season! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah Ginny .Sending you hugs as you think about your dear dad. I am glad I brought you some warm memories of him.It is funny how little things can bring you back to kinder times. I am sure you have so many fabulous memories stitching with him. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

      Delete
  10. Great post! I enjoy seeing everything you do. I have looked for the two charts in the top photo: Hiss and Click it looks like and the one on the left, Something wicked. Cannot find them. Can you shed some light? Thanks for sharing so often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. Hiss and Click is called Buttons Black and is from Plum Street Sampler . I can not remember who is the designer of the black sampler. I stitched it so long ago, but I am thinking it was in a Just Cross Stitch magazine. If I find it I will post on my blog though. Thank you again and happy stitching.

      Delete
  11. It's always a treat to see your hutch all gussied up for each season and holiday, Melisa! Wish I could reach through the screen and sample some of that candy corn you have there. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't purchase any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Carol. I truly enjoy decorating this little area. I am looking forward to bringing out the turkeys here soon. I did not buy much candy this year either, but candy corn is always a must even if I just eat a few pieces. Lol. Happy Halloween 

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday