Blog Archive

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Don't Rain on My Parade!

Good afternoon, ya'll. I am popping in rather late this Sunday evening. It seems like forever and a day since I have posted a Sunday post, but I promise I have been enjoying some slow stitching these past few Sundays.   


Yesterday was a very busy day. Basketball season started here in the valley; so for the next couple of months , I will be entertained by some exciting junior basketball games on Saturday mornings. 
Go, Baby! Go ! 

 Later in the evening, our small town held their annual Christmas parade. Because rain was expected, the parade was moved up 1 1/2 hours , but that did not make a bit of difference for it rained  anyway. Rain is not going to put a damper on our parade  however for  we enjoyed every minute of it. 

We do not have many floats mostly firetrucks and first responders. The highlight is the fact that tons of candy is thrown out and the kids get bags full. 

This year the grandbabies were not picking up candy for they were riding on the football semi since they played pee wee. They had a grand time throwing candy out. 

Though today is a rainy day as well, that is not going to stop me from  doing a little bit of porch stitching.  

I pulled out my Rudolph quilt .๐ŸฆŒ I know . I know . Some of you are asking "Isn't this the 3rd year we have seen this quilt?"  
Yep! I still have not completed it .๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜๐ŸฆŒ I just work on it here and there.


 Fingers crossed Rudolph will be finished this year. I am free hand quilting it in swirls and twirls. 


 My 2nd slow stitch is Joy's Christmas Embroidery SAL. I need to catch up on Week's 2 & 3

There is still time for you to join in just pop over to Joy's blog at Joy as Days Filled With Joy

The Christmas Countdown is on and I have  busy week planned. 
1.  Quilt on Rudolph Quilt
2. Work on Joy's Christmas SAL
3. Work on Joy's Christmas QAL
4. Prepare for the nephew's birthday party. 
5. Finish a new saltbox. 
I think this is a good list of goals to start with . 
Well that's my Sunday ramblings. I hope you have a very lovely afternoon and a wonderful week. As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Live simply; love generously; care deeply; speak kindly; leave the rest to God- Ronald Reagan

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—❤๐Ÿงต 

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy  Watching the parade was not the same without you, Amo. I love and miss you so much.  


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

30 comments:

  1. Have a good week with your stitching! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen. I hope to get a lot accomplished. I hope you have a very lovely week as well.

      Delete
  2. When we visited one of our sons the day after Thanksgiving, his small Kansas town was having their Christmas Light Parade, too. It was so fun! Lots of tractors all lit up there. Your Rudolph quilt looks adorable! Keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Diann. I can imagine how fantastic the tractors looked all lit and decorated. I wish some of our local farmers would do that. Thank you for the sweet Sunday visit.

      Delete
  3. A bit of rain didn't dampen your parade! Pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no it didn't . We had a great time this weekend and it was nice to sit on the porch and stitch a bit while watching the squirrels playing in the rain. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Jenny. Have a great week .

      Delete
  4. It's been years since we've attended a Christmas Parade. I've always loved them, especially when the kids were in them. That and driving around looking at Christmas lights.
    I think your Rudolph quilt is darling! I admire your hand quilting. And I really like the bowtie Christmas quilt. Would like to try it in red and green.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tradition that we attend the Christmas parade and of course drive around and look at lights. There have been some amazing light displays in town this year. It is nice to see others spread the Christmas spirit. Thank you so much, dear Donna on my quilts. Can you believe I got that red bowtie at the thrift store for just a few bucks. I was doing the happy dance. It would look so lovely in red and green. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  5. Good to hear that the rain didn't put a damper on the parade. Sounds like you've got a nice list of things to work on. I say that 2022 would be a good year to finish up that Rudolph quilt. Or maybe 2023? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susie. Lol I am trying my hardest to finish ole' Rudolph. It is hanging on like a hair in a biscuit .Lol. Thank goodness he is a cutie though because knowing me it will be making its way into 2023. Hee hee.

      Delete
  6. Have a nice week with your seams!
    I see that you carry several things at the same time... all my admiration.
    Happy week
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. I usually work on several projects during the day. I eventually get something completed. Lol. Have a very lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your Rudolph quilt is adorable, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I hope to work on it each day throughout December and aim for a finish. Hugs

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to see you are having fun and enjoying the Christmas season. Your quilt progress is looking great, some things need time, doesn't matter if it's more than one year, I'm sure when you finish it will be beautiful! I missed the local parade, mainly because my daughter has been down with the flu. This morning we had a blanket of snow, it snowed all day yesterday!
    Have a fun week!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for the encouragement. Diana. I have been taking it slow on this quilt , but I hope to get it completed by the end of the year. I hope your dear daughter feels better soon. I will certainly keep her in my prayers. Wow snow! I wish you could send some my way. It would be nice to have a winter Christmas. Stay warm and cozy.

      Delete
  9. Hello Melissa...... Thank you so very much for the cross stitch pattern for the Christmas Horse. I found out on Friday that my friend is in the middle of a cancer scare - waiting for second opinions and further tests. We are hoping for a false negative outcome. Anyway, she owns a horse farm and makes her living by selling personalized upscale leather saddles made in Italy. I spent yesterday stitching away for her and finished the cutest little Christmas horse ornament for her tree. It is in the mail now heading to the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Can't wait to hear from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurel. I am so sorry to hear that your dear friend is going through such a health crisis. I do hope that it is a false negative. I know this must be weighing heavily on her mind as well as her families. How sweet of you to send her an ornament to lift her spirits, and I am so deeply honored that you stitched Margie the Christmas Horse as the ornament. I know she will love it. Have a very Merry Christmas. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry you had rain during your parade. That is not fun, especially in the cold! Such a cutie playing basketball! We attended Ms. M's dance recital yesterday afternoon and it was a rainy one too! Enjoy your slow stitching. I hand quilted one (very small) quilt and that was enough! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has rained for the last 7 days, Brenda. I have sorta enjoyed it ( well listening to it lol) , fortunately the weather has been mild. I bet we are getting the same system as you because I am just one state over from you. Oh how fun to attend Ms. M's recital. I bet it was darling. Don't you just love this time of the year watching all of the fun things the youngins are doing? Have a very lovely week.

      Delete
  11. I love that Ronald Reagan quotation! Thanks for sharing it. The Rudolph quilt is so cute, and the idea of sitting on the porch on a rainy day is very appealing. I have a deck that would be great, but it isn't covered, so I only sit out on nice warm dry days, of which we haven't had too many the last few months! Maybe in the spring. Your little basketball player is so focused!

    The parade looks like fun anyway, and if the folks didn't mind, what's a little rain gonna hurt? I love small towns! The next town over from where we spent our full-timing summers had a parade for Christmas, but we never got to see it, of course. Too cold for us. They called it the Wake Up Santa parade, I think. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susan. It was lovely sitting on the porch as it rained. Thankfully it was not cool at all. The squirrels were playing back and forth which was quite entertaining. The parade was a lot of fun and thankfully we came prepared with umbrellas for all. Only the horses pulled out of the parade and went home early. Wake Up Santa Parade sounds very interesting and fun. Our theme this year was Dolly Parton. Lol. Have a very lovely week. Hugs

      Delete
  12. Sounds like you've already had a busy month. Good luck with your plans for the Rudolph quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. I am really focusing on finishing this quilt. I already know where I want to display it once it is completed. Have a very lovely week.

      Delete
  13. I loved small town festivities when I lived on the farm. They seldom got canceled. No worries on how long you take to finish anything, Melisa! We can handle it! Plus, the Rudolph quilt is so cute! I finished my (Your patterns!) ornaments and are wrapping and packing to mail. I know! I am sooo late! Oh, well, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a lovely time at the parade, Ginny and the kiddos came home with bags of candy. I have been enjoying every minute of working on Rudolph. I can not wait to get it completed and enjoy it for the holidays. EEeeh! I am honored , Ginny; I am sure everyone will just love your ornaments. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Hi Melisa! Was it cold on your porch? I don't mind seeing your hand stitched Rudolph quilt. I don't expect to finish my Christmas quilt this year either. :) What a lovely quote from our dear President Reagan! Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too cold that day. I think it was in the 50's which wasn't bad , but now it has gotten a lot chiller so no porch stitching for awhile. Lol. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. I know it is supposed to get colder in TX this week. So stay warm and cozy.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful Rudolph quilt, and while quilting it you can enjoy it as well ;) The porch looks very welcoming and cozy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Frederique. I hope to finish the quilting very soon. It would be so nice to have it completed by Christmas Eve.  Lol. Have a wonderful week and a very Merry Christmas 

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour