Blog Archive

Monday, December 5, 2022

A Sprinkle of Vintage- Christmas Hutch Tour

               ♬🎶Rain drops keep falling on my head💧💦🎵♪♬🎶☂

It is a beautiful rainy day, and I am going to enjoy the day in my jammies!  

How was your weekend? I hope a very pleasant one.  Mine was busy with a bit of this and that. 

 I worked on part 2 of Joy's Christmas QAL  from Days Filled with Joy and completed 16 hour glass blocks.  Today I will continue on the Joy's Christmas SAL with Week 2's embroidery. 

Well my hutch is all decked out for the holiday. It is plumb full of vintage items and all things Santa. I have to warn you- I got snap happy with my camera so there are a lot of photos. 📸😀🎅 Also I want to apologize for the dark photos. This house is pretty dark especially on a rainy day. 

 A lot of these things you saw last year , but I did try to change it up a bit, by bringing in some of the vintage pieces that are usually in one of the bedrooms. 

On the top shelf is a 1968 Santa . Hmm, do you think he looks jolly?  


Next to him is a vintage Santa in a floral display. I just popped him into a peppermint bowl .  This Santa has bits of pipe cleaner used for his beard and trim. So cute! 



Nanny's old canister stays out year round. It is filled with some of her old treasured recipes.  

In the corner, is a Santa candy container sitting in a vintage mold; I always try to pick up the vintage aluminum molds when I see them in the thrift stores. 


My all time favorite Christmas piece is this Santa pitcher.  I think he is as cute as a button. 

Next to jolly ole' St. Nick  is a planter filled with a reindeer and a backwards Santa.  I think this might be  a 1950's or 60's piece. 

I always have to adjust poor Santa trying to make him look like he is facing the reindeer. Lol


I have a confession- I am addicted to cookie jars. 😀🍪🍪Yes , I just love them. Will you find cookies in them? Probably not. Anywhoo  This Santa  cookie jar is a Walmart find  from a few years ago.  

My 2nd favorite item on my hutch is the vintage red and green doilies.  I was fortunate to find them as a set at the Goodwill years ago. 

The bottom shelf has a modge podge of items.

 I found the Toyland Peanut Butter tin last year. 

I only have 2 pieces of stitching - Santa  Stamp which is finished on a Dollar General frame stand. 


 and...

 The 2nd stitched piece is DEC 25th which was a freebie , but I can not remember who was the designer. Do you recognize it? 

The top of my scales holds vintage bowls gifted to me by my sister and some homemade Christmas trees. 

I draped the Santa Mug quilt over the edge of the hutch. I shared this embroidery last year. Click on the colored text  for the Santa Mug Doodle

Did you notice that I did not have any Santa mugs on display on my hutch?  I just could not squeeze one in though I tried my hardest. 

Whewww! That was a whole lot of vintage country Christmas clutter to take in wasn't it?  But oh how it makes my heart sings. I appreciate the sweet Monday visit , my dears.  Stay warm and cozy and do something that you love today. 

As always...

Happy stitching and decorating, ya'll

Melisa

Just remember the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart. - The Polar Express


Hugs and Stitches!!! 

Dedicated to my dear baby, sister, Amy who loved thrifting and Christmas as much as  do. You are a blessing. Love and miss you. 


  Today starts the  Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange which is being hosted by  Carol at Just Let Me Quilt .  I hope you will joining us for the blog hop by visiting all of those participating.  You will find  some  Ho! Ho!  holiday recipes and a sleigh full of  inspiration.  Just click on the names below to visit the sweet ladies . 

                                               December 5

Creatin' in the Sticks

DesertSky Quilting

Karrin’s Crazy World

Days Filled With Joy

Just Because Quilts

That Fabric Feeling

For The Love Of Geese

Words & Stitches

 

December 6

MooseStashQuilting

Just Sew Quilter

Ms P Designs USA

Beaquilter

Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
Stitchin At Home

 

December 7

Inflorescence

Crazy'boutquilts

Patchouli Moon Studio

Texas Quilt Gal

Pinker n' Punkin Quilting & Stitching

Needled Mom

Quilted Delights

 

December 8

Just Let Me Quilt

Quiltscapes

Songbird Designs

Patchwork Breeze

Quilt Schmilt

Homespun Hannah's Blog

Happy Cottage Quilter



I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

14 comments:

  1. You have such fun Christmas decorations, Melisa! I love all the Santas, especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I have had a great time collecting them over the years. It is like a treasure hunt when I visit the thrift stores. Have a wonderful week . Stay warm and cozy

      Delete
  2. There are always do many items to look at and enjoy in your hutch displays. The countdown to Christmas is coming fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Jenny. I had a lot of fun pulling out all of the vintage. That is so true. Where are the days going? Lol. It is hard to believe that Christmas is only a few weeks away .Have a great day

      Delete
  3. I'm a fan of creative, crafty, collected clutter. You always manage to display everything beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. We sound like two peas in a pod for I am a fan of crafty clutter as well. especially if it brings back fond memories. I hope you are having a very lovely day and thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  4. A showcase full of vintage and evocative Christmas items!!
    I loved the cookie containers!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. I have been collecting for many years. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas . Hugs

      Delete
  5. Lively display! I have some Christmas mugs, and I am going to get them out and use them. Thanks for the beautiful pictures! Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Judy. It is fun to drink out of a holiday mug ; I hope you enjoy yours. Have a lovely week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Oooooooh I just love, love, love everything!! I really do wish I could come and visit you!!! Instead I'll just look at your photos a bit longer :) Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Joy for the sweet Monday visit. I have been collecting for quite awhile. Have a very lovely week . Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  7. I'm running late, Melisa, but thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!! Loved seeing everything so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so kind, Brenda. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday