Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A Berry Spring Hutch Tour

Well a berry good mornin' to you, sweet peas. Before I left on my camping trip, I began Operation Easter Take Down.   I bet many of ya'll have already wrangled up those fluffy tailed bunnies and all of the colorful Easter eggs and put them  away into the bins until  they are ready to hop out next year.  This ole' gal is still at it though. 

Some of ya'll may remember that I went plumb wild with the carrot decor earlier this month in my Carrot Pickin Country Hutch tour.  

     

I really wish you could have seen it in person; all of the orange  made my heart leap. 

Well, it was time for a change up , and since here in my southern neck of the woods it is strawberry season, I pulled out my thrifted strawberry decor. 

So come on in grab you a handful of freshly picked berries and eeeh! let me show you what I came up with. 

(Remember: These photos are clutter heavy - that's just my style. Oh and please excuse any dust bunnies that you may see.  As a disclaimer - I must say-  No Dust Bunnies were harmed in the  creating of the vignette or the making of these photos. 😂🐰🐇) 

If you would like to see any of the stitches close up or get the jpg charts, just click on the colored text. 

Lots of reds and anything berry related. 

    

I pulled off the lace valance curtains that I was using for shelf runners and replaced them with red and white buffalo plaid fabric from Walmart. I bought a yard and cut it in thirds.  The plates are all from the thrift store . The red polka dot ones are some of my newest finds. 


I always start the tour off with the top shelf which is filled to the brim. 


In one corner is a stack of plates with Nanny's old coffee canister (probably dates back to the 50's) . On top of it,  I put two  strawberry toothpick containers. 


A few years ago I purchased the red ceramic truck candle from the Dollar General. In it is  one of Lori Holt's Stitch Card designs which my dear friend, Joan, let me borrow . Next to it is my Farm Sweet Farm which I finished on a Dollar Tree blackboard. 


In the opposite corner is a Mrs. Buttersworth Syrup jar that my Mom painted in 1979 . She was painting these when my Grandpa past away and from that day forward she never painted another. It is missing a little gingham hat she had sewn for it. 


Last year I created a trio of stitches called Spring on the Farm based on my family farm life at my Nanny's. This is Spring Pasture



Hopping down to the 2nd shelf which is just as packed with sweet country goodness. 


The Blessed Barn was a Walmart find a couple of years ago which was available in their fall decor. In the stack of strawberry mugs, I placed a doily and a bird sitting on a strawberry. 


I strung white Christmas lights between the shelves.  The little cross stitch is Spring Farmhouse   which is modeled after my Nanny's home.  The darling metal milk can was a gift from , my friend Sue. I am going to place a little berry sign in it. 


I added a Pioneer Woman barn salt and pepper shaker and a vintage teeny milk bottle gifted from my baby sister. 


I pulled out my old strawberry teapot which has not seen the light of day in ages and it is sitting on a wooden strawberry stand. 


Sliding on down to the bottom shelf. 



In the vintage red juicer, I placed a red Dollar Tree bowl with faux berries. Next to it is an egg holder with a strawberry and a Dollar General toothpick truck found last Christmas with a berry in it. 


 Spring on the Farm is one of the trio of spring stitches that I created last year.  

( Sorry for the blurry photo- 📷  Wait till I get my hand's on that camera lady- Hey that's me ! Never mind. 😂📸) 


This is all three of the Spring on the Farm stitches displayed together last year. I really have enjoyed them. 


In the center of the bottom shelf are some strawberry creamers stacked with a Pioneer Woman salt shaker , a scrap of wood that I painted "Farm " and Little House Needleworks Hen Party. 


I placed a rooster with a doily in a stack of strawberry mugs  and in a teeny votive candle. I was packing all of the reds and berries that I could on this shelf. Lol. 

 Strawberry  Picker is next to the vintage strawberry coasters. It is a teeny stitch. 


I made    Life is Better on the Farm    into a little quilt. It pretty much stays out year round somewhere in the house. 


On my vintage scale, I placed this old Farm sweet Farm sign. I have always loved the colors of it. 


Last year I shared some strawberry doodles with you in which I created  Fresh Berries Redwork Quilt


I folded it and hung it off the bottom of the shelf. Oh goodness, it looks a bit wonky there. 😳😜



That's the end of my berry hutch tour. Operation Easter Take Down will resume when I get back home. 

If you would like to see last year' s Spring Farm Hutch Tour , just click on the name and you can see the hutch decorated in some of the same things but with more yellows and chicks in it. 


I am so very grateful that you took the time out of your busy day to visit me . It will not be long before we are decorating in patriotic colors. Eeeh ! I cannot  wait. Thank you again , my friends and I hope your day is filled with blessings, joy and loads of sweetness. As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
To have enough to share-
To know the joy of giving-
To thrill the all with sweets of life- is living!  

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵

 

Dedicated to the sweetest strawberry picker- my sweet sister, Amy. I know you are pickin berries in heaven's berry patch. I love you, Amo. 


Don't forget today is Truckin' Tuesday so pull out a truck related project to work on and have loads of fun!1

 Hugs and Love!!

20 comments:

  1. Strawberries?! We don't even have leaves on trees here yet! I'm looking forward to rhubarb and asparagus. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Gretchen . We plant our strawberries in September and around here they produce at the end of April through May depending on the variety . I haven't had rhubarb in years. Yum. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I love your farm decor, Melisa....I have the farm vibe going all the time at our vacation home at Foothills Farm. In fact I found a bunny made out of an old quilt at a local store and he is going to the farm house on our next trip. I finished up Tulip House and decided to make a pillow with it and it is in the small dough bowl in my china cabinet. Next up is the Green Spring Saltbox. I just love your houses and I hope to stitch quite a few and display them together!! Thanks again for sharing your lovely charts here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Arlene. I love quilted animal dolls . Is yours made as one piece? I saw a quilted pig last month at shop . I could kick myself for not getting it. I bet the rabbit will look darling when you get it displayed. Aaah I am so excited that you stitched Tulip House. I hope you enjoyed it. and I hope you enoy Spring Green Saltbox too. Have a great week. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. Me after seeing your new display: 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Marueen. It has been years since these strawberry pieces have seen the light of day. It was fun to pull them out. Have a very lovely week and thank you for bringing a smile to my day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , sweet Penny for the sweet blog love. Have a great week. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Shelly. It was fun to pull out all of the strawberry decor. I have not had it out in awhile . Of course all of the reds make my heart leap. Lol. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy seeing how your hutch changes each month, Melisa. I haven't wrangled my Easter stuff yet; will happen Friday or Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. Well I am glad that I am not the only one that still has Easter stuff out. I will leave my springy stuff out for a little while longer. Looking forward to seeing your patriotic tree. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. It was such fun to see your strawberry themed hutch up close and personal, Melisa! I'm always amazed at just how many themed accessories you have. I especially love the strawberry teapot in this new display. Just adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Carol. I am definitely love to decorate around themes. I have been collecting strawberries for about 15 years, but I haven't pulled them out in some time so it was a lot of fun working on this hutch display. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Love how you are always changing things up and that so much around you is creative and handmade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Tammy. I enjoy rotating the displays in and out. That way I get to enjoy more of my country clutter. Lol. Have a great week. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  9. Love your display. Strawberry season is just about over here in FL. Maybe we'll find more as we travel! Looking forward to your next display! So Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have always wanted to visit Florida during Strawberry season. Maybe sometime in the future. I hope you were able to enjoy some fresh berries. The season seems too short. Have a very lovely week and thank you for the super sweet visit, Donna.

      Delete
  10. I forgot to say how much I love the painted Mrs. Butterworth containers that your mom did. A shame she stopped making them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melisa,
    O MY!! all this delicious redness!! LOL!! You know that i am a lover of red and this sweet hutch decorated like this just made my heart leap!!! I just love it all!!! The strawberries are so cute and is perfect!! so many pretties to see here...i am scouring all the photos to be sure i do not miss a thing...I am sorry that I was not by sooner but I have been so busy trying to get the yard, front and back , done ...we are almost there but had snow showers and blustery cold wind today!!! Typical Spring here in Nepa!! Thanks so much for sharing and for the inspiration!! And thank you for all your visits and such sweet words!! It is truly appreciated!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday