Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Spring Farm Pasture- A Spring Freebie

Happy Wednesday ya'll! Would you like to join me on the farm and see the pasture? Well put on your rubber boats and let's go! We will hop, skip,  jump and see the sights on the farm.  How about we start off with the cross stitched pasture.  

For the last couple of weeks , I have shared a  Spring on the Farm series. The first one was Spring on the Farm with the red barn and tractor.  

Click  here  if you missed Spring on the Farm and you will be directed to the post and pdfs . 

After I stitched it, I decided to continue on with the farm with the Spring Farmhouse which was based on my grandparents' home. It included a dad's red truck and Great Grandma Annie's quilt hanging on the line.. 

Click here to visit the Spring Farmhouse post.  

The third in this spring series is the pasture. 

This little stitch is based on our family farm. As a kid, I had so much fun playing in the fields; so I have included bits and pieces of my farm life in this stitch.  In one corner is an apple tree with a tree house in it. 

When I was a child, we had a two level rickety tree house in an apple tree. A perfect place to play and eat a healthy snack. 

Out in the field are 3 cows. Blackie was our milk cow when we were young'uns, and oh, yes I did help milk her.  The red cow is Number 4 or affectionately known as Molly. She currently lives on the farm and is the smartest cow of the herd. The small white Charolais calf is Bangs; she also currently lives on the family farm but is grown now. The real Bangs has a shaggy bangs that frame her forehead- so cute. 

What's in the garden? Carrots, radishes, strawberries and lettuce. There is also a watering trough, shovel and galvanized bucket near the fence. Of course, we have a few hens running around the farm as well as 2 ducks on the pond. All sweet memories. I did include 3 sheep. We never had any sheep, but I always wanted some. 

I finished my stitch just as I did the other 2 which were mounted on foam board and on a Dollar Tree tray. 

The lace is also from the Dollar Tree.  I did not glue the finished piece into the tray; that way I can interchange it with other seasons. 

If I knew I was going to stitch 3 pieces, I would have stitched them together. I bought a little tray from Walmart in the garden section that would be perfect to put all 3 designs  stitched as 1 . I think I paid about $4.94 for it. 

Many of you know that I always leave this disclaimer: I am not a professional designer, and I do not have professional software.  I do have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  Thank you for understanding. 

Click here for the instruction page. 

                         

Click here for the colored chart. 

                         

Click here for the black and white chart. 

                          

I started playing around with a little grouping of these stitches on the hutch today.  This is where they will stay until mid May when patriotic comes out. 

 They look  pretty cute paired with the 1869 Spring Chick Crock. I think I will leave that our for a few more weeks. 

My hutch is headed toward a farm theme in reds and yellows. Oh, I am so excited. This will be my project for the evening. 

Thank you so much for visiting me in the pasture today! Hope ya'll come back soon. Have a very lovely day and as always... 

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Live like someone left the gate open! 














16 comments:

  1. You are so generous with your talents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pasture sounds delightful, Melisa. Those three stitcheries are lovely. I just know your patriotic displays will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! You've done a great job and the display is lovely. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! How fun that they are your own designs. Love your unique display technique. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute series you've created (as always!!), Melisa. Your trio looks so nice in the display with all of your little treasures nearby. It must be such fun to look through your house and find the perfect things to add to your stitching displays. Thank you again for your generosity and sharing your talent with us! Enjoy your day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red and yellow...thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your patterns! Thank you. I love the cow picture! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling new design, Melisa! Thanks for sharing the story behind it and the cows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muchas gracias, son preciosos !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracias Melisa, no solo tienes talento, eres un ser generoso. Una preciosidad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are incredible ❤️❤️❤️. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another sweet stitch-you are spoiling us! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the chart. I like this design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melisa,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I love what you did with the trays!! So pretty!! Yes, marigolds are usually easy to grow and do well in both sun and shade...I plan on starting some from seeds I obtained from my plants last year...Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour