Saturday, April 30, 2022

Nine Patch Saturday

Good morning, ya'll. Last week , Kathy of Kathy's Quilts , shared her start on Primitive Gatherings "Oh Say Can You Sew" Mystery Quilt. Seeing how much fun she was having , I had to join in. If you have not seen this, Kathy provides a link to Clue 1 , but you better hurry because  today is the last day.  Each month of the mystery a clue will be given the 1st Monday of the month so Clue 2 will be given Monday May 2nd .  You can also watch Lisa Bongean's Youtube channel , Stitch with Lisa Bongean in which she explains all about it and where you will also find a link to Clue #1. 

Yesterday , I began  piecing strips for my nine patches. 

 Soon I had 31 cute teeny nine patches. 

Clue 2 will be using reds and whites. Eeeh! 

April came and went and I only got in a few pink blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

 Last night , I did get this block pieced.  It measures 16 1/2" unfinished. 

 

Boy, do these need to be pressed . 

Two wee four patches to add to a future quilt. 

I recently had a request to see this little cross stitch.  In a previous post, you may have seen a tad of it. I stitched this piece called Amy Lou the Bunny Keeper last year . 

At the time I was celebrating , my sister's love for animals. Little did I know that we would only have her for a few months longer.  

Many of ya'll know that a lot of my stitches are about my family, but this was the first one that I have done of a living family member at the time. I have vowed that I will never stitch a piece about a living person again. I guess that is the superstitious nature in me.  I will probably share this one in the future, but I will have to wait until my heart finds a bit more peace and my sweet sister whispers in my ear to do so. 

Well, that's my quilting adventure for the day. Have a beautiful day.  Now go create something AMAZING!  Thank you for the sweet visit and as always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
The universe is still a place of mystery and wonder.  


Hugs and Stitches!!! ðŸ¤—❤🧵

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Alycia's of  Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you. 

10 comments:

  1. Melissa are you in TN? Some of your posts make me think so. I live in Sparta TN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pink RSC blocks!!! Job well done! And yes, those little 9-patches are adorable! Love those little orange ceramic butterflies, the pink wooden/ceramic shoe, the child's sewing machine--so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much cuteness! I know you miss your sister so much. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting that you are starting the mystery... it will be fun!
    Love the pink chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are looking fabulous, Melisa. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, now I just have to start the new O Say Can You Sew! QAL!!! I have sooo many scraps that I need to do this ASAP! Thank you for the nudge and the link to the YouTube. I hear your sorrow with your sister's passing, I am so sorry, soon may you hear the sweet whisper that you need. My youngest sister is now in the hospital and is not doing well, but with small improvements. Worry and fear and sadness is a thing that is hard to deal with and may we find the peace and blessings that may come. I send you love, hugs and prayers for whatever you need, always. Your friend from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also joined the Oh Say Can I Sew QAL but I haven't quite finished up my blocks for April. Your pink sewing for April RSC...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your QAL. I am looking forward to seeing future posts. I totally get your feeling on Amy Lou the Bunny Keeper design you created. You follow your heart and do what brings you peace. Wishing you a wonderful day sweet friend full of many blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs for you dear friend. The loss of a sister is devastating as I know. She will whisper if you will listen. Meanwhile, the Bunny Keeper is such a lovely healing tribute. Thank you for sharing her and your RSC blocks on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks for the QAL, you did an amazing job! Cute pink blocks too ;)
    Thank you for sharing, your sister hommage is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday