Monday, April 11, 2022

Where Have I Been?

It is a beautiful Tuesday! Welcome, ya'll.

 Did you have a nice weekend? It was pretty quiet here.

 I  have been on a little hiatus from being online these last few days. What's happened ? Well I am having tech issues that has came out of nowhere and if you know me, you know that I am plumb tech dumb.  The other night I worked for hours on 2 devices trying to upload photos , but I kept having 1 issue after the other. Yesterday , I just threw my hands up and called my daughter. She has got me  " working online partially" . I am still not sure if I can get on IG yet. So if you find me missing , that is what is going on.  I have my fingers crossed that she will come home Easter and help her mama out. Lol. 

 Sooooo while I have been on this forced social media break , I have enjoyed  the weekend at the sewing machine.  A few more flag blocks were made .

 I am cutting them out as I go.  More patriotic piecing will take place today. 

My Easter quilt is not going to be finished by Easter , but I will enjoy putting some stitches in it today. 

I  am quilting it using the Baptist Fan pattern. Aren't the fabrics as sweet as a bunny's bottom? 🐇🐰

Here's a glimpse of my Easter tree.


 I crammed it full with all things Spring and Easter.


 Years ago I stitched some of the Prairie Schooler Bunnies .

 I stitched them in my own colors on  white aida. I enjoy hanging them on the tree each year. 

Have you made plans for the week? There is so much that I need and want to get completed. Well here is a bit. 

1. Piece more flag blocks

2. Begin a new basket cross stitch

3. Quilt on Easter quilt

4. Finish applique on Strawberry basket quilt

5. Pin down Easter menu and grocery shop. 

6. Ball games, ball games, ball games. Eeeeh! Baseball season. 

Spring storms are in the forecast for this week, but hopefully they will be few and far between  for there are weeds to pull, seeds to plant and gardens to work up.

 

My Nanny had the prettiest writing. She filled every empty cookbook  page with family recipes. 

Well wishing you a wonderful and blessed week. 

Oh before you leave, I want to thank everyone for all of the kind compliments, likes and visits to my IG page and my blog. Ya'll mean so much to me . Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me. I am so behind in commenting back and visiting .I am so sorry. I hope to get back on track as soon as my devilish devices aka computers will let me. 

 Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

"Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe it is possible for you to do it. " 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday


Dedicated to my dear sister , Amy who had a fighting spirit. Love and miss you , Amo. 

24 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very blessed Easter. Yes tech issues can be such a nuisance at times. Love your little flags and the hand quilting on your Easter quilt. All the best for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kathryn for the sweet visit and comment. I am muddling my way through the tech problems and jumping through hoops. Hoping all will work out soon. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  2. I totally understand your tech woes. Thankfully I live with a computer savvy husband who often gets frustrated with my lack of understanding...he still fixes my tech issues though. I love your Easter decor.Those flag blocks are fantastic. I like the fabrics. I love seeing those old time cook books. I have a few myself. Your grandmother's handwriting looks much like my grandmother's. I have a few of her handwritten recipes also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Cathie . You are so fortunate to have a tech savvy hubby to help you through any tech problems. Hoping my daughter will straighten mine out soon. Thank you so much for the kind words on my flag blocks. I am enjoying them. I too love old cookbooks. They are a treasure. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you're having "technical difficulties", they can really drive us crazy, right? Love all your pretty Easter decorations. Those cookbooks look so interesting - I love the older cookbooks that have notes from my Mom. That oatmeal cake sounds delish! I bought a ham at Sam's for Easter and plan deviled eggs too, but I don't have anything else on the menu yet. Your stitching on the Easter quilt is so pretty!
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday, and good luck with your computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Linda for the sweet visit. I do love looking at old cookbooks especially when my grandmother has written in them. We are going to have ham too. I do need to lock in the menu though. Lol Have a happy Easter.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you have had tech issues, and so glad to see a lovely post from you with your gorgeous quilts. Loved seeing the cookery books too.
    (I was hoping you were cross stitching 😂🤣♥️🙋‍♀️)
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Barbara. I squeezed in some cross stitching here and there too, but I have to admit it is so hard when more than one hobby is tugging at my heart and wanting attention. Lol Happy Easter

      Delete
  5. Your blog is truly a delight! So much to see! So many ideas to “do”! I’m not very active on IG. I look once In awhile. Thanks for providing all your charts and doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for the sweet Tuesday visit and the kind compliment. I am so touched that you enjoy my little blog. That truly warms my heart. Have a fabulous day and a Happy Easter.

      Delete
  6. Love seeing your easter quilt in the hoop! Baptist fans are perfect for this quilt!
    Hope your tech issues are resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Kathy. I am so excited. I was looking at the quilt and I believe I could finish it soon if I focused. Have a very lovely Easter holiday.

      Delete
  7. Love your flag blocks, your Easter quilting, and your decor, Melisa. Sorry you are having tech issues! I always say that when technology is working the way it is supposed to it is wonderful, but when it isn't, then it is the pits. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol the pits is right. I have been muddling my way using two devices and jumping hoops, but lol I am getting it done. Thank you so much, Robin for the sweet visit. I am really enjoying working on the flag blocks. Big hugs

      Delete
  8. Totally understand tech problems, I usually call one of my grandsons for help. I know just enough to get into real trouble, LOL! Love your sweet little Easter Quilt and the Flags are going to be wonderful.. Have a great Easter week and enjoy your family . Sending love and hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , Mary . I am in the same boat as you- Technology means trouble for me. Lol. Aah thank you so much for the kind words on my quilts. I am enjoying each one. Every little stitch moves me to a finish. Big hugs.

      Delete
  9. I've been away on vacation so I'm way behind on my blog reading and comments, too, Melisa! Sure hope you can get your tech problems under control. My oldest son works in computers so I do rely on him to help at times. His usual response when I call with a question is, "Did you Google it, mom?" He's right--the answer is often there :)

    Love your little PS bunnies. You know me, I love PS anything! So sweet that you have your grandma's old recipes in her writing. I have a few of my grandma's, too--I treasure them!

    Hope you have a wonderful week and a very blessed Easter ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol your son sounds like my daughter, Carol. Thankfully she will be able to help me when she comes home for the weekend. I will have to muddle through it till then. Have a wonderful week and hope you get to spend Easter with your grandbaby. Hugs

      Delete
  10. Aww such sweet bunnies and lovely quilts. I always enjoy visiting with you because there is always something adorable to see. Hope your tech woes get fixed, such a pain all this tech stuff is sometimes. Ohhh bunnies bottom? Oh yes, those fabrics are cute...hmmm that will now and hence forth forever be known as the Bunny Butt quilt! :) Blessings always sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that would be the perfect name for the quilt. I will definitely have to remember that. I have enjoyed every stitch working on the Easter quilt.I can not wait to get it completed. Big hugs

      Delete
  11. I'm way behind on commenting. Your Easter tree is just gorgeous! Love all your projects. Love the Prarie Schooler bunnies on white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Sue. I am the same way. I am so far behind with catching up with all of the pretty blog and posts on IG as well. But I so appreciate the kind visit. Sending hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  12. Than you so much for your wonderful patterns. I hope to get some of them done while traveling.
    Good luck with your computer problems. My dd also helps me when I have a problem. I downloaded Team viewer so she can "hack" into my computer and work on it.
    Your projects are lovely - looking forward to seeing how the flags come out.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flag blocks are fabulous -- I love that unexpected floral print thrown into the mix! Hand quilted Baptist Fans are one of my favorite quilting styles, and I love your over-the-top Easter decorations. I hope you had a blessed Easter weekend with your family and that you're back online with no more tech gremlins!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday