Monday, April 18, 2022

Flutter By Butterfly

Good evening, ya'll and Happy Monday! I hope you had a blessed Easter holiday.

 These last few days I have been enjoying time outside , tidying about , moving plants and  garden planning. I gathered up some weedy blooms including wild buttercups and put them in a mason jar to enjoy .

             

 Do you see who decided to enjoy the blooms as well?  It's Kermit, the green frog.  

While at my sister's, I saw my first butterfly for the season. It was so befitting that I saw one there. 

So I decided to pull out the butterfly blocks that I have been working on in her honor. 

       

I will be appliqueing a new butterfly today and adding antenna's to the  others. 

A kaleidoscope of butterflies. 

The Spring edition of the punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher magazine arrived in the mail. I am looking forward to flipping through it and awing at the lovely designs and patterns. 

I have been making my To Do List for the week . 


LAST WEEK'S LIST

🇽1. Piece more flag blocks

🇽2. Begin a new basket cross stitch

3. Quilt on Easter quilt

✅4. Finish applique on Strawberry basket quilt

✅5. Pin down Easter menu and grocery shop. 

✅6. Ball games, ball games, ball games. Eeeeh! Baseball season.

WHAT'S THE PLAN FOR THIS WEEK : 

1.  Applique Butterfly blocks

2. Quilt on Easter Quilt

3. Piece Flag Blocks

4. Begin basket cross stitch

5. Work on Notforgotten Farms "Peaceful Sunflower"

     

6. Gardening chores

7. Ballgames , ballgames and ball games.  7 games are on the schedules. 

Have you made your plans for the week?  Thank you for popping by for a visit . Have a fabulous week and as always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa 

When the spirit of nature touches us, our heart turns into a butterfly. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss ya. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

21 comments:

  1. Oh my, 7 ball games, you will be a busy woman. Isn't spring a fun time of the year for everyone. A little green frog, spring has sprung!!! Have a wonderful day and your week will be busy but I see a lot of fum, too. Love and hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Mary. Oh yes. The grandbabies keep us busy. The youngest hit a double and was given the game ball. He was so excited. I hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Melisa,
    Love the butterflies!!!
    Just wanted to stop by to wish you a Happy Easter and thank you for your visit and kind words!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Deb. I am really enjoying working on the butterflies. I am thinking of adding a red sashing to them when I set them.I hope you have a very lovely week. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter Melisa. I love your butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Christine. I hope your Easter was a blessed one as well. It is hard to believe that Easter has come and gone. This year is certainly flying by. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  4. Love baseball season. Both grandchildren play so I know how busy it can be. I love watching them play. I love your butterfly blocks. I have made one butterfly quilt. Seeing yours makes me want to make another. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Joy. Watching the grandbabies play ball is a great joy and oh yes it does keep one busy. I am having a ball working on these butterflies. I got over a hundred of them at the Goodwill. I can not imagine cutting so many out . I will be making butterfly quilts for years. Lol. I bet your quilt is a beauty. Have a great week and Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. Spring has sprung your side. Cute butterfly blocks, colorful frog and beautiful yellow flowers. 7 ball games, you'll be busy this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly nice to have the warmer weather, Astrid. I am amazed how many frogs we have in around our home especially green ones. Seeing the butterfly though was a delight which makes me want to finish the butterfly blocks very soon. Have a lovely week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Hi Melisa, your butterflies are beautiful! I love that bouquet in the mason jar. You have such attractively staged photos!
    Thanks for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh - you sound like my daughter - her daughter has several games and practices this week and next.
    Our week has been busy too - deep cleaning (spring cleaning?) the RV so we can get back on the road. Living in it over the winter, we've collected things that either go into storage or are given away. My quilting goes into storage - the cross stitch stays - much lighter.
    Your butterflies are very pretty - love the frog!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterflies are beautiful. I have a butterfly quilt top made on a yellow background that I bought from eBay years ago. I guess I need to pull it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun butterfly blocks you are working on, Melisa! Hope the weather cooperates for the ballgames. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun Butterfly blocks. I'm so ready to be outdoors to be in the yard. Not really warm enough to be digging in the dirt yet. Maybe almost 70 today, but there is still bit of snow here and there. I did see a robin yesterday trying to shelter from the icy wind in a juniper hedge. Poor thing! Thanks for sharing your blooms in a jar. That made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your butterfly blocks, Melisa! They're so happy on the yellow background. Good luck with your list this week, and enjoy those baseball games!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very busy Melisa!! I am in GA visiting my mother at the nursing home but when I am at my vacation home on the farm, I work on my Christmas Garden by Blackbird. I am changing it up a bit and instead of Christmas Garden, I will put GRIMM at the bottom with motifs.....It is still quite chilly here in GA but hoping that the 70 s will return tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have written this content very thoughtfully, and it is great that every person has some skill in life and you also have a skill, using which you write a beautiful post. I am very happy to see your post, hope you will keep writing such posts in life. you are the best post writer. VIP Girl Bhiwadi
    Gurugram Girl Number
    IMT Manesar Girl low price
    Hyderabad Party Girl
    College Girl Gurugram
    newly married Girls Bhiwadi
    VIP girl mahipalpur
    gurugram girl number

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet butterflies. Too dry here for frogs, but yours seems very comfortable hanging out there! Enjoy your stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The butterflies and your stitching are just gorgeous. I love the frog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh love the butterflies. You are just so creative! Looking forward to seeing what you stitch up, too. Blessings always sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday