Saturday, May 8, 2021

Life is Better On A Farm- freebie

 It is an overcast Saturday, here in my neck of the woods, but it feels nice and comfy outside. It is a great day!  Happy Saturday, my dear sweet friends. How are you? 

  I've been sitting by the window, watching the chipmunks , squirrels and birdies frolic and fight among the feeders - quite  a sight to see them all together. Amazingly, the mourning doves are the ones who try to run some of the birds off. And the cardinals could care less, and they do their own thing. 

                        

I thought I would pop in for a quick post with glimpses from the farm and a little simple freebie for those farm lovers . 

Little sheds on the farm hold treasures tucked on the walls. 

Rusty horseshoes unearthed from the ground days long ago. 

An old tractor seat waiting to be repurposed. 

An old weathervane made by my uncle in the early 1980's. 

 A little birdie resting on a muscadine vine. 

 An old corn husker 

The gate heading to the barn. 

The old tobacco barn and corn crib. 

Last night I worked on this little stitch into the wee hours of the morning. This is called "Life is Better On A Farm" . 
 I had an idea on how I wanted to finish it, but that idea fell through. I was wanting to stitch it and attach it to a little blue jean pocket and tuck some flowers in , but my girls' denim pants pockets were too small.


After searching through my finishing stash of this and that, I could not find anything. Sooooo. .. 
I can never go wrong in my eyes by just turning something into a little min quilt. 
The red fabric was from my daughter's red sun dress she wore in the 1st and 2nd grade. Such sweet memories. 

If you are interested in this little stitch , just click on the pdfs below and choose your favorite floss color. I used DMC 498 for mine because I am a red girl. Hubby would have red it in John Deere colors though. lol. 

Click here for the instruction page. 

Click here for the colored chart. 


Click here for the black and white chart. 

I am so delighted you stopped by for a farm visit . I hope you have a very blessed Mother's day weekend and as always...
Happy stitching, ya'll
Melisa
And into the field I go to lose my mind and find my soul!
Hugs and stitches
Ya'll come back , you hear!



14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour. Love the weathervane. Always enjoy watching birds. A sweet little stitch that you have once again finished off perfectly. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. I love that weather vane too. We are fortunate to have 2 of them . One is on the old barn and the other came off my Nanny's barn. I hope you have a very blessed Mother's Day.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the visit! Adorable finish and I alive the colors. Happy Mother’s Day♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much for the sweet visit, Jennie. It was a wonderful Mother's Day. The family all gathered which was such a delight. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day as well.

      Delete
  3. Another adorable cross stitch pretty imagined by you and stitched by your clever hands. I would say it is a most wonderful thing to live one's days on a farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim for the sweetest words. Farm life is a joy and the only life I know. I am indeed a country girl. Lol. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Oh Melisa, what a precious piece you turned your cross stitch into! Thanks for taking us on a stroll around your place. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. It was a beautiful day today. We enjoyed a relaxing day on the patio with family. Hope you had a very lovely day. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Good morning! Oh, memories of my grandparent's dairy. Smile. I grew up with my dad raising a small herd of beef cattle and about 20 acres of alfalfa. I've changed my share of sprinkler pipes. LOL Your farm is beautiful and your pattern is adorable. Thank you! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Angela.I bet you can certainly relate to there is no life like farm life. Lol. I always love looking at the old dairy farms in the valley . Dad has a few cattle where we raise pigs. There is always an adventure on the farm isn't there? Thank you for the sweet visit, dear and hope you had a very lovely weekend.

      Delete
  6. J'aime particulièrement la girouette, tout à fait vintage. Enfin je la vois comme ça....
    Merci pour ce nouveau free que vous nous offrez.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christel. I love the weathervane too and am amazed at my uncle's craftsmanship. I so appreciate your sweet visit and comment. Have a fabulous week, dear.

      Delete
  7. LOVE the rustic outdoor treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Kathy. I am a sucker for anything old, rusty and crusty. Lol. I hope you have a very lovely week and happy quilting.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Farm Friday Rambles