Monday, July 1, 2024

July's "Year in Hearts" Doodle

Goodbye, June and hello , July! 

Howdy doo, Sweet friends and Happy Monday!

 How is it July already? Whew doesn't the summer months seem to fly by?

July Picnic Basket Doodle

Do you have any grand plans for the month? Mr. Pinker and I are on a camping trip right now, but it will be a  short trip. Soon Big Red and the little raggedy camper will makes its way home.  Other than that, not a whole lot of excitement is expected for the month. 

 Ho! Ho! Ho! Will you be working on Christmas in July projects?

My Gingerbread Tree in 2019

  I hope to get a few stitches completed. In addition , I  have high hopes to work on piecing the Gingerbread embroidery blocks into a quilt.

This sure do need a good pressing. LOL

 

I shared those little doodles in the winter of 2023/2024. 







Today's new "Christmas in July" start will be "Sugar & Spice by With Thy Needle and Thread.  

Little stitched gingerbread men will be prancing about soon.  This was a gift from dear, Shelly. Thank you so  much , sweet friend; you are so thoughtful. 🤗❤

I made a little progress on the "No Name Sampler". I started this sampler in June ; I haven't figured out the name  nor all of the motifs yet. It is truly a work in progress. 


Time for the July "Year in Heart " doodle.   July's embroidery is a simple  "Jar of Geraniums" . 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵



                  My doodles are hand drawn and are never perfect.  

 The "Year of Hearts" blocks are embroidered on an 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cotton. You may want to cut your fabric larger for the hoop and then after working on the embroidery , trim and square to 8 1/2". I color tinted my design with crayons and colored pencils before stitching the piece. I used 2 strands of DMC floss and  the back stitch.  After finishing the embroidery, I  carefully heat set the color with an iron. When you heat set the color, place a clean paper towel over the design and press .

If you have missed any of the other heart doodles, I do invite you to visit the previous posts by clicking the colored links. ❤

 Block 1 A Winter's Night

Block 2  Country Mail Delivery  

Block 3 A Country Spring Day

Block 4 Early Birds

Block 5 Strawberry Patch 

Block 6 A Buzzy Garden

 A Buzzy Garden with Bee Berry 


Bonus Block- Time for Gardening

Oooh, I have some stitching to do. How about you? I guess we better get to work. Wish you were here at camp to stitch along with me.  Have a marvelous day and...

As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

"July is a blind date with summer "

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Summer Wishes !!!🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . Love and miss you., Amo ❤❤

Ya'll come back now, ya hear ! 

Lizzie Kate's Flip It Bits- July, With Thy Needle and Thread's July Word Play,  and my "Old Glory

31 comments:

  1. Your July stitchery is super cute. In my earlier days, I filled many a Ball jar. . .not with flowers though!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I have a thing for mason jars. I have not done any canning this year except for this stitched version. LOL. Happy Monday, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Your gingerbread men look funny and sweet. I'm going to start my Christmas in July today too, I just don't know which pattern I'm going to choose yet, I'll do that later.
    Have a great time, Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how wonderful. I look forward to seeing what Christmas design you choose. I have began the bottom border of Sugar and Spice . I hope to finish it today. Have a wonderful day. Hugs

      Delete
  3. July is adorable!!! I love the Gingerbread kids they are super cute!!! Like you I can't believe we're into July this week. Actually this year is flying by! Have a great week. Hugs, Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy July, Darlene! Aaah thank you so much. You are just as sweet. I am going to audition some red scraps for the gingerbread kids today. Perhaps I will get a start on them. Have a fabulous day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Happy Camping!! Your gingerbreads are just darling! I still haven't finished the snowmen into a finished pieced! Can't decide if I want them all together in one piece or make multiple pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Vicki. We always have a good time out and about. I have my snowmen waiting patiently to tell me what to do too. LOL. An idea will come to us! LOL. Happy July. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Aren't you sneaky, being on a camping trip! How are you finding the weather? Thank you for posting a photo of your Christmas tree. It gives me hope that we are on the downside of the hill coasting to cooler weather - lol! Your heart embroideries are so, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It is just a short trip. It started off hot but it wasn't too bad today thankfully. LOL. It is hard to believe that we are already in July - cooler weather would be so nice. Have a great week and a Happy 4th Linda. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. It's always Christmas somehow with me. I work on Christmas ornaments throughout the year. I started this in 1987 with my first born so you can tell how many she has! Love the new embroidery and the gingerbread men and ladies are so cute! I just can't keep up with you! LOL! Blessings - enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is so sweet that you have stitched ornaments for your children Donna. I wish my girls wanted mine. LOL. I stitch them one, but it remains on my tree, but that is ok. They will want them someday. LOL Thank you so much for the sweet visit and Happy July. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Yay for the Doodles parade! The July block is darling. Love it! Your gingerbread doodles are adorable, Melisa. Hope you and the Mister are having a good adventure. Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy July , Robin. I am having a ball working on these little doodles. I do believe I need to work on a new one very soon. We are having a great time. Did a little thrifting today. LOL. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful handmade projects, Melisa!!
    I love them!!!
    Enjoy your camping.
    Have a good week
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Isabel. You are so very kind. I wish you a very lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. July's heart block is another cute one. Enjoy your slow stitching and the camping trip. Hopefully you've been spared from the high heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. Thankfully it is not as hot as it was over the weekend plus the shade gives us a bit of relief. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Happy July! Love the new heart block- the geraniums are so pretty. I just got started on the bonus block last night, but will trace out the July heart and be ready to go soon. Hope you're having a great camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy July, Diann. I can not thank you enough for stitching along with me. You really keep me motivated seeing your pretty hearts. I hope you enjoy the Bonus Block. I hope to draw August's block out this week. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Such a wonderful 1st of July posting with so many inspiring makes. I do have a question I hope you can help me with. With regards to the 'no name sampler' I see you tea or coffee dyed this? - anyway aged it. I did a first prim sampler and was going to age it but made a huge mistake, didn't coffee dye before stitching and luckily realized the floss may bleed tested it first and YES it did. Help needed! Q. can you suggest a way to age my project after completed ~ thank you for any suggestions :) (nwpaintedlady@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon and Happy July. I hope your month is already off to a lovely start. I am not sure considering the floss bleeds. I had a couple of ornaments that I made the same mistake. I tried to dye one but the red bleed all over the place. I do need to see if I can remove the color . Have you watched Bridgett's Primitive Passion on Youtube? She shows how she ages her samplers in her "Let's Talk Antique and Reproduction Samplers" video ( it was about 9 months ago) I haven't tried her method but it was interesting. But the sampler she aged did not have the floss the bled. If I found out anything, I will certainly let you know. I wish you the best. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Such cute creations (as always!), Melisa. Those little gingerbread men have captured my heart. Hope you have a wonderful July--really can't believe 2024 is half over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. I enjoyed stitching them so much. I can not wait to turn them into a quilt. Have a wonderful week.Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I love your beautiful heart blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so kind, Jenny. Thank you so much. They have been a delight to create and share. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Thank you for the newest July Heart. I love most anything with jars. Your colorations are so nice and real looking. The gingerbread doodles are a great Christmas in July project. The gingerbread stitch will be a fun stitch and fit right in with your neighborhood of houses. I hope you are getting a little break from the heat where you are at. We haven't been too hot and it has rained and that is always a plus. Picked raspberries this morning and ate every last one of them! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting off the day with raspberry picking sounds delightful! Happy July, Ginny. Thankfully, our 1st day of July was not too hot. I hope it stays nice the rest of the week. I had a ball stitching the latest heart block. It stitched up quick too. I am like you - anything mason jar related grabs my heart!. Have a wonderful week and enjoy those fresh yummy berries. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I hope you are having a great time camping! Those heart embroideries are so lovely. Happy 4th, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jeanna. We always have a great time when we are out and about enjoying nature. I wish you a wonderful week and a very Happy 4th of July. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Hi Melisa, you’re so extremely versatile and talented! I’m just blown away at your creativity! I wish you well on your camping trip.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday - A Morning Stroll