Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Take Me Out to the Ball Game Patriotic Hutch Tour

"Take me out to the ball game. 
Take me out with the crowd.
 Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks 
I don't care if I never get back...' "

Are you going to be singing this song in your head all day long now? Hee! Hee! I am ! 😀😁🤣

Happy Tuesday, Sweet friends. Well I just had to include a few lyrics of that great summertime song, because I decorated my patriotic hutch in the Ball theme.  So I ask you . Are you ready to eye some good ole' country clutter?   

BE FOREWARNED THIS IS PHOTO HEAVY POST. - sorry. 

If you are a minimalist, you might scream" AAAAH all that clutter How could she? " 😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣 Lol.  But that is just my style . So if you are up for  it , grab you a box of Cracker Jacks and let's head to the ball field!

First, I would like to show you last year's Patriotic hutch I called "Red , White and Blue "  . It was loaded down with all kinds of  patriotic stitching and farm animals. If you would like to get a closer look or see any of the links to the stitches just hop on over to that post. 

2023's Patriotic Hutch

This year I decided to do something a little different for the patriotic season and that is use some of my tins. I have a fairly good  collection of vintage and reproduction advertising tins. You probably have spotted some of them in previous posts. Anywhoo, I tried to gather any that were patriotic or ball game related. So let's go take a  closer look.  

2024's "Take Me Out to the Ballgame Patriotic "Hutch

I always start decorating my hutch with shelf runners and plates. This month, I left the red buffalo check fabric runners. I bought the fabric from Wally World aka Walmart and just cut it in thirds. The plates are all thrifted including the  red Pioneer Woman plates . On the top shelf, I left the forsythia garland because I  like the color , and it brings a bit of softness to the edges.

Top shelf with tins and stitching.

  In the corner, I  added a few  ball  themed tins which included Cracker Jacks and Coca Cola tins. 

 In the center , is Little Miss Liberty which I stitched for my daughter when she was stationed in Pennsylvania for the military.   I have not posted this one yet ( maybe next year 🤗) . 

  I added one of my daughter's softball trophies to the corner along with one of my very first patriotic cross stitch called 1776 Crock  . 

I think 1776 Crock is a cutie patootie stitch. What do you think ?

Let's shimmy down to the 2nd shelf  shall we. 


A Goo Goo Clusters tin is perched on a compote.Do you remember those sweet treats? They are oh so yummy.  I haven't had one in ages.

 Next to it are some wooden firecrackers my daughter gifted me along with Patriotic Mason Jar.


 A few weeks ago , I found some vintage Coke bottles at the thrift store ; a couple made it in the display including this one from 1974.









 Another Cracker Jack tin and a wooden star sign round off the 2nd shelf. 

Now let's round to the 3rd base- I mean shelf!  

I bought a 3 pack of Cracker Jacks at the Dollar Tree. The grandsons have already snatched the Cracker Jacks out of 2 of the boxes. Lol. They were hungry  little fellas' and needed  a snack after ball.😀 

I propped the Cracker Jacks onto a peanuts tin  along with a baseball. 







In the corner is Freedom Truck which is being driven by a regal eagle. Surrounding the stitch is more baseballs and of course a softball. 

 The 2nd Coke bottle dates back to 1986 when Tennessee celebrated its homecoming.  Do you  collect Coca Cola items?  I have a small collection that is slowly growing. My goal is to eventually have a Coca Cola Christmas tree. 😀🎄

On top of the scale is a metal basket of patriotic stamps which includes Patriotic House StampPop Goes The Fireworks Truck Stamp,  Pop Stamp  and Mini Patriotic Jar Stamp

I always have this gorgeous knitted dishcloth from my friend, Patricia on display. I love it! 

Well that's my patriotic hutch in a peanut shell.  So what do you think ? Do you think I hit a homerun and   pulled off the "Take Me Out to The Ballgame " theme?  Or did I strike out?  

The bottom of my hutch holds Christmas dishes. 

Remember if you are interested in any of the stitches just click on the colored links. 

I often get asked where do I store all of my stuff especially since I live in a small home.  Well I hope to show you some of the places every now and then .  Today I will show you where the patriotic hutch items  are normally stored or displayed.  

First off the tins. I have 2 long shelves where some of the tins are stored on. They hang above my Hoosier. I moved the "ball tins" down and placed other tins in their place. 


I bet some of you are saying, "What's in the tins, Mrs. Clutterbug?"  

I store my Christmas Kitchen items in the tins . They certainly hold a lot .

Lots of vintage and reproduction tins hold Christmas items. 

My other patriotic items that are scattered throughout the house , but most are stored in a large armoire in the kids' toyroom.  I tried to get at an angle to spare you all of the toy action going on in here. LOL. 

This armoire holds patriotic in the bottom drawer and in the basket on the shelf. Fall and Halloween is in the large section of the  armoire

This little shelf in the toy room holds "dust bunnies" along with patriotic items and toys. 



 The patriotic and summer cross stitches are stored in a large wicker basket in another room. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

If you would like to visit any of the previous year's patriotic tours, just click the colored links. 


2022  Down on the Farm Patriotic Hutch. 


2021 My Country Patriotic Farm Hutch

2020 Country Patriotic Thrift Hutch

Wheww! Breathe!  That was a lot to take in wasn't it?  Lol.  Do you have a favorite of the patriotic hutches? I believe mine is the 2020 hutch  with all of the blue transferware. 

Before you leave let me show you my 1st Christmas in July start for the month. It is With Thy Needle and Threads Sugar & Spice which was a gift from dear Shelly. 🤗❤  I will be stitching the 1st gingerbread today. 


Well I am off to see what I can get into. But before you leave, may I say- YOU ARE AWESOME!  It is just a reminder. 🤗❤ Love ya' !  Thank you for the sweet visit . 

As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, y'all

Melisa

"It's a great day for a ball game, let's play two!"- Ernie Banks

Hugs and Stitches !!!🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear loving sister Amy who loved to thrift and collect too . I love and miss you. 


33 comments:

  1. Ooh my, how I love these old fashioned tin boxes. My collection got lost when we moved long ago. I had not much but some nice ones.
    I am always impressed seeing your shelves.
    Have a great day and fun stitching Gingerbread House.
    Hugs, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you do miss the tin boxes, Gabi; that is so sad that they were lost in the move. I have become a bit obsessed with them especially for storage. Thank you so much for dropping by for a visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful and perfect decoration. All the Baseball tin boxes are great.
    Have a nice month of July.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Manuela . I was a bit surprised that I had so many tins that fit the theme. I wish you a wonderful evening and a blessed month as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I like that 2020 one with that gorgeous blue transfer ware too!! You have an astounding collection of all things Americana, Melisa. [I just got two little tins to store some of my empty thread spools in ,btw]
    ...I have a lot of empty cookie tins [love those Danish cookies!! haha] but
    nothing like your collections. Add to that all your beautifully rendered samplers--and "Ka-Pow"--beautiful vignettes appear:))) Lovely fun posting--thanks for sharing your bounty...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thing for blue transferware . Right now I have the blue transferware on display in the livingroom, but I do believe it needs to make a reappearance on the hutch soon. LOL. Aren't the tins wonderful for storage? I have some for thread too. Oh my yes! Danish cookies are yummy! A great excuse to pick up a tin too. Hee! Hee! Thank you for the sweet visit, Julierose. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Yum - Goo Goo Clusters! Love all your Coke and baseball and patriotic goodies mixed in with your cute stitcheries. I would love to see your Coca Cola Christmas tree if you do one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just thinking of Goo Goo Clusters makes my stomach rumble! LOL. I had a great time pulling all of the baseball / patriotic items together. There is a consignment shop that I visit that has a lot of Coke items. I keep eyeing one booth to see if they are going to have a sale so I can get a couple of goodies for a future tree. Fingers crossed. LOL. Thank you so much for the sweet Tuesday visit, Linda. Hugs and Blessings

      Delete
  5. You can still find Goo Goo Clusters here and there. Your hutch looks fabulous. You definitely knocked it out of the park, Melisa. And why yes, the song is now playing in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to search them out; I love Goo Goo Clusters; though I do not need them. LOL. I had a great time decorating the hutch. The grandsons love it too. Ever so often they would borrow the baseballs. LOL. Thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I do love your hutch tours! Thank you. One day I hope to have collections like you but until then, I'll live vicariously though you! Have a wonderful day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah you are so kind, Donna and thank you for the kind compliment. I enjoy changing out the hutch . Years ago I never changed it out. It is fun to do something different though. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  7. How I enjoy these tours of your decorations according to the season!!!
    Yes, the patriotic hutch of 2020 is also one of my favorites, Melisa.
    Thanks for the walk through your home.
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you very much, Isabel. I am so honored that you dropped by for a visit. I always enjoy decorating for the patriotic season.I get to use some of my favorite things. Have a blessed day.Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I love your hutch decoration corner, don't you worry about the minimalists! I just adore to see how you put everything together, the nostalgia and vintage items that bring great memories from my childhood. May I suggest one thing? So you did the Fall, Spring and Strawberry Collections Stamp Headers, I think you should do an American Collection Stamp Header, to display your beautiful american celebration stamps, I would love to stitch one too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful idea, Diana. I am going to start brainstorming for future stamps. I have already started creating winter stamps with a header as well. I have hopes to share them come the winter season. I also want to do a summer one when I can find the inspiration, but Americana is right up my alley. Thank you for the brilliant idea. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  9. Great cupboard full of goodies. I love GooGoo Clusters! Discovered them when we lived for a few years in northern Florida. I'd say you hit a homerun with your collectibles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh a homerun!!! Hip Hip Hooray! LOL. I had a ball decorating the hutch and the grandsons enjoyed the ball theme as well. Now just to find me some Goo Goo Clusters. LOL. Happy Tuesday, Susie. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. You ALWAYS hit a home run with your hutch decor. I couldn't select a favorite patriotic, they are all creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah how sweet of you, Jeanna! I just love this time of year when I can display all things red, white and blue. I wish you a wonderful 4th of July and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. What a great tour today, Melisa! You must swell with pride each time you see all those darling finishes from charts that you've designed. That eagle driving the truck still makes me laugh--just too cute! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Fourth of July! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. That eagle is a hoot isn't it? LOL . That was a fun little stitch. I wish you a wonderful Fourth as well. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  12. Your hutch tours are always extra special. I'm with you regarding a favorite photo of the hutch years. I like the blue one too. My daughter was a Coca Cola scholar (She received a regional award/scholarship from the company about 2021.) I always enjoy seeing Coke memorabilia.--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how wonderful, Terry and what an honor for your daughter. Congratulations to her. I am sure Coca Cola is very special in your family especially now. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. You brightened my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I so enjoy your hutch tours, Melisa - such fun goodies! You really have a knack for decorating. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so very kind, Diann; thank you. I enjoy changing things out and moving things about. This year's patriotic hutch brought back fond memories of my girls in ball and of course the grandsons who are now playing. Have a wonderful 4th. Hugs

      Delete
  14. I truly enjoy all of your Hutch Tours, but I think my favorite is 2020, with 2023 coming in 2nd, but oh, oh I love 2024. I may have to realign my favorites, lol. My mom would have loved this years Patriotic Hutch, she was an avid baseball fan, and cracker jacks were her favorite treat. Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July with your family, we will be doing some quiet celebrating, our family pets are not happy with firework noise, but we will BBQ and enjoy watermelon and swimming. Warm happy hugs from sunny Arizona, we finally got some rain, not a lot but some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you got a bit of rain this week. I hope it provided a bit of relief though I am sure that was short. Did the desert come alive from the rain? It sounds like you will be having a wonderful celebration. Watermelon sounds delightful! I need to put one on my shopping list- thanks for the reminder. And thank you for the sweet visit and kind words on my hutch. It touched my heart that it brought back fond memories of your mom. Hugs from the holler. And Happy 4th of July .

      Delete
  15. Haha--third base/shelf! Made me chuckle!!! Also, fun to hear your GSs already enjoyed the Cracker Jacks! Great bunch of collection, Melisa!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it! My mom would love to see all your things, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The baseball theme tour was great. Showing us where you store things really is somethin'! So many tins!! I have never had Goo Goo's. It must be a SE thing. Cracker Jacks are a longtime favorite of mine. I also like the 2020 tour with all the blue transferware. Have a great 4th tomorrow with your loved ones or however you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't tell you how much I love your posts, patterns and information. I am so happy for all that you post. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Going, going gone!!!! You hit that one right out of the ballpark. Fabulous collection of patriotic and baseball things! They definitely mix well together. DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love all your tin containers. I used to have quite a collection and I have no idea where they are. I do have a small collection now and use them for a variety of things in my sewing room. They make me smile. Silly I know. Oh well. LOL DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday - A Morning Stroll