Blog Archive

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Bee Berry- A Bee Strawberry Pinkeep Freebie


 Good afternoon! Welcome, ya'll . Can I interest you in a berry or two? They are quite yummy! 

This past June I shared my 1st strawberry pinkeep called Mary's Basket  Strawberry Pinkeep which was in memory of my Granny.  She had a green thumb and could grow just about anything .  

I just knew Mary' Basket would not be my one and only berry. So I soon began working on a new one.  

Ta Da Da🎺🎺🎺 Let me introduce to you my newest berry- " Bee Berry". 

 Bees, Blooms and a single bee skep round this berry out.  It is a simple  design and a super quick stitch of course it certainly would not have to be finished in a berry, but that is what I wanted to do. 

🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯
If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.

🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯🐝🍯

NOTE:The drawn berry outline on the chart is NOT a stitching or cutting line,but I used it as reference line  to visualize the berry while stitching.




I did not give myself much room when finishing this berry  so my design was a little lower to the tip of the berry than I meant. It is always better to make you berry a little too big when cutting and then trim down if so needed. I learned that the hard way. 

Despite my boo boos, I still believe Bee Berry looks awfully cute in my eyes. 

I added a wool cap to the top of the berry .The green wool was from an old wool jacket that I found at the Goodwill. 

After adding the wool berry cap, I still wanted a little something extra so I cut a few of pieces of brown burlap ribbon and tacked it down to the top. I am happy with it for now and can always change it in the future. 

Bee Berry, Bees and Blooms, and Bee Skep 1869 Crock

If you would like to read how I finish my strawberries, revisit my post on Mary's Basket  Strawberry Pinkeep where I explained my finishing and give some links to some other stitcher's who have finishing videos. If you have a hankering for more bee stitches, I invite you to also check out my Bee Parade where I shared previous bee stitches. 

Well that's ya'll. What do you think? Hmmm I think we need a 3rd berry here soon . Don't you?

Have a beautiful afternoon and thank you for the sweet visit. 

As Always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Hugs and Stitches!!! πŸ€—❤🧡

The lovely flower embarrass me.They make me regret  I am not a bee.- Emily Dickinson

Dedicated to my sweet "strawberry picker" sister, Amy .I miss you , Amo . Love ya. ❤❤❤


20 comments:

  1. Such lovely counted cross stitcheries--I've never gotten the hang of them--mostly I've done stamped ones and straight embroideries...nice work on these hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Julierose. I just got into cross stitching seriously a few years ago. I have always wanted to work on a stamped one and I adore embroidery though my stitching is not that great. Thank you for the sweet afternoon visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous bee pinkeep, thank you so much! I'm progressing in my class, but I don't think I will become a true XS person. Still enjoy seeing yours and may try out one soon. Thank you for all you contribute to quilting and stitching,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Susan. Thank you so much; you are always so kind and encouraging and that means so much to me. I am glad to hear that you are making progress on your project. It took my many years before I got hooked on cross stitching, but my love will always be quilting. All I have wanted to do this past week is quilt, quilt, quilt. lol.

      Delete
  3. This is just sew cute, Melisa! And it would make great gifts for stitcher friends!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so very kind, Brenda. It would be a great gift and it worked up so quickly. I enjoy making the strawberry pinkeeps though I can get a little messy when stuffing them with sawdust. Lol. Enjoy your evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet Strawberry, thank you for the sweet pattern. I made the same mistake on my first one, live and learn!! Always cute anyway! Warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Mary. Lol I have the trouble of trying to not waste fabric and I never give myself a lot of room . I blame the "quilter' in me for that . Lol. I bet your berry turned out as cute as a button though. Hope you had a great weekend. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Your newest berry is so sweet! Thank you so much. I always enjoy checking out the background things in your photos. Have we seen the blue quilts in the cut out berry photo? My inquiring mind wants to know. πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a ball working on the newest berry, Ginny. It worked up quickly too. I don't think I have showed the little blue quilt top yet. I do need to do that. In fact, I may just have to quilt it this week. It is a small one so it shouldn't take me long. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. and the reminder. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your bee parade is getting bigger and bigger, great, I also really like the idea with the strawberry and bee motif.
    happy stitching
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martina, I have really enjoyed adding to my bee stitches each year. Some of them I keep out year round because they give me so much joy. The bee berry was a fun little stitch. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Those are some super sweet berries, Melisa. I really need to get back to some berry stitching. Thank you for sharing your designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jeanna. This is my 2nd berry and I love something new each time that I work on one. I hope to finish a new one this week. Have a fabulous day. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Aah you are always so kind, Isabel. Thank you so much. It was a delight to work on this little stitch and finish. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  9. Total swoon over that bee berry! I have never made one of these before... not sure it's in my skill set, but maybe one day soon!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kathy, you would have no trouble making a berry. I guess the hardest part for me is to not make too big of a mess when I stuff it with sawdust. I hope you give it a try sometime. I started off by just making wool berries. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. A beautiful berry design Melisa, one more to add to my to-do list, thank you for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Diana. It was a delightful berry to work on and a quick stitch too. I hope you enjoy this little stitch. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods