Blog Archive

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Squirrely Dance and a Mini Pumpkin Sampler Freebie

A very good morning to you , sweet friends and Happy Saturday. Are you ready for a rip roaring weekend? I sure am. We have ballgames, a tractor pull and a birthday party on the agenda. 


I am doing a squirrely happy dance!! 

Squirrel image from Graphic Fairy.

 Yah!!! I  finished the Mini Squirrel Sampler which I shared in my August 20, 2023 post.  

 It is all ready to join my display of squirrels.   Here it is with With Thy Needle and Thread's Oktober Feast in the background. 


This was a "Choose Your Own Colors " chart, but if you are interested I used DMC 975, 610, 869 & 435. 

Diann at Little Penguins Quilts  ( Hi Diann! ๐Ÿค—) shared her version of this sampler last week. She used a lighter color palette, and it is so pretty. Please go check it out if you have the time. 

Like my other mini samplers, I finished it into a simple pillow so that I can tuck it into a dough bowl or in a cigar box 

Below are some of the previous mini samplers that I have shared. There is only 1 of the 5 that I have not shared yet. The  mini samplers shown are  Mini Sunflower Sampler ,  Mini Bee Sampler Shamrock Mini Sampler   ,  Red Heart Mini Sampler 

How about another mini sampler? This one is called Mini Pumpkins Sampler. I haven't stitched it yet, but it is on the agenda. It is another "Choose Your Own Colors" chart. I haven't decided my colors yet, but I will certainly post an update when I do. 

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ




UPDATE  - Sept 22, 2023 I finished the Mini Pumpkin Sampler. 

Mini Pumpkins Sampler  was a Choose Your Own Colors chart , but if you are interested I used the following 
Letters- DMC 938
Big Pumpkin- 301, 898, 783, white
White Pumpkin- White, 840
Medium Pumpkin- 783, 898, 3776
Doohickeys (the little crosses) - 840 

Well that certainly was a short and sweet visit, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Have a  wonderful weekend doing something that you love. 
  

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Life in a nutshell, awaits a squirrel. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo.❤❤❤











 

 

29 comments:

  1. Great job! when you were doing the happy dance did you sing,now I know my A B C's aren't you so proud of me........๐Ÿ˜…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I certainly was, Helen and hubby was looking at my like I lost my mind. Lol. Thank you so much for the sweet giggle. I had a ball stitching this little sampler and am looking forward to working on the new one. Have a great day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Your squirrels are so cute! Enjoy the tractor pull and birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Gretchen. It was a fun quick stitch. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Hi Melissa! Thank you for sharing your patterns. I am working on the Autumn stamp collection. I stitched it last year and finished them as little pillows. This Summer I found a frame at Goodwill so this will be one piece. Thank you for listing the colors you use as I am not good at picking. Have a blessed and stitch filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, Joy. Oh, I am so excited to hear that you are working on Autumn Stamps ! I know it will look darling ! So glad you found the perfect frame even better that it was at a thrifty price. Have a wonderful weekend . Hugs

      Delete
  4. Well done on getting the mini squirrel sampler finished, Melisa! The mini pumpkin one is darling. Can't wait to see you stitch it up! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I was excited to get it FFOd so it could join my other furry fall critters. Have a lovely day . Hugs.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful weekend! Have fun - and thank you for the new patterns. So cute. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has been a busy weekend and it is always a joy when the grandbabes are around to keep us entertained. Thank you for the sweet Saturday visit, Donna. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Your squirrel smapler is really cute. I've seen Dianns, her's is really cute too. The pumpkins sampler is going to be another fun one. I'm almost tempted to get back into cross stitch, but i really don't need any more squirrels at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kate. It was a fun quick stitch and I am excited to work on the new mini sampler this weekend. Lol I understand about not needing anymore squirrels, yet I keep falling for them. Hee ! Hee! Have a great weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  7. Oh dear, I'm in trouble now! This little Sampler will have to go on my "ro-do" list. I love anything pumpkins and these you've designed are adorable, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I am so thrilled that I am tempting you, Diann. Hee! Hee! Thank you so much for the kind words on my mini sampler . I hope to get a good start on it this weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. You design such sweet samplers, Melisa. Diann did a really good job with your design. Happy Saturday. Sounds like a full day for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Susie. I have really enjoyed working on these quick mini samplers. Diann's color palette is so beautiful isn't it? Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs. 

      Delete
  9. A busy week end in your neck of the woods. Have fun! Love the Mini Pumpkin Samper! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been busy bees, Darlene. The little ones always have something going on to keep us entertained. Lol. Have a wonderful weekend and hope you are getting in some quilting time. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Have so enjoyed catching up with your blog!! You have had a wonderful week , filled with grands and your daughter's visit. A new house and a new mini sampler, all so very cute and charming. I especially enjoyed the Farm visit with the cows and the donkey, so relaxing. Have the best weekend and enjoy your family time together..Hugs from sunny Arizoan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, dear Mary. I hope you have had a very lovely and productive week . Is it cooling down a bit in your area? I sure hope so. This time of the year gets very busy with the grandchildren's activities. Oh how I love fall! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for taking the time to catch up on all that has been going on in the holler. Hugs.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. Oh look... "squirrel"... must stitch immediately!! And also the pumpkins! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I am so thrilled that this little squirrel caught your eye, Kathy. I hope you enjoy it. Have an awesome weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for another lovely mini sampler. Love the pumpkins and the squirrel too! It's fun to be squirrely! LOL Have a great week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome, Brenda and thank you for dropping by for a sweet Sunday visit. Oh yes, it is always fun to be squirrely . Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead for you. Enjoy! Thank you for the cute new sampler. Those pumpkins are really cute! I've been shopping for a stuffed squirrel for my sewing room. Seems appropriate with how easily I get distracted. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time this weekend, Ginny - very busy though. Aah thank you so much on my new mini sampler . I think it will be a fun stitch. Oh a stuffed squirrel would be darling for your quilt room. I wish the stores had more squirrel decor out. I love squirrels. Have a great week and hope you find some squirrels to chase. I am sure I will. Hee! Hee!

      Delete
  14. Cute new pumpkins! Great squirrel finish, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susan. I have been working on the pumpkin sampler this weekend. I hope to finish it soon. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday