Blog Archive

Monday, September 11, 2023

A Weekend at the Lake

Good afternoon, ya'll.  Oh what a busy weekend , we had. This past Thursday, Mr. Pinker and I loaded up the camper and boat   and headed to the lake just a few miles down the road. 
The grandson and nephew joined the school fishing team and were in their 1st tournament.  Eeh! How exciting! Well it was for them, and we are always ready to watch them enjoy their hobbies and sports.
Beautiful card from, dear Joan. 
 
There were 305 boats in the tournament with teams of 2 and a captain on each boat. The boys were up and ready by 3:00 a.m. in the  morning and by daybreak the boats were launched. 
Fishing this time of the year on our lake is pretty tough, but that did not discourage them.  They caught one fish, but unfortunately it was 1 inch too small. 🎣🐟Though the boys did not place, they had a ball and are excited about the next tournament which will be in October. Hmm that might mean another camping trip. We will see. Lol. 
While at the lake, we enjoyed watching the boys swim and run around and have a grand time. On  Friday night, my youngest daughter came home for a visit and spent time at the camp as well. She will be here for a week or so which will be so nice. 
 
With all that was going on,  I did  complete a few small projects. 

I finished the embroidery of Boo Wagon. I used the back stitch and DMC 310. 


Another finish was  Lizzie Kate's Scare A Crow from the Flip It Series- Halloween Rules .  
I did change the colors though. If you are interested in the floss colors  I used , they were DMC 898, 310, white, 3345, 782, 783, 975, 301 & 3857. The seeds in the sunflower and the veins in the leaves , I left unstitched. It was such a fun stitch, Thank you , Joan for the sweet gift. πŸ€—

My friend PJ sent me a package choked full of patriotic charts. I immediately began working on Little House Needleworks's Americana Petites. Isn't this patriotic penny rug stitch a cutie patootie?
 I did make a few boo boos, but I am ok with it since I was way too far into the stitch before I realized it. 
I have a slight start on the next Americana Petite which will be "Liberty".  Thank you so much , dear PJ. πŸ€—

On the quilting front , I worked on quilting  Butterfly Kisses. 

I have 5 more blocks to go. 


I worked on the border corner last night. 

Now onto the plans for the week. 

 Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were... 

✅🌞1. Pull out more fall quilts to decorate with . 

❌🌞2. Piece more flag blocks.

  

 Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 

🌞1. Quilt on border in the  Summer Days Quilt.

🌞2. Quilt at least 1 block in my Butterfly Kisses quilt.

🌞3. Start a new cross stitch saltbox house.

🌞4. Post a new cross stitch. 

🌞5. Enjoy time with my daughter. We will take her out to eat one night.


πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚πŸ‚ 

Well that's what's been going on in the holler this past weekend. Baseball season starts today. So Mr. Pinker and I will be off to the ball field this evening. 
Have a super afternoon. 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Memories at the lake will last a lifetime. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

My quilt for Amy in progress. 

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . Love and miss you, Amo 


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 



Always remember 9/11. Please  remember those who were lost and keep their families,  all 1st responders and  military in your prayers . God Bless the USA. 












28 comments:

  1. Such great participation in the fishing competition with 305 boats, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the 1st tournament that I have ever attended. It was amazing to see all of the people and boats. It was a great event. Two young ladies in high school won with a weight of 18 lbs. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Thank you for the sweet visit. Jenny. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Your butterfly quilt is so cute! A fishing tournament sounds like a good way to get a lot of stitching in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful weekend for us all. Luckily our camper was right on the lake so we could watch any action that came our way. Thank you for the sweet visit, Gretchen . Have a lovely evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend and you were still able to get in a few stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a relaxing and fun filled weekend and watching the kiddos made it even better. I was surprised I was able to get so much completed. I guess that is the great thing about hand stitching - you can talk and stitch while you visit. Lol. Thank you for dropping by for a Monday visit, Vicki. Hugs

      Delete
  4. I never knew there was such a thing as a fishing team! Hope the boys had fun. That "Scare a Crow" design is adorable, too, Melisa - that's the kind of fun we stitchers like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I didn't know there were fishing teams at schools either. Our school doesn't have one, but there is a school in the county that does so the boys were able to join that team. There were teams from all over; it was a learning experience for us all. Thank you for the kind words on Scare A Crow, Diann. It was a fun little stitch. Have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. It was such a wonderful weekend, Pat and having my daughter come home for a visit made it even better. The whole family enjoyed watching the tournament at the lake and afterwards we grilled out . I was a little surprised how much stitching I was able to complete. Lol. Thank you for the sweet afternoon visit. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Monday, dear Sandra . Aaah , you are so very kind and thank you for your sweet visit and for brightening my day. Oh, I do get so excited as I approach the finish line on a quillt and sometimes I feel a bit sad too because I will miss working on it. But then I am off to the next project. Lol. I told hubby today, I am already dreaming of the next butterfly quilt. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounded like you had a fun-filled weekend, Melisa! Know you are enjoying the time with your younger daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a ball, Robin. Most of the family gathered together and we had a big cookout after the tournament. It is nice to have the youngest home for a visit. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. At least the boys had a great time with the fishing, that's more important than winning. Such fun stitching projects. For not getting much done, you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Kate. It was all a learning experience for them since this was their 1st tournament. They are already excited about the next one. Thankyou so much for the sweet visit. Happy Tuesday

      Delete
  9. Aren’t grandbabies just the BEST…Love your butterfly quilt. Have a great day my friend. πŸ§‘πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there is nothing like the grandbabies that is for sure. Aaah thank you so much for the kind words on my butterfly quilt, Patti. I am seeing the light toward a finish. Lol. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. How fun the weekend was! Great family time, and you even managed to stitch and quilt! Pretty autumn embroideries, and Butterflies is coming along beautifully. Love that cute quilted heart on the corner ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a grand weekend at the lake. It was even more special have most of the family together. Aah thank you so much about my butterfly quilt. I free handed the heart in the corner. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. 305 boats sounds like it was a big tournament. Then baseball, too. You are so blessed to have your gr'kids close to get to be involved in their lives. Good for you for getting some stitching done. The fishing card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a first for me to see in respect to the tournament, Ginny . It was amazing to see all of the boats. I am so happy that my daughter keeps the boys active and I feel so fortunate that they live close by. Now if I could just convince my youngest daughter to move back. Lol . Isn't that card the cutest? I am going to frame that one. Happy Tuesday, sweet friend.

      Delete
  12. You had a very busy weekend. Love your stitching on the LHN projects. My daughter arrived last Saturday for a nice long visit this week. Family time is the BEST time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Jeanna, enjoy every minute with your daughter. Mine will be in through the weekend and then she will be heading back to her home.  I love stitching Little House Needleworks designs. I can not tell you how many WIPS I have of LHN and I enjoy each and every stitch. Thank you for the sweet Tuesday visit. Hugs. 

      Delete
  13. What a wonderful fun camping trip. Fishing is fun even if you don't catch anything. So glad the boys are pumped about the next tournament! The Butterfly quilt is coming along. I love how you are quilting the border. Enjoy time with your daughter this week, time passes all too quickly! Have a great week and thanks for linking with Monday Musings! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol the boys had a ball, Brenda. The were going full force through the night even having woke up so early. I am enjoying the Butterfly quilt so much. I am nearing a finish and am already dreaming of the next quilt. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Have a super day. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Isabel. I had a pretty productive weekend considering how busy we were. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  15. ooh you were at a lake too! Ours wasn't quit as busy as yours, but it looks like you had a lovely time! Your butterfly quilt is looking gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time at the lake, Joy. I had never seen so many boats. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and the kind words on my butterfly quilt. Have a great weekend.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods