Blog Archive

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Truckin' on Down the Road.

Howdy, ya'll  and Welcome! 

Mr. Pinker and I are packing are bags and heading out on a camping trip.This will be the 1st trip since Mr. Pinker's surgery. We both are looking forward to it.  It is going to be hot,  but we will enjoy every minute of being out and about. 

Of course, I will be taking a bit of stitching to entertain me while Mr. Pinker is out on the lake. 

One project I will be  working on is  this little Halloween doodle called Boo Wagon. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, but I am sure it will make its way into a small quilt. I may add some more doodles to go with it.  

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ 

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ 


My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect.  How fun it would be for you to turn some of your doodles into something special. 

UPDATE:  I finished the embroidery work on Boo Wagon. Now to figure out what to do with this little embroidery. ๐Ÿ˜€ - Sept. 11, 2023

I finished the Sunflower Basket  embroidery into a pillow. The Sunflower Basket is from my Summer Days quilt, but on this block I color tinted it with crayons. 


Ida Mae Crow which is next to the Sunflower Basket was stitched years ago. It is a Goode Huswife design from 2009. 

 I was looking at the little 4 patch quilt  which is folded on the bench and was thinking that I would like to create a new one in yellows. 

So yesterday , I skirted  to the  Quilt Nest, and in a jiffy I was pulling fabrics and cutting up a storm.

Isn't this turkey darling? 

Soon my 4 patches were constructed.  I was going to stop there and piece the top later  ,but this is such a quick quilt that I pressed on.

Originally, I had planned to piece  yellow 4 patches, but changed my mind at the last minute. 

 In  a few short hours the little quilt top was completed. Hmm, I think I will call this quilt "Country Fixins'" . Something about it reminds me of my Nanny  in the kitchen whippin ' up cornbread and country side dishes. 

Here are the measurements just in case you are interested in whipping up one of your own. I am not including a tutorial . This is an easy peasey quilt.  

My quilt top measured  22 1/2" x 22 1/2" unfinished

MEASUREMENTS & CUTTING

๐Ÿงต RED FABRIC -Cut 18- 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"

๐Ÿงต GREEN FABRIC- Cut 18- 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"

๐Ÿงต YELLOW FABRIC-  Cut  4  4 1/2 " x 4 1/2"

๐ŸงตCut 2- 7" x 7" . ( Cut each square on the diagonal creating an x) - These are the side triangles

๐ŸงตCut 2  -3 3/4" x 3 3/4"  ( Cut each square down the diagonal once) . These are the corner triangles.

๐ŸงตBORDER FABRIC- I suggest measuring your top before cutting the border fabric. Mine measured 16 1/2" squared so  I  cut 2- strips 3 1/2 " x 16 1/2"   and 2 strips measuring 3 1/2" x 22 1/2" 

๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต๐Ÿงต

Well that's all from the holler. Later in the evening after the grandbabes leave, we will be trucking down the road.  

If I have service , I may post what Mr. Pinker and I get into. Hmmm I am thinking relaxation on the lake and maybe a thrift store or two. Lol not very exciting is it? But it strikes my fancy. Hee ! Hee!  Have a super day. 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Beautiful things come together one stitch at a time. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

This is the 2nd quilt that was draped over the bench. Hmm. Maybe I need another 9 patch too. 

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo .


 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Susan at Quilt Fabrication for  Midweek Makers Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday












44 comments:

  1. Little quilts do stitch up fast and easy. For some reason I always seem to make large quilts. Have a lovely time vacationing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, little quilts are instant satisfaction in most cases. I always have a little quilt in the works and big ones too. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Gretchen. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. What a cute little quilt! Safe travels and enjoy the lake time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Deb and it was a super quick mini to piece as well. We are having a delightful time at the lake. I hope your weekend is a great one as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful time on your get away! Hope you can camp somewhere cool. We're headed to IL - sadly, it's suppose to be 101 - heaven only knows what the heat factor will be!
    Love your little quilts - when we finally get to FL for the winter, I'm thinking of taking your ideas and making little garden flags - keeping them OUT of the sun of course so they won't fade. Especially some of your embroidery squares. Probably won't happen until after Christmas - gotta get those gifts done! Have a great day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Donna . Safe travels as you make your way up to IL. Wheew that is hot! I hope it is not too muggy there as well. The heat has crept up on us and today was a hot one. But we enjoyed being out and about . What a great idea on making little garden flags for the season. That would be a fun winter project too. I am so glad you reminded me about getting Christmas projects and gifts done. I need to get on the stick as well. Have a great weekend and try to stay cool. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Gosh Melissa! Your house must be like a quilt shop - you have such lovely fabrics!
    Have a great vacation, look forward to reading what you both get up to. Hope Mr Pinker is well after his surgery. Hugs, Barbara @flashinscissors xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, dear Barbara and Happy Friday. Well I was quite lucky to have been gifted those fabrics from my sweet nephew and his dad. He brought over bags of fabric which I am still going through. I always enjoy the little scraps and finding uses for them. Mr. Pinker is doing well and is making progress each day. It has been great to be able to get away and just relax and have fun. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your little vacation trip--stay safe on your travels;))
    I love your little quilt--so pretty in those colors--and the blackbird cross stitch is a hoot!! hahaha
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Julierose. We are having a fabulous time. It feels like this vacation has been long overdue. Gosh it is hard to resist a crow in a dress! Lol. It was a fun stitch. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet yellow 4-patch quilt. Have a great getaway. Sounds boring? If it's what makes you & Mr. Pinker happy, then by all means have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susie. It was a fun little quilt to work on and I was excited to use up some of my scraps. Lol we are having a fabulous time . We are always on the go and then come into camp whenever we want to sit about. Of course I brought quilting and stitching to work on - now that always keeps me entertained. Hee Hee! Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs. 

      Delete
  7. You were so right to make that quilt in yellow, it looks so pretty with those colors. I love the "Boo Wagon" stitch design, can't wait to see what you'll make with it! Enjoy your camping trip with Mr. Pinker!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Diana. It is amazing how a quilt will have a different feel and look just by changing the colors. I am looking forward to adding this quilt to the hoop soon. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and I hope you have a very lovely weekend.

      Delete
  8. You new little Four Patch quilt is adorable! Love that bright yellow. The Sunflower Basket makes a pretty little pillow. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/23/wednesday-wait-loss-342

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Jennifer. Thank you so much for the kind words on my little four patch. It was a quick little mini to work on and I am looking forward to quilting it here soon. Have a fabulous weekend and Happy quilting. Hugs

      Delete
  9. Nothing better than being in the camper, no matter the location. The Halloween doodle is super cute and so is the new 4-patch quilt. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Jeanna. I so agree. There is something about just getting away from all of the things that you think you have to do at home. I always come back feeling refreshed after camping. Thank you so much for the kind words on my little doodle and quilt. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Your camping trip sounds heavenly!! Just what we need to break up the summer chores!! Enjoy your time away, looking forward to you telling us all of your adventures. Halloween Doodle is adorable. Thanks so much. Sending warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, dear Mary. I have been looking forward to this camping trip for sometime. Though it has been hot it sure has been fun to be able to get away from those the hustle and bustle back home. Have a beautiful weekend, Sweetie and thank you for dropping by for a visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Love your Halloween doodle. Wish I had the skill and patience to quilt... maybe I should stick with cross stitch ๐Ÿ™‚.
    Enjoy your camping trip it's always nice to take a break and get away. In 4 weeks we are
    heading to Pickwick landing SP for a lengthy stay. Hubby is fishing for smallmouth if Mr Pinker knows of any honey holes, please share. Lol.
    Safe travels. Cindyls5462

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Cindy , I sure hope you have fun when ya'll head to Pickwick. It has been a blue moon since we have been down there, but hubby was talking about maybe going there with the grandson and nephew in the next few months . I wish you hubby great success. I love it down there. We stayed in the SP the last time we went too. You will have to take you some projects to enjoy as he is fishing. Hopefully it will not be too hot . I hope you will let me know how your trip goes. Thank you for the sweet visit and kind words on my doodle. Hugs

      Delete
  12. Have a grand camping trip and (hopefully) some worthwhile treasure hunting. While you're gone, I'll just have to check out your favorite links. You gave us a nice long list to keep us busy. Oh, Melisa, I have to tell you that when I saw your Halloween doodle, I laughed out loud! Such a friendly trio of Jack-O-Lanterns in the wagon. I can see them rolling down the street, down the hill, and right up on my front porch. Those pumpkins are so doodle-darn cute! Kris ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy happy Friday, dear Kris. We are having a super time on our trip though it is hot as blazes. We have relaxed by the lake and have gone to a few thrift shops as well. But what is the best is just plain getting away from the house for awhile. Lol. Aah I am so tickled you like my little doodle. I always enjoy a trio of happy jacks come Halloween time. Speaking of Jacks, I found a ceramic jack at the thrift store today that you put a candle in- it is not old but it reminded me of my childhood when my mom would put out a pair. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Stitching up that new little quilt TOP took you no time at all! Happy Camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure didn't , Jenny. It was almost instant gratification. Now to get to the task of quilting it. Hmmm it shouldn't take too long. Lol Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Those classic quilt block patterns are good for repeating any time, I say. The newest 4patch is great in that bright colorway. Thanks for the Boo doodle stitch. So cute! The sunflower pillow looks so comfy and Ida Mae Crow is quite a diva in that flowered dress! I hope you two have a wonderfully relaxing time with whatever mischief you get up to. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Ginny. I agree - I love a good ole' four patch quilt. I think the four patch and nine patch are two of my favorite blocks. It was a delight to work on this little quilt and to use up some of the scraps as well. Isn't Ida the cutest ? And her dress- well I wouldn't mind have a bright yellow dress like that myself. Thank you so much , dear Ginny for the sweet visit. Have a super weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Did you know that Ida Mae has a fella? I looked her up and came across Ira Ray Crow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I sure am going to have to get my hands on Ira Ray ( love that name) . Ida looks mighty lonely there by herself. Lol Thank you , dear Ginny. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Everything is beautiful, but thank you for the wonderful Pumpkin Wagon design! I probably have enough pumpkins, mine and others, appliquรฉ and embroidery, to make a nice-sized quilt. One of these days. Love the 4-patch with yellow, too.

    I know you are already having a great camp out, and looking forward to the peace. It takes me back to a favorite mountain campground in northern Arizona where Paul and I spent many a summer week, and sometimes longer. The hosts were our friends, and we'd play Mexican Train Dominoes. Or sometimes Paul would go down and play, leaving the generator on to run my sewing machine for six hours of pure bliss sewing time. Miss those days. Have a wonderful time, whatever the two of you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, dear Susan and Happy Friday. I sure hope you have had a lovely week and have been able to get in some piecing. Thank you so much for the kind words on my Halloween doodle. I have been working on it at the campground. You have such warm memories of your camping days with dear hubby; I know you cherish them so much. I think that would be divine, camping , enjoying friendship and having time to quilt as well. I hope someday that I and hubby will get to experience the same as you and Paul did. Thank you for the sweet visit. and have a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing what you have been up to . Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Have lots and lots of fun! A get awayis always so good for the soul. Love your Halloween doodle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Darlene. We are having a ball ; I have been needing this getaway for some time and I think hubby has too. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Thank you, Melisa! I hope you and Mr. Pinker have a grand old time! I'm sure you will enjoy the time away together and I hope Mr. Pinker catches a lot of fish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Brenda. We have been having a fabulous time though it is as hot as the blue blazes. I hope you are staying cool and are enjoying some fabulous time in the quilt room. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. No fish yet. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Trรจs jolie cette nouvelle courtepointe ,bravo !
    Bonnes vacances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Monique. I so appreciate your kind words on my mini quilt . It was a joy to work on. I am looking forward to quilting it very soon. We are having a wonderful time on our weekend getaway. I hope you have a delightful weekend as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  20. This mini yellow quilt is so cute and cheerful, it's a lovely addition to your home decor.
    Enjoy your camping trip, relaxing on the lake and visiting thrift stores is a good program ;)
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so kind Frederque. Thank you so much for the kind words and visit. It was such a lovely trip and I feel refreshed after a short break. I hope you are having a lovely week.

      Delete
  21. Ohh Yay for a trip!! I hope you enjoy every minute of it!! - your halloween doodles are so cute!! That will be fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Alycia. It is always nice to get away for a bit and take time to relax and refresh. I hope you have had a lovely week.

      Delete
  22. Perfect use for that yellow print in Country Fixins. It's super cute. Congrats on your finish. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kathy. I was thrilled to be able to use up a few of my scraps that was recently gifted to me. I look forward to quilting it very soon. Have a very lovely weekend.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods