Blog Archive

Friday, December 31, 2021

Winter- A Winter Freebie or Two.

Good morning, sweetie pies. It's almost here ! A brand new year. Oh, what will it have in store? It just has to be a good one. 

I have had a pretty productive week in the quilt room playing with lots of scraps.

 This past Fall I created a little bench quilt called, " Fall "  . I was over the moon with it  so I thought why not create another one with the Winter theme.

First, I was going to embroider it. Then I thought why not wool applique, but alas not enough wool for that . So I grabbed a handful of scraps mostly in from shirtings and went to town doing a little needleturn applique. 

This little quilt evolved from a bench quilt to a small wall quilt.

 I am thrilled with it.  It will be going into the hoop very soon. 

Click here if you are interested in the doodle for your crafting pleasure.


 This is not a tutorial, but I will give you the measurements that used for mine. 

 Measurements for Winter Quilt  

-Background Fabric: 6 1/2" x 15 1/2"  

-Assorted scraps: Cut  24 - 3 " squares 

-Assorted scraps for applique

-Border fabric for sides- Cut 2 - 2 " x 16 1/2"

-Border for Top & Bottom- Cut 2- 2" x 18 1/2"

Not only was the quilt inspired by my Fall Quilt, but it was also modeled after a little stitch that I designed last year. I only got around to stitching it the other day.  Can I tell you that I love it? !!!

For the Winter Pillow, I trimmed the cross stitch piece to measure 7 1/2" x 3 1/2"  which includes the 1/4" seam allowance.  For the scrappy pillow bottom , I cut 7 - 1 1/2" x 3" strips and pieced them together. Vintage lace trim gifted to me by my friend, Pat, was used as embellishment. Thank you , Pat for thinking of me. 

If you are interested just check out the links below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart and not downloads.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the instruction page.

Click here for the charts. 



Click here for the black/ white  Enlarged chart page 1. 


Click here for the colored chart. 

Click here for the black/ white  Enlarged chart page 2. 


Well these are my finishes for the week. I think I will be welcoming in the new year with a snowman stitch . 

 Are you going to have a New Year's start or work on a WIP?  I think I may do both. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿงต Thank you so much for the sweet visit and happy new years. As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Trust the magic of new beginnings .

Hugs and Stitches  and warm winter wishes !!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy. Love ya.

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Alycia's of Alycia Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Rebecca Grace at Rebecca Grace Quilting for TGIFF- Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting   for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday













31 comments:

  1. Merci pour cette jolie grille d'hiver
    Bon rรฉveillon et bonne annรฉe 2022

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Monique for the sweet visit and compliment. I sure hope that you enjoy this little chart. Have a blessed new year and happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Your little winter applique quilt is so cute! Happy stitching into the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen. I just loved working on it and it was a quick quilt to piece up. Happy quilting and happy New year.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for both stitching patterns! So cute!
    A Happy and Blessed New Year!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Donna and thank you so much dear. I had a ball working on both of these. I hope to add more to my snowman collection. Have a blessed day and a Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. Love the new blog header, Melisa! Snow much fun! Thank you for the winter design as well. I always start a new project on January 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I feverishly pulled out my snowmen last night and decorated the buffet with a little winter stitching for the change over. I think I am going to start a Bent Creek Snowman tonight. I look forward to hearing what you start. Happy New Years.

      Delete
  5. Cute quilt!!! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Penny. I had so much fun creating that little quilt. I think I will figure out a Spring one too. I might even start on it early rather than waiting til the last minute. Lol. Have a blessed day, my dear and Happy New Year.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the new free patterns! What are the names of the 3 little houses in one frame in your new header photo? Very cute!

    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gail. The 3 houses is Waxing Moon Designs Winter House Trio. I loved stitching it. There are houses for each season and some of the holidays. They are so much fun to stitch. Thank you again for the sweet visit and Happy New Year.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the information. Now off to search them out!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the chart. Going to start it as my New Year's project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so honored , Dawn . Thank you so much for bringing a smile to my day. I sure hope that you enjoy it. Wishing you a blessed new year. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Merci Mรฉlisa pour ce charmant modรจle. L'hiver sur une toile je l'aime beaucoup, mais seulement sur une toile...
    Vos courtepointes sont magnifiques.
    Bon rรฉveillon et avec un peu d'avance une belle et douce annรฉe 2022 avec plein de projets.
    Amitiรฉs de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Christel. I truly appreciate your kind words and for sweet visits. I really enjoyed working on both the quilt and the stitch. I hope you have a very blessed new year. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. So lovely, and I really appreciate you sharing your designs with us all. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jenny. You are always so supportive and encouraging. I hope you have a very happy New Year as well. Happy quilting and stitching

      Delete
  10. I am so glad I found your blog this past year and look forward to reading it this coming year! Thank you so much for your fun patterns - I've stitched quite a few so far and plan to stitch more. Starting with this wondeful Winter pattern. The forecast for my area says we could get up to 10" of snow tomorrow and I'm so excited. I love, love, love a good snowstorm and we just don't get them much anymore. Nothing like we did when I was little and remember walking along the tops of snowdrifts and over the fences. It was a winter wonderland - a whole new world to explore. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so touched that you enjoy my little blog and that you have stitched some of my humble designs. I truly appreciate it. I hope that you enjoy this little stitch. It would be perfect to stitch with snow on horizon. Ten inches would be a winter wonderland. We do not get the snows like we used to either. It is so nice to see the white stuff every now and then. I hope you have a very blessed new years and enjoy that snow. Lol Happy Stitching

      Delete
  11. What a sweet little quilt. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work and very generous of you to share the designs. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year & Wishing you all the Blessings 2022 has to offer.
    Thanks for your designs. Your generosity is appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love visiting your blog to read about and enjoy your productivity and huge sharing heart. Thank you for being you!!!

    Tomorrow I will work on a x-stitch WIP, possibly start a new project, a little applique stitching, a little embroidery and time at my machine. I want to do a little of everything I want to enjoy in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this little winter pillow. It is definitely going to be top in my rotation.Thank you so much. Happy New Year. I finished 3 saltbox house pillows for my stister. She loves them as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very Happy New Year to you and your sweet family. It was very noisy here last night but today is quite and uneventful. The weather is very cool for Arizona, it was 33* last night with a freeze warning and we had a hard rain about 1 am! and tonight is the same warning! I am ready for sun and a little warmth. Love your sweet Winter designs, just the ticket for my "new" old dough bowl (trench). Many warm hugs and much love from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet little Winter quilt! Thanks for the pattern, and the cross stitch version is cute too.
    Happy New Year!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for more cute patterns love them starting winter right now as need a break from the larger stitch I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. BINARY SCAM RECOVERY

    ❌ Binary Option, Forex and their likes are a means of making money but it’s more like gambling. There are no sure means to guarantee that a person could make profit with them and that’s why it can also be reasoned to be scam. Let’s not forget that some individuals even give you �� % guarantee of making profits and end up running away with your money. The internet today is full of Binary Option Recovery Scam, you see so much testimonies been shared about how a firm or Company helped them recover what they lost to Binary Options. But believe it, it’s just a way to lure more people and end up scamming them.

    ❌ You might have also come across some individuals that say they will give you guarantee on successful trades but they only end up as SCAMMERS as well. You here them say stuffs like 200% guaranteed in just 2 weeks and when you go into trade with them, they start telling you to pay profits percentage before you can get your income. These are all liars please avoid them. But if you have been a victim of this guys, then you should contact FIRMWARE now‼️

    ✳️The big Question is “Can someone Recover their money lost to Binary Option and Scam⁉️
    I will say yes, and will tell you how.

    The only way to Recovery your money back is by hiring HACKERS to help you break into the Firms Database Security System using the information you provide them with, Extract your file and get back your money. It seems like a really impossible thing to do, I will tell you, it should be impossible, but with the use of specially designed softwares known to HACKERS and Authorities (such as The FBI, CIA e.t.c) it is possible and the only way to recover your money.

    ✅FIRMWARE are a group of hackers who use their hacking skill to hunt down SCAMMERS and help individuals recovery their money from Internet SCAMMERS.
    We just need the contact details of the SCAMMERS and Paymnet Info and within 4-8 hours your money will be return to you.

    ✳️ You can contact us via the emails below-:
    firmwarehacks@gmail.com


    We also provide Legit Hacking Services such as-:
    ��Phone Hacking/Cloning
    ��Email Hacking & Password Recovery
    ��Social Media Hacking & Passowrd Recovery
    ��Deleted Files Recovery ��Mobil Tracking
    ��Virus detection & Elimination.

    Email-: firmwarehacks@gmail.com




    Firmware
    2022 © All Right Reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mes meilleurs vล“ux pour cette annรฉe 2022 ! Et merci pour toutes ces jolies choses ! Bon week-end, Martine

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour