Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Full Fledged Christmas Mode


Good afternoon, sweeties. I'm in full fledged Christmas mode . What about you? I have been bustling around the house like many of you getting ready for the big day. Amidst of all the hustle and bustle, I have been watching Christmas movies and squeezing in some last minute Christmas stitching. 

Last night I stitched "Joy" a freebie from Nebby Needle which is available on her Facebook.


 Today while watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles , I was able to stitch this teeny freebie from Heart in Hand Needleart which was in a previous newsletter.  It is called "Merry". I used DMC white, 895, 3347 and 304 in my stitching. 


 I haven't pulled out tonight's freebie stitch to work on yet. Hmmm. I need to see what strikes my fancy. Are your needles on fire with Christmas stitching?  I sure hope you are doing something that makes your heart sing. 
 As for me, I better get on the stick and figure out something to stitch soon ( flying by the seat of my pants again. Lol)   

First, however,  there is a "rumbly in my tumbly" so I am fixing to pull out Lizzy , my Kitchen Aid mixer, and my  mixing bowls.

 It is baking time and White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are calling my name. I have never tried this recipe , but boy do they sound yummy to my tummy. 

WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES
YIELDS: 
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter; softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar; packed
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup of white chocolate chip 
DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl,  cream together butter and  sugars until well combined.Add egg and vanilla . Beat until smooth. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating well. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips. Shape dough into  1 1/2 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove to wire racks to cool.   

I  also thought I would also share some Christmas around the house. Today is the foyer hall. 


Most of my  doors are adorned with my children's Christmas pjs and dresses from years ago as well as red long johns. I add little wreaths or even stitching to hang with the clothing. 

They always bring back such good memories. These long johns were my Papa's though I never saw him wear them. 😀 They definitely weren't his style. Lol. But I think they are oh so cute!!!

 This little stitch called "Merry & Minty "  is from Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread  and was a freebie last year.  It can be found on her facebook.


 I finished mine on a little metal sign that I painted. 

The little tree is decorated in a Cowboy theme.
 
 
It is nestled in an old enamelware bucket gifted to me by my sister.  Beads , raffia and cowboy Santas adorn this tree. 

 
I just love collecting items for this tree. The child's cowboy hat was a souvenier from Buffalo Bill's  Ranch State  Historical Park in North Platte, Nebraska. 

 Lots of quilts and Dollar Tree signs adorn the shutters.


 I have 3 shutters of various sizes leaned against the wall. I drape my quilts on them each season. 

The shelf is filled with lots and lots of country Christmas clutter.


 It is usually decorated the same each year.


 Each of the shelves is crammed full of porcelain Santas that my mom and I purchased in the 1990's from Dollar General. I wish they still made items like this and of this quality.


Well that is my country clutter tour and ramble for the day. 

 I hope you are having a very joyous week and are able to spend the holidays with family or friends. Please, know that you are very special  to me ,and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. 

Eeeh! tomorrow is a Frosty Redwork day!  I'm excited. See you tomorrow. Big hugs and as always...


 Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Remember " You are awesome!" 


All you need is love and Christmas cookies. 

Gingerbread hugs and stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister , Amy who embraced the Christmas spirit. Love ya, Amo. 











12 comments:

  1. Your two newest finishes are so cute, Melisa! Love the Joy one so much. And I enjoyed your Christmas home tour, too--what a fun and festive home! Those cookies sound a lot like ones I make, but mine have a Tablespoon of brandy, too :) Merry Christmas, my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. Joy stitched up so fast and I loved every minute of it. Your cookies sound very interesting. These turned out amazing. Have a very Merry Christmas. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas,to you and your family. Your displays are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Sue . You are so very kind. Today was a cleaning day plus trying to straighten up some of the little displays before the family comes over. I just love Christmas time and want to put decorate everything. Lol . Have a very Merry Christmas, Sue and wishing a blessed new year.

      Delete
  3. Quelle est la différence entre une courtepointe, un édredon et une couverture??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for asking. A quilt is made of 3 layers - the top, the middle ( some sort of batting) and a backing. The quilting is the threads that keeps the 3 layers together . A comforter though it has 3 layers is usually fluffier and does not have the amount of quilting that a quilt would have which makes a quilt lay flat. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and I wish you a very Merry Christmas

      Delete
  4. I love seeing your "country clutter" at Christmas! Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Donna. I have been collecting for many years. It is always fun to pull these pieces out and reminisce a bit. Have a very Merry Christmas to you and your family

      Delete
  5. I love seeing your decor! Love the quilts next to the cowboy tree! So cute!We only got dollar general stores in the last 10 years of so in Texas. They are fun to shop at but the ones near me are in sketchy parts of town. I have to put on brave girl britches to visit them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Rosemary for the sweet visit and kinds words. I just cracked up when you said you have to put your brave girl britches on to visit DG.That is about how they are here too. What we will do in search of treasures. Lol. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  6. I love all your clutter. And thank you for always sharing. If you are in a hurry for a cookie try using one roll of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, soften and crumble up, 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries and 1/3 cup chopped pecans. Mix. Bake per pkg. Yum in no time...
    A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Twyla, those cookies sound so delicious and a lot quicker too. I am definitely going to put that of my cookie baking list. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my country clutter. I have been collecting for years. Lol. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, my dear.thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour