Blog Archive

Friday, December 3, 2021

New Starts and Thrifty Finds

Welcome ya'll and happy Friday.   Are you gearing up for a fun and productive weekend? I sure hope so. Today starts Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts-  Quilt Archaelogy "Glad Tidings" Sew Along. I started mine last night.

 Little four patches and half square triangles were pieced though I alternated the colors compared to Pam's Quilt.  I have been playing with the layout.

 I am tempted to stitch this baby up today even though the event lasts for 3 weeks. I may hold back though. 

I went thrifting this week and the quilt gods were shining down on me. I purchased 2 little Christmas quilts for just a couple of bucks each and guess what . They are hand quilted!!! 

             

 The first one is a Santa Claus quilt with sweet pine trees. 

               

Santa 's hat even sports a jingle bell. 

               

The 2nd quilt is a little appliqued pine tree quilt. So pretty and love those country fabrics. 

Last night , I worked into the wee hours of the morning to finish a little cross stitch. This is a Prairie Schooler which I stitched a few years ago. 

I just used some scrap fabrics, Dollar Tree twine and lace and stitched it into a pin pillow/ ornament. This St. Nick will be joining my tree shortly.

          

I am dreaming of a new Christmas quilt. My sweet friend Connie sent me some gorgeous novelty fabrics to play with. 

I am keeping it short and sweet today. I hope ya'll have a Fantastic Friday as you are gearing up for the Christmas holiday. 

 Happy Quilting and Stitching, ya'll

Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Alycia's of Alycia Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

All I want for Christmas is more time to quilt !!!

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who loved Christmas just as much as I do. I miss and love you.



I love this ornament , Shelly . Thank you so much. 














17 comments:

  1. I checked out Glad Tidings on Pam's blog. I think I'd go ahead and sew it up. Maybe you'd have time for hand quilting before Christmas? It's a cutie, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be a quick one, Gretchen. I have been working on it today and I think I am going to do as you suggest. I sure would like to have it completed by Christmas. Have a great weekend and thank you.

      Delete
  2. I love those novelty fabrics. I had a couple including the Hello Kitty, which I still have!
    Thank you for the new stitchy patterns.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the cutest? I don't know which one to dive into first . Both Rudolph and the Grinch is calling my name. Lol. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and comment, Donna. Have a very blessed day.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful post, Melisa! Your blocks for the quilt along are darling. Good finds at the thrift shop! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Robin and thank you so much. I was so excited to get the little quilts. I keep auditioning them in different spots in my home. They will find a resting spot soon. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Those little quilts were a great find. Looks like you have lots of fabric to keep you busy. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. I was over the moon finding those little quilts and I can not wait to dive into the fabric. I hope you have a very lovely weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  5. Yo-yo's!!! Oh you are a girl after my heart. Nice touch on St Nick ornament. (every thing else is also wonderful!!)
    Did you know.....when I visit your blog I always always end up with a smile on my face? Bless you Melisa for sharing with us your time, talent and huge heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you just warmed my heart and brought a big ole' smile to my evening, Maureen . Thank you so much. Lol I am on the verge of getting on a yoyo kick. I had so much fun making the teeny ones for my ornament ; I was thinking of a little holiday yoyo mat. Doesn't that sound fun? lol. Have a fabulous and blessed weekend my dear and big hugs.

      Delete
    2. Fun? oh YES! I have made several circle shape mats with different holiday fabrics and used yo- yo's around the edge. Have you seen the Clover yo yo makers? Once I got the hang of using them I found them faster for me. My old fingers aren't as nimble has they used to be

      Delete
  6. The quilt gods were indeed looking out for your, Melisa. Love the Santa and Christmas tree one. Your Glad Tidings Sew Along looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely you could adopt those two quilts, that someone put a lot of time into. Enjoy your stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy holiday post! I love the little quilts you adopted, and your cross stitch ornament. Good luck with the new little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty little quilts, and wonderful novelty fabrics to play with! Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Hitching Up the Wagons and Heading South...