Blog Archive

Sunday, December 12, 2021

The Grand Plan

 Good frosty morning, friends. Welcome! 

                

Are you ready for another Slow Stitching Sunday? I certainly am. In fact, I have made a grand plan not only for the day , but  for the week.😃 You wanta hear it? 

First - My sweet friend, Sandie sent me some sweet gingerbread men. I have them prepped for a little blanket stitching and embellishing. 

I have 2 ideas on creating another block to go with the gingerbread men, but haven't decided which idea to run with yet. 


Second. I would love to finish this freebie called Peace, Joy, Love  from Lizzie Kate. 

Third- Since I completed piecing "Glad Tidings" in Pam Buda's Glad Tidings Sew Along, this little baby will be going in a hoop today. I need to find backing first. 

Dear Patricia and I have been working on Plum Street Sampler's Mary's Sampler. I forgot how slow I am on black . Lol . But Eeeh! I got the green completed last night. I think I want to jump into the center for some of the fun motifs. 

               

The number one thing on my agenda for today is snowglobes. The grandbabies and nephews will be gathering for a fun filled evening of crafting . All the supplies is gathered . 

For Design Wall Monday and Monday Making, I hope to steam ahead with four patch construction. I  may throw in some nine patches as well. 

And finally I want to have a new start or two this week. I have a stack of charts by my stitching chair, but I am leaning toward Little House Needleworks- "Blessed is the Life" .


 Dear Nancy, was very kind to me,  and I was able to purchase these 3 charts.  I have always admired "My Dwelling Place" . Thank you , Nancy. 


So have you laid out your grand plan for the day and the week? Come on! Let's get to moving and grooving on all that we want to do. We got this !!!!  As always...

Happy stitching , ya'll. 

Melisa

Oh , and thank you so much, my sweeties for the sweet Sunday visit. You are the butter to my biscuit! I am so doggone blessed. 

         

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts on Saturday

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Your mind is a powerful thing! When you fill it with positive thoughts , your life will start to change. 

Happiness inspires productivity. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!



Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy. Wish you was here creating snowglobes with us. I know you are in spirit. Love ya!










11 comments:

  1. Wow, Melisa, you have a lot of beautiful stitching to keep you occupied for a very long time. So many fun things to enjoy. The cross stitching on the black aida will look very effective...and striking. Enjoy crafting with your grandkids and nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan to me! I am hoping to decorate this week along with my stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan for a Slow Sunday/Week Stitching. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that’s a big week of plans! Excited to see your results. Have a good time. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'Glad Tidings' turned out great. I really like the fabrics you chose to go into this. Your blog is so festive. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me a little tired thinking about what you want to accomplish. Good for you and I hope that your plans come to fruition. I especially like "Blessed is the Life". I am still working on the knitting but I did receive some of my gifts from Amazon, so I need to wrap There is fudge to make and maybe some cookies that I can give to the neighbors. Have a wonderful Sunday, sending love and hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You won’t have time to get bored this week with all those projects lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, you are sure busy - but the wonderful memories you're making with the grands and nephews! So much fun!
    Love you're projects!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your projects!! :) I hope you show us the snow globes! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday