Blog Archive

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Quilting, Stitching & Baking

 Good Sunday morning , friends.  Grab you a plate.   Fresh out of the oven is  Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are yummy!!!  Milk? Iced Tea?  

Have you seen these little dessert plates at the Dollar Tree? I couldn't resist getting a set of these. 


Pulled out my Barnyard Christmas ornaments this week. 


This week  is going to be  all about reindeer. Well one reindeer in particular. Sweet little Rudolph. 

Did you know that Rudolph is 57 years young ?  For Slow Stitching Sunday I am going to put in some handquilting on my Rudolph quilt that I started last year. Swirls and twirls throughout. 

                     

My friend, Patricia, and I are working on Plum Street's Sampler's "Mary's Sampler" which is a freebie.

 I dyed my fabric with Rit Charcoal Gray and Dark Brown. 

I stitched one version of Mary's Sampler a couple of years ago on tea/coffee dyed aida. I still love it. 

Well that's what I got going on this week on the quilting and stitching front. 

It is baking season here in the holler so I am baking up a storm.So let me share with you this little cookie recipe. It might be one you would like to include in a cookie exchange. 

PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
YIELDS: 2 1/2 dozen

INGREDIENTS:

2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour

1 teaspoon of baking soda 

1 teaspoon of salt

1 cup of butter; softened

3/4 cup of sugar

3/4 cup of packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1 2/3 cups of peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels

1 cup of chopped nuts


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl. 

3. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until creamy. 

4. Add eggs one at a time and beat. 

5. Gradually add in flour mixture.

6. Add morsels and nuts. Stir.

7. Drop by rounded tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheets.

8. Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden brown. 

9. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes ; then remove and place on wire racks to cool.

Enjoy ! 

 My sweet friend, Gabriele sent me some of her floss cards. I was so honored that not only that she stitched   Aunt Bea's Summer's house but she included it on her floss cards. Thank you , Gabriele. 


I sure hope you have a wonderful and blessed day, my friends and thank you again for the sweet visit. I am truly grateful. As always...
Happy Stitching and quilting, ya'll,
Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts on Saturday

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 



Kindness is like snow; it beautifies everything it covers. - Kahlile Gibram

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Winter Wishes!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy. Going to the Christmas parade was not the same. Love ya, Amo. 











16 comments:

  1. The cookies sound delicious, I love peanut butter and chocolate! Have fun quilting today, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you are both cooking and stitching up a storm. Those cookies sound yummy and your little Rudolph quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies made my mouth watering. Thanks for the receipe.
    Happy quilting! Have a great stitching week, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Rudolph quilt looks adorable. I really thought Rudolph was older. LOL The cookies look delicious, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since you mentioned making the quilt from a scrub top (right?), I’ve been looking for that scrub top!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your Rudolph stitching - that's one of my favourite Christmas movies!
    Thanks for posting the link to the lovely Christmas sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe - yum! I love that Rudolph fabric. Have fun stitching on that cute quilt today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe. One of those last pictures with the mixing bowls, I have that same napkin in the left corner! Love seeing your lovely projects and decorations! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m about 3/4 done with Marys Sampler. I work on it each year for a little bit during the Christmas season. I love your little snowmen for a quilt. They are adorable and I love to collect snowmen! The cookies look delish. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love visiting you at your home, it's just a pity it has to be virtual visit! Happy stitching and baking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may have to make those cookies for my son-in-law. I haven't even started my baking. I am trying to get my decorating completed. I adore the Rudolph quilt. I have to get some of that fabric someday. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More cookies? Sounds yummy to me. I'll have mine with ice tea. (I lived in Georgia for several years.) Your little Rudolph is very sweet. Have fun adding some swirls to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melisa, those cookies sound SO GOOD!! I could feel my hips expanding, just from reading the recipe! Hah! Your Rudolph quilt is darling and yes, I do like getting out special Christmas plates and mugs at this time of year. Makes even simple toast and coffee seem more festive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love pulling out seasonal items and all the memories they invoke! Got out my first Christmas quilt the other day, I have learned so much since then! Stay safe and sew on !
    I am off to make cookie dough to bake with the 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.