Thursday, September 3, 2020

Fall Hutch - Take 2!

Well it is that time of the year . Time to pull out all the fall goodies and get to decorating for a new season. I could not wait to get started on my hutch, but I have a confession . It is Sept 3rd and my hutch has already sported 2 Fall looks.  Lol  Will it sport a 3rd? Probably. 
This little hutch was built by my husband some 20+ years ago and now sits in my upstairs kitchen.  I collect a lot of advertising items as you can see by the top of the hutch which never changes. The old Coca Cola boxes hold old cola bottles and the Campbell Soup tin is a great place to store seasonal plates.   Well this is the first look that I went with on my hutch. 


I wanted to use some of the blues, greens and oranges that are popular this year in fall decor. So I started by layering my Dollar Tree plates on the shelves. I am a plate fanatic and have them in about every color. 

On the top shelf I included the Dollar  General boxes and some Better Homes and Garden leaf items purchased a few years ago. Dollar Tree pumpkin pics and ceramic pumpkins fill the pitcher and mugs and the orange pumpkin doiley is a Dollar General find. 

My newest addition was the little glass jar and the blue truck from Hobby Lobby. Oh yes! I have a truck and camper obsession too. 


The second shelf is where I usually like to put my favorites which of course now it is my fall truck and camper . These were Dollar General purchases last year. I added a few crows and rooster in with the mix. 

I even included my Rosie's Pumpkins Cross Stitch which was a freebie on my blog. When I stitched her, I knew I wanted her for the hutch.   The little black hen stitch hanging from a tack is a freebie I stitched years ago. I  found it on Pinterest. It is one my favorites. I have stitched 3 of these and have given them away as gifts. 

The little Welcome Fall sign was purchased from the Dollar Tree and was part of the inspiration for the colors for the hutch decor. 
I haven't pulled out my big pumpkin soup tureen in a few years so I decided to bring it into the mix on the bottom shelf. I added my big ole' rooster found at the Goodwill and some crows, corn and hay from the Dollar Tree. 

Now that was my first attempt to decorate the hutch for Fall. I am going to call it my Crow/Truck / Farm Fall Hutch ... Lol what a long name.    I studied and studied the hutch. I even slept and came back to it, but no I wanted to change it out again.   

So now lets looks at the 2nd attempt at decorating this country hutch. I am going to call this my Pumpkin Pie Fall Hutch. Lol.  I know. I know. You are probably saying  Wow! She has a lot of junk. Lol I do , but I enjoy it. And I am not a minimalist that is just not my style. 

 

So here we go again. At the bottom of the hutch ,you can see more advertising pieces. 




An old feedsack framed from the old local Co Op, a small barrel filled with apples peeks from the corner, a filled flour feedsack  from Colorado sits on an old ice cream churn,  and that old rooster hopped down to the floor. Lol. 

Now on the bottom shelf, I kept out my old juicer but added a Dollar Tree orange  bowl and pumpkin in it. I pulled out the Better Homes and Gardens Pie Plate and placed it on a pedestal and placed some old Pumpkin Spice  tins and a Pumpkin Pie recipe tin in the back .  Behind all this is old ironstone platters. The scale was purchased at the Goodwill . Now I am a very thrifty person and if you look carefully you will seen mini wax tarts sitting on the scale which I made from left over candle wax. The top of them is sprinkled with a little cinnamon.  A bowl full of white Easter eggs round out the bottom shelf.

The pumpkin tureen ended up on the 2nd shelf along with a pumpkin pitcher and some old stem glassware. I also had to include some of my chickens. The colorful plates were replaced with white and orange plates. 

The top shelf now sports a Pumpkin Patch sign from the Dollar General  and an old Fresh Baked Pies plaque from Walmart years ago. I also added a little Dollar Tree leaf garland to the top of the shelf. 
So this is a look at my 2nd attempt at decorating the shelf for fall. 

Here are the 2 different looks together. Stay tuned to see if I go for a 3rd. Lol
. Have a great weekend and happy fall decorating. 
Melisa




8 comments:

  1. Melisa!!!!
    Amazing!! I LOVE both!! where did you get those corn cons???Love them! And all your pumpkin dishes are wonderful!! I usually just decorate the desk area of my Kitchen Hutch for Fall/Halloween but you have inspired me to do more on the shelves of the hutch!! I am thrilled to have found someone who loves to decorate, especially for the Seasons like I do!!Speaking of Coca Cola, while cleaning out and reorganizing our storage room, going through some of my Dad's old tools, I found a wood handled Coca Cola Ice pick...Looking it up, I found it was from the 40's.... My Dad se to use it for punching holes into things!! I am cleaning it up and it is going into my Kitchen.....Now I can't wait to decorate our Kitchen but I will need to wait until after Labor Day....Thanks so much for all the inspiration!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much, Debbie. I got those corn cobs at Dollar Tree and love them. Dollar Tree, Goodwill and Dollar General are my favorites . Lol. I have never seen a Coca Cola ice pick. What a treasure to find especially since it was owned by your dad. Vintage Coca Cola can be quite pricey in our area, but I love anything Cola. I look forward to seeing it in your kitchen decor. I went to the Dollar Tree today and they have new plates in . I ended up getting the plates with the white and orange pumpkins on them. Do I dare redo the hutch? Lol. I will find a place for them some where. I can not wait to see your fall decor. Have a lovely Labor Day.
    Hugs,
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melisa,
      This hutch has inspired my to do a bit of a mixture of Halloween and Fall in my Kitchen hutch...Last year I did a small Fall/ Halloween Kitchen Tree next to the hutch...My hubby just bought a black truck filled with pumpkins in a Halloween theme at Dollar General for me...I have Halloween plates that I can use....I had planned on decorating the Kitchen before Labor Day but had to wait because of a new refrigerator being delivered tomorrow but now I am glad I did because I have so many different ideas now for the Kitchen!!! Thanks so muck for the inspiration!!!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Minimal anything is highly over rated !!! Give me my lovely stuff please ...I love to feather my nest : ) and I know you do to. It just makes us HAPPY. Your hutch is always so lovely...and how nice to hear the story behind it ! Such Lovely inspiration....It make me happy just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you tickle me. My daughters had said there are kindred spirits like me out there and you are exactly right. It gives me a warm feeling plus is a fun little hobby to "play" with my stuff. Thank you so much, Joan. It is always a joy to hear from you. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  4. Love both versions of your hutch in its fall décor! I bet you could have 5-6 versions before fall comes to an end. And I enjoyed hearing the story behind your hutch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Robin. I went to the Dollar Tree Friday and they had new plates in so I got me a whole set. I thought about taking it all down immediately and going for the 3rd but have resisted so far. I just have to put those plates somewhere though. Lol. Have an awesome day. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  5. Lol thank you so much, Robin. I went to the Dollar Tree Friday and they had new plates in so I got me a whole set. I thought about taking it all down immediately and going for the 3rd but have resisted so far. I just have to put those plates somewhere though. Lol. Have an awesome day. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday