Monday, January 25, 2021

Ewe Have My Heart- 1869 Crock - Freebie

Hello, dear friends. Have you already transitioned into Valentine stitching? I officially started stitching Valentine's last week and am loving it. I have been so inspired by all of the lovely stitches that I have been seeing on Instagram.   I do not have a lot of Valentine decor, but slowly it is growing with each sweet little stitch.  This past weekend, I worked on a little design that I could incorporate in my Valentine decor but can also stay out year round. 

I love sheep. I love old crocks. So why not put a sheep in a crock? Lol. This piece is called "Ewe Have My Heart- 1869 Crock". 

                                     

I had posted another crock piece in December called  Fall 1869 Crock . You can find it by clicking on the name. 

Six floss colors were used in this piece which were DMC 3345, blanc, 310, 221, 224, and 842. I stitched mine on 14 count tea dyed aida that came out so nicely. My tea dyeing is a hit or miss. 😂 This time it was a hit at least for me. 

                                

This is a small measuring 44 x 39 and on 14 count aida that measured 3 1/8" x 2 3/4". Love my smalls. 

As I stitched it, I knew I wanted it to be a round finish, but did not know what I was going to complete it on. After stewing over it for a few hours , eureka! Fortunately, I had a little round paper mache' box that I had purchased at Dollar Tree, and I knew it was somewhere deep in my finishing stash. It would be perfect. I was doing a happy jig when I realized yes it would fit.  

                                     

 I painted the box with black and chocolate brown paint- trying to give it a prim look.

 I then mounted the stitched piece on  mat board with 2 layers of batting and  tacked it to the lid of the box. I created a little jute cording with jute from the Dollar Tree. 

                                  

The box looked sort of plain so I added some homespun to the box. Inspired by my  IG friend, Nancy , I wrapped a double twine bow around the box and with that I had a finish.  I have to say  Nancy is a prolific stitcher and has amazing finishing ideas.  She is always sparking my imagination.   Thank you , Nancy. 

I hope to add more crock stitches to my collection. I think one would be so cute mounted on a cheese crock or even in a pie tin. So many ideas whirling in my head. 

Ewe Have My Heart - 1869 Crock & Luv Ewe 

                                Luv Ewe was a freebie last week.                                       

I would be delighted if you added this to your future stitch list. If you are interested, just check out the pdfs below. Now I am not a professional designer  so no professional set up here. I have to put each page in its own pdf. 

For the instruction page , click here  .


For the colored chart, click here .


For the black and white pdf , click here  . 

This little sheep was such a joy to stitch, and I am so proud to add it to my ever growing sheep and farm stitches. 
Did you see my little redwork sheep called " Luv Ewe "   that I posted last week?


 This is another little Barnyard redwork piece called "Luv Chick" .
 I stitched it in DMC 304 on a 5" square of fabric. I made it into a little pillow and hope to have a bowl full soon. I am also going to restitch them to make a little quilt.

Click here for the pdf .  Check back in and you may find these little doodles stuck in random posts. 

Thank you so much for stopping in for a visit. Hope you come back for a visit soon . Have an awesome day and as always...
Happy stitching, ya'll
Melisa
Your visits and sweet comments always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much. I would love to see your stitches. You can always tag me on Instagram and use #pinkernpunkinquilting or Direct Message me. 
It is a beautiful day so why not create something special. 



11 comments:

  1. Thanks for such cute patterns and your generosity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, Melisa! Thank you so much for your wonderful complimentary pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for inspiring me! I love your cute little patterns and this is perfect for Valentine's Day!! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for inspiring me! I love your cute little patterns and this is perfect for Valentine's Day!! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea. And thanks for sharing the design. For the most point I gave up cross stitching because I have a heck of a time following a chart. Every once in a while I’ll do small ornaments for my grands. For the most part I stick to quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ewe are generous and talented. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog a few days ago, absolutely love it! Thank you for creating with and sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melisa,
    So cute!! I love your sweet "Luv Chick" and that is something that I just may be able yo do...I have saved your pattern for a future project!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will never catch up on stitching all your designs if you keep creating new ones lol.
    But keep them coming!! love seeing all your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I love things in sets, and it seems you do, too! Those crock XS you do are among my favorites of your works. You are absolutely talented and prolific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love sets and themes.  I think in just about everything  I have really enjoyed working on the crocks; I hope to add some more in the future. I think a crock quilt would look cute as well. Hmmm.! I may just have to think of that. Lol. Have a great weekend, Susan.  I have been enjoying reading your comments to much. I can not tell you how much that means to me. 

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday