Friday, September 11, 2020

An Itty Bitty Halloween- Happy Cat! Freebie

 Hey, yall.  I am slowly getting ready for Halloween, and for me Halloween would not be complete without a black cat.  I have always had an affinity for the vintage black cat images . I particularly like the images of cats with sly grins and bright eyes.    Every year I create a quilt ,embroidery piece or something with a black cat in it. It has sort of become a Halloween tradition. 

Cute-Black-Cat-Digital-Freebie-GraphicsFairy-1.jpg (1061×1662)        halloween-cat-vintage-image-graphicsfairy.jpg (1091×1600)   

  Well this  is my 1st black cat Halloween cross stitch


This Halloween itty bitty freebie is called " Happy Cat".  Just like my first itty bitty chart "Big Jack and Little Jaxs," it is teeny .  I think Happy Cat looks quite dapper - sporting his polka dot tie. Don't you? 

The design size is 27 x 27 . I stitched mine on 14 count coffee/tea dyed aida which would bring it to 1 7/8" x 1 7/8". That also means it is a quick stitch. 

 I used DMC floss and only four colors which are 921, 310, blanc, and  469 . I decided to finish mine on this little wooden round 4" box that I found at the Goodwill. The box was originally a natural color , but I painted mine black.  Similar paper mache boxes can be found at the Dollar Tree or can be ordered from Factory Direct Craft Outlet . 


A regular mason jar lid was used as the circle template. I finished my stitching on a piece of batting covered mat board and then added two little ripped  fabric ruffles . The orange polka dot fabric is from this year's  Halloween selection at  Walmart . The gingham was from an old sheet, but I know Walmart did have black and white gingham too.  I also added a band of gingham around the side of the box as an accent.

If you would like to stitch "Happy Cat" click here

 


My first Itty Bitty Chart was called "Big Jack and Little Jaxs" If you are interested in  this freebie, click here .  You will be redirected to that post. 

If you stitch Happy Cat,  I would love to see your stitch ; just tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #pinkernpunkinquilting  . Using the hashtag  gives a better chance that I will see it. You can always direct message me too. 
 Next to Happy Cat is Ole Jack a gourd I painted years ago and behind it is a quit with a bucket of Jacks. I will have to do a quilt parade in a future post. 

 
Have an awesome weekend and I hope it is filled with doing something that you love!! And as always...
Happy Stitching, 
Melisa

12 comments:

  1. Hi Melisa, this little fellow is so sweet! Thank you so much for this and all your wonderful freebies. Your designs are the best on the internet. All of your makes and creations add up to fantastic displays! ❤ Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet , Shari. Thank you so much for the kindest words. I can not tell you how much it means to me. This community is so fabulous and supportive and I feel blessed to have found kindred spirits. I wish I could give you a big hug.
      Thank you again, Melisa

      Delete
  2. Melisa!!!
    Adorable!!! Love the pumpkin in the back ground too!!! I see a squirrel in the background...Dollar tree Salt and Pepper set??? If so, I have the same!! LOL!! A bit of family drama prevented me from decorating the front porch and yard yesterday but i will be getting it done today...we are having a stretch of nice cool weather finally!! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Debbie. I can not wait to get all of my Halloween out. Those are Dollar Tree squirrel salt and pepper shakers. I was hoping to get some new ones this year. I am so sorry your decorating got delayed but I so look forward to seeing what all you get done once you post. I want to decorate my porch so bad but I need inspiration.Lol. Have a great week. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  3. He is cute! I enjoyed reading your post this morning. Thank you so much for sharing your designs with us. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I have slowly been pulling out bits of Halloween and incorporating it in my fall decor, but I dread getting up in the attic to get out more. It is still hot here. But I am going to have to get out my black cat collection. Lol. Have a great week . Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  4. I like the vintage look of your black cat design, Melisa! I truly love black cats--had a dear one named Shadow for 14 years. I miss him so much, but with us traveling more, having a pet just isn't in the cards. Anyway--thank you for another adorable design! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. I love black cats too or really any color. My cat named, Kat got killed last year. I had her for almost 10 years. I have resisted getting another for the same reason you haven't because we want to travel . So for now I just have to enjoy them through stitching. Lol. have a great week. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for ALL your Halloween freebies 🎃
    Just LOVE your fall displays 🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Drusilla. I love seeing your fall displays as well. I always drool over your beautiful stitching and collections. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Just printed off happy cat...not sure how I missed him before. I am still doing some fall stitching but I need to get moving on my Christmas stitches as well!! Thanks again for your sweet and generous spirit, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Arlene. I hope you enjoy him. He will stitch up lickety split. I need to do the same. Christmas will be here before you know it. Have a great rest of the week. 

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour