Blog Archive

Saturday, August 19, 2023

A Little Bit of This and That

Hello Sunshine ! It is another fabulous Saturday!   
Welcome, ya'll. How has your week been? Have you been staying busy or have you just been enjoying the dog days of summer? I've been doing  a little bit of both. 

The truck stitch was a darling gift from my friend, Joan and dear Pat sent me the bee skep that her sister made  for me. ๐Ÿค— I am so blessed . Thank you sweet friends. 

Sunny yellow quilt blocks have been dancing out of the Quilt Nest. 


Lots of little simple spool blocks have also been in the works. These are so much fun to piece. 

One evening I was looking through my sewing basket , when all of a sudden my wee Bee Skep whispered , "Yoo whoo, you never finished quilting me" So I quickly grabbed it out from under the other quilt tops that were begging to be worked on and put it into the hoop.  I think it is happy now. 

Often in the mornings and in the evenings, I will get a glimpse of Mama Deer  and her fawn. 
She is awfully  thin, but  she has been enjoying all of the fallen pears that her little belly can hold. 
Fill that belly full, Sweetie.

Yesterday I even got a photo of her and her fawn. 

DOLLAR TREE ALERT   ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐ŸšจI have been to two Dollar Trees this week and found some fabulous fall finds. Now I needed another sign like I need a hole in the head, but when I saw these I had to have them.  They are pretty big too.
Pumpkin Pie is one of my favorite fall treats. The Dollar Tree also had an Apple Pie Recipe sign but I did not get that one. Isn't the rectangle rolling pin cute? 

The Dollar Tree that was in the neighboring county had a ton of Halloween items. I just came home with a little black and orange tree, some ornaments and the candy corn picks and pumpkin. 
Have you found any fabulous fall finds at the Dollar Tree lately? 

After going to the Dollar Tree, you know I just had to hit the Goodwill and low and behold, I found a child's sewing basket which looked very similar to my 1st sewing basket. Do you remember these? They taught hand coordination and fine motor skills by  matching shapes with the spools  and by sewing the large buttons. For $.99 I had to have it . When I got home, I paired it with my 1st sewing machine- the little pink Playskool machine. It still makes me smile .  I know! I know! This ole' gal still loves cute vintage toys. Hey, I still got a little "Kid" in me! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™…

Well ya'll, that's my Saturday ramble.  After the grandbabes leave , I will work on a few more yellow blocks and then begin working on a new cross stitch piece. I am hip hopping between summer stitching to fall and Halloween. 
Have an awesome day, Sweeties. 
As Always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—❤๐Ÿงต

Peace begins with a smile. - Mother Teresa 

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy .I miss you , Amo . Love ya. ❤❤❤

Working on a new Halloween house. 



 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday














 

34 comments:

  1. I put a autumn table topper under my fern the other day but I'm trying not to let fall creep in yet. I'm enjoying summer as long as I can! Happy stitching on your bee quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pulled out a few small autumn quilts the other day to look at them. I will do the same and slowly add in the fall touches. I am enjoying summer too; it has been rather mild this year. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely Autumndeco! I would have bought it too!Unfortunately we don't have Dollar tree's or Hobby Lobbies here in the Netherlands...But when I visited the USA I always paid them a visit....lovely shops! Have a good weekend Melisa and enjoy the summer while it lasts! Hugs from Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marianne the Dollar Tree was filled with so much Autumn goodness, but I was good and just bought a few things. I am looking forward to pulling out all of the fall pieces including my little squirrels. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I do love great finds at the Dollar Tree. I haven't been to one lately tho but would love to find some pretty fall decor to put out in front of the RV. Thanks for reminding me they have some wonderful things! Love the pics of your deer - we saw some yesterday at the base where we're staying but didn't get our phones out in time! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy seeing what the Dollar Tree has.It seems like the different ones we visit have different things. Oh, I bet you could find lots of lovelies to decorate the RV with. I have picked up a few things in the past to use when we are camping. Those little touches sure makes it feel cozy. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I love the bee quilt you are quilting! So fun. I tried to hit up a Dollar Tree after dropping the kids to school on Thursday... Alas, they didn't open until 9AM and it was a little after 8! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday , Deb. Thank you so much on my little Bee quilt. I hope to have it completed by the week's end.  I wish the Dollar Tree would open earlier, don't you?  It is nice to go earlier in the day especially when you are already out to drop off the kiddos. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Your quilt blocks are lovely, Melisa! Nope, I didn't have one of those child sewing boxes or machines. What a lovely find! Enjoy your Saturday! Supposed to be less humid today so hoping to do some stick clean-up once we return from the farmers' market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, Robin. I hope you had a great day at the Farmer's Market and perhaps came home with some treats. Thank you so much on my blocks. They are coming along. I am surprised that my mom saved my little pink sewing machine, but so glad she did. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. I wish I could do a little more shopping at Dollar Tree but I live in an area with young families so young moms usually beat me to all the goodies and treasures. That's ok! LOL
    I'm over the extreme heat and ready for much cooler temps. Have a bliss filled week end, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was just lucky to find these Dollar Tree pieces, Darlene. I told my mom the next day and the DT was wiped out. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Can not wait to see Monday's Mini

      Delete
  7. Your quilt blocks are lovely! Dollar Tree is a busy store here in Oregon. It is amazing how quickly some of the merchandise turns over!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Terry. The blocks are moving along. Our Dollar Tree is the same way. When the holiday items come in , it is best to get what you want because they won't last long. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Love your pink sewing machine!!! I usually just buy cards at Dollar Tree but it's fun to see what you picked up, Melisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Nancy. I am so fortunate to have my sewing machine from when I was a babe. It is always interesting to see what is at the Dollar Tree. I enjoy the seasonal decor. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs. 

      Delete
  9. So many things today! That poor mama...she is definitely too thin. Great signs from the DT. I was in our local store the other day but I was after B'Day cards. I have to be very careful when I go there as I can get into big trouble! I really need blinders because of all the cuteness. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know what you mean about having to put blinders on when going to the Dollar Tree that is why I limit myself on outings. Lol. Hopefully Mama deer will gain some weight soon as her baby grows. It is nice that we have plenty of pears to eat and acorns will be falling in the fall. Have a wonderful Sunday, dear Ginny and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Happy Xaturday to you too, Melisa. Although we are well ahead of you in the time zone so it is actually Sunday here. I do hope the mother deer is not sick, as you say, she is very thin indeed. Lucky you have some pears for her to nibble on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, Jenny. Oh I hope the deer is not sick either. . Hubby believes the baby has taken a lot of the starch out of her. So I am hoping she will gain weight as her baby is weaned.She is a tall and lanky gal that is for sure. Thank you for the sweet Sunday visit.

      Delete
  11. I love the Mother Teresa quotation. I was just reading today about documenting childhood toys as part of our genealogy story! Get those facts recorded! =) Our toys and other acquisitions are important to our family history and herstory. =) I haven't been to Dollar Tree lately, because I hate to shop when I have nothing to spend, but a trip is due before long, I think. You find the cutest things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about documenting childhood toys, but that is a great idea . Genealogy is another one of my hobbies which can be quite addictive. Once I begin researching, it is hard for me to stop. As far as toys, I would love to know more about my parents and grandparents toys. I do have my grandmother's bisque doll.Fortunately , my mom kept a good amount of my toys and I have done the same for my children. Happy Sunday, Susan. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Lovely yellow blocks, I love the spools too, and the bee quilt looks very happy to be on the frame! It's wonderful to have the visit of the deer and her fawn, and nice to have fallen fruits to feed them.
    Lovely autums decorations ;)
    Thank you for sharing these fun toys, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Frederique. I have really enjoyed working on the spool blocks . They are so simple and quick.  I look forward each morning and evening to seeing Mama deer and her babe. She keeps me entertained and is not frightened at all. Have a great weekend. 

      Delete
  13. Ooh, I love your fun Dollar Tree and Goodwill finds and seeing your first sewing machine! I may have to find some of those signs for quilt/block props! Have a great week. It's going to be HOT again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, Brenda . I hope you have had a great weekend. It was nice to find a few treasures at the Goodwill and DT. These little signs would be great props . Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. You found some great finds at both Goodwill and Dollar Tree. I know how much you love decorating for the holidays and seasons. Loving the look of your Halloween house in-the-works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. I tried to be good and not get too much ( Hee! Hee!) , but those cute pieces just jumped out at me. I am already looking forward to decorating for fall and Halloween . Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful quilt blocks, really summery colors, and even with beehives, lovely.
    happy stitching,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Martina. A lot of the fabrics were gifted to me so I am trying to use them up right now.  I always enjoy working with yellows though. Have a blessed day. Hugs. 

      Delete
  16. Your bee quilt is so pretty, Melisa. I'd love to know what kind of hoop you use for hand quilting. I'm wanting to try it :) You found some nice decor items at Dollar Tree and I love the little sewing display you have with the vintage toy sewing maching and basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jeanna. I hope to finish the little bee quilt this weekend. To be honest I am not sure what brand the quilt hoop is. I buy mine at the thrift stores. I have several small and large round hoops and several oval hoops as well. The small ones I use for my mini quilts. It's hard for me to say which shape hoop I like the best . The each have advantages and have a certain feel when you are working with them. It would be nice if you could find one at thrift shop cheap so you could try it out and see how you like the feel of it.

      Delete
  17. A lot of beautiful bits Melisa and thank you for the Dollar Tree Alert, haha! Love the fawn pics!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Diana. You never know what you are going to find at the Dollar Tree . Do you? Lol. It seems the holiday decor goes fast here. Hope you find some great finds when you visit your DT. Have a very lovely day, Diana.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods