Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Bees and Blooms Freebie

 It is another beautiful summer day! And what a delight that you have stopped by for a visit . I am very grateful. Welcome , sweetie pies. Come on in; it is awfully hot and muggy outside. I think the high is supposed to be only in the 80's, but with that humidity, it is stifling .  


The other day I went out to the barn to check the bees. They were buzzing around quite happily. 

The buckwheat is fixing to bloom, but hubby bought some feeders and they are enjoying the extra bit of sugar water. 

Mr. M. who had helped hubby gather bees just harvested 1 gallon of honey. How exciting He said it was a bit bitter for his taste, but his family loved it.

Last night hubby tried a new biscuit recipe ,and boy, were they yuuuummmy!😋😋

               

 There were only two ingredients  2 cups of self rising flour and 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream baked in a cast iron skillet. You know that is going to be good.

 He got the recipe from the Hillbilly Kitchen on Youtube. She has a lot of good ole' southern cooking recipes if you are interested. 

 I have another quick little stitch to share with you probably the last of the bee stitches for the year.  Well, I guess I shouldn't say last, who knows. Lol. This is Bees and Blooms which I stitched last year.

            

 It has been a year, and still I have not found the perfect piece to finish it on, but at least I have it prepared into a round waiting for the next step. I also have it on display - a great reminder to search for something when I go to the thrift store or yard saling. 

It is a small with a design size of 37 x 40. Ya'll know how much I like smalls.  I stitched mine on my usual 14 count tea/coffee dyed aida using what floss supplies I had on hand at the time.  

If you would like to stitch this design, please check out the pdfs below.  Also I would love to see your stitch. You can always tag me on instagram, use #pinkernpunkinquilting, or direct message or email me. I always consider it to be such a honor to see your work whether it is my humble design or another designers. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for instruction page. 


Click here for the colored chart. 


Click here for the black and white chart. 

Thank you again for dropping by, my friends. I think my stitchy chair is calling me along with my  needle and thread.  It is also time for my daily dose of the Andy Griffith show. I never can get enough of Andy, Barney and good ole' Goober 😀👮🚓. As always...
Happy Stitching, ya'll
Melisa
          

The flower doesn't dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes.

Hugs and Stitches!

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for these wonderful freebies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Jan. I so hope you enjoy them. It has been a joy to share. Have a wonderful day,dear and happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Biscuits and honey sound delicious! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, Gretchen. Those biscuits were quite yummy and hard to resist. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. Biscuits!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Your little stitchery is adorable. I love the roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like homemade biscuits. Lol. Thank you so much, Penny for the sweet visit and comment. Have a lovely day, my dear.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet finish, Melisa! Glad to hear the bees are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. I enjoy going out to see them and so hope they make it through the winter. Have a wonderful week, my dear.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like such an easy recipe - will give it a shot! Thanks for including it for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delicious biscuit, Donna. I hope you give it a try. I told hubby it was so good that I do not know if he needs to make it that often. Lol. I could eat one after the other. Thank you for the sweet visit, Donna

      Delete
  6. I really like this one, I have to look everyday, I don't have time everyday, but I look!! I am going to have to learn how to put pictures up on Instagram or anywhere else, I am computer challenged ( just ask my grandson, LOL ). Happy to hear that the bees are taking to their new home, honey will be on the way before you know it, Yummm! Hubby cooks, you are a very lucky lady. Have a great day, hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday, Mary. It is such a delight to hear from you. I love to look on blogs, and IG everyday too so much inspiration. I am so grateful that you come by to visit me. I am very tech challenged too. I do not use a phone for IG so I have to jump through a lot of hoops to post a photo. Lol Thank you so much for the sweet visit dear.. Hugs

      Delete
  7. This Bee design is so super cute! Why are you not designing professionally! I have only recently discovered your blog but I will be checking back regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the sweetest compliment. I am so grateful. I have just been piddling around with designing for fun this past year. It has been a joy and a learning experience. It has been so rewarding to meet other stitchers and quilters who share my passion. Thank you so much for the sweetest compliment, dear.

      Delete
  8. Love the little stitchery! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Sandie. Thank you so much for the most lovely compliment and the sweet visit. I so hope you enjoy it. Happy stitching, dear.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear for the kind comment and the sweet visit. They were quite delicious. A keeper recipe indeed. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  10. So, so cute!!! Don't you just love how bees make honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Nancy for the sweet visit. Bees are amazing creatures and so fascinating to watch especially the honeybees. Have a wonderful week my dear and happy quilting.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Farm Friday Rambles